Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be the final entrant in the Elimination Chamber?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 2 6.67%
Matt Hardy 2 6.67%
Apolol sorry couldn't finish that one. 7 23.33%
Bray Wy....hahaha, oh God. 2 6.67%
THE BIG DOG! .....again! 17 56.67%
Total: 30 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alexa Bliss is wrestling on Raw?! This is a red-letter day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Shima Honnou posted:

just hold raw and smackdown on the same day

at the same time

in the same arena

every week is wargames

Put a third ring in there for NXT or 205 Live and do World War 3!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That birthday guy on camera is lucky since Alexa is in TV matches like once a quarter.

Thanks to Kurt Angle's sexism.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
did you see that Coke commercial where the white police officer is about to turn the firehose on the black guy, and then the cop shoots coca-cola out of the firehose and into the black guy's mouth and they both smile?

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Bo Dallas and world champ returning veteran Vincent at In Your House: Please Give Us Money 2020

to be held quite literally in your house

also, they're going to need to crash on your couch after the show, and they hate to ask but if you got some gas money to help cover their expenses they promise they're good for it and they will pay you back

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

STAC Goat posted:

Coke, im not convinced you have any more to do with the Civil Rights Movement than Dodge or Vince.

this is probably as close as they got to being involved if i had to take a guess

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Sonya Deville looks so lost in the ring sometimes and its so funny.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Shima Honnou posted:

this is probably as close as they got to being involved if i had to take a guess

tastes so good, you'll rise up in nonviolent protest just to get it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart blood posted:

Neither Absolution girl seems terribly confident or fluid.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

So do they have Mickie and Alexa as faces in this match? What the hell?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
sonja is the mma one right, how was she at the mmas

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dango Bango posted:

So do they have Mickie and Alexa as faces in this match? What the hell?

Mickie is a face now.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
is sonya a real mma or a gimmick mma

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shima Honnou posted:

when four brave young men sat at a woolworths lunch counter in greensboro north carolina, they were denied service because of the color of the skin. what were they were trying to order? coca-cola. drink coke, even for black people now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

...So Alexa didn't actually wrestle.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

STAC Goat posted:

Neither Absolution girl seems terrible confident or fluid.

Mandy is greener than Cena's shirt but at least she's trying to fake being confident (badly, but still.)

Sonya just has a perpetual "what do I do?" look on her face.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

Brand split is totally doable, especially with today's roster size. They just need to book better all around.

This is why it's not doable

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Alexa Bliss just one-punched a real MMA fighter. :laffo:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aphrodite posted:

...So Alexa didn't actually wrestle.

I saw her do a flip.

I'd say Mickie carried this match but there wasn't a ton to carry.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
i'm the man
in the pod

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fart blood posted:

Giving her the MMA gimmick was a bad idea, but last week where she got punched in the face and spent the entire match holding her nose was especially bad.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

This is why it's not doable

Not only that but their split actually thins things out too much. WWE has an excellent women roster now, but its split between two shows, so rather than having one solid women roster, we have two thin women's rosters. Same with the tag teams.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

sonja is the mma one right, how was she at the mmas

2-1 record

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Giving her the MMA gimmick was a bad idea, but last week where she got punched in the face and spent the entire match holding her nose was especially bad.

She's doomed the minute Ronda Rousey shows any sign of promise in the ring.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Baron Corbin posted:

is sonya a real mma or a gimmick mma
Real, though she only had 3 fights. (2-1)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

three times better than cm punk

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
maybe they hired all these mma women so ronda could have people to fight so she doesnt have to learn how to wrestle

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Also lmbo Asuka is going to challenge Charlotte and Carmella will cash in

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

i thought she legit busted her nose because of the way the shadow of her nose and how muuch she was babying it

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fart blood posted:

Not only that but their split actually thins things out too much. WWE has an excellent women roster now, but its split between two shows, so rather than having one solid women roster, we have two thin women's rosters. Same with the tag teams.

Dude, if the rosters were unified, it'd just lead to 90% of the women never getting on TV. We're at a point where the women's champion has barely shown up for the last three months because "Well, there's the Absolution segment, the Asuka segment, that's two women's segments, we can't do anymore than that!"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

fart blood posted:

Mandy is greener than Cena's shirt but at least she's trying to fake being confident (badly, but still.)

Sonya just has a perpetual "what do I do?" look on her face.

Mandy might have that cocky diva swagger out of the ring but the second she locks up her body language seems to change. I felt like I saw two or three moments in that match where Mickie had to adjust to help her out and I don't usually notice that stuff.

Like sometimes I'll watch OVW and since it's basically a training school they're all so clearly green. But then they bring in vets and there's just this obvious akwardness in the speed and confidence and fluidity they work. That's what that match felt like to me. Absolution gotta go back to school.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Don't like these still frame replays they do of previous Raws now.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

i'm pretty sure elias was just playing the intro to home improvement

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Elias is the most over wrestler in the WWE

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
lmao elias has gotten so good.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Elias is insulting his partner tomorrow night's home.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shima Honnou posted:

i thought she legit busted her nose because of the way the shadow of her nose and how muuch she was babying it

Probably she did, the trouble was her entire gimmick is supposed to be hard-as-nails fighter who gets into fights all the time and is extremely tough, so seeing her looking like she was completely shocked at getting her nose busted up played completely against her character.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

:lol: at the snorting commentary

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Dude, if the rosters were unified, it'd just lead to 90% of the women never getting on TV. We're at a point where the women's champion has barely shown up for the last three months because "Well, there's the Absolution segment, the Asuka segment, that's two women's segments, we can't do anymore than that!"

That'd happen anyway. This is a company with three hours for Raw and still can't find something for some people to do. It's a management problem and the brand split just doubles the incompetence instead of fixing anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jesus that was loud.

• Locked thread