Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kak
Sep 27, 2002
Part 6 is the best one but Kane Hodder is the best Jason :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
doesn't some random dude like decide to messily devour jason's heart in one movie so he turns into jason or something

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I'll probably get poo poo for this but the most recent one was excellent. It wasn't a remake, I guess it was a reboot or whatever and they should have ran with it. It was perfect "Jason." Mindless superbeast killing kids who drink, do drugs, and have sex. With some fun deaths which is the whole point of the drat dynasty.

I also love Jason Takes Manhattan.

Fight me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dolphin posted:

doesn't some random dude like decide to messily devour jason's heart in one movie so he turns into jason or something

Yes, that was Jason Goes to Hell and it was a horrible, just... horrible movie. But you see Freddy's hand at the end which was kinda neat.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

If Jason was trying to kill me I’d just suck his dick and then while he’s distracted someone else can run up behind him and stab him in the brain

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veiled boner fuel posted:

If Jason was trying to kill me I’d just suck his dick and then while he’s distracted someone else can run up behind him and stab him in the brain
it would probably taste like a fungus infected wet sock loosely wrapped around a rotting fish

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
From what I hear he doesn't like sexual things. In fact, he may hate them and those who do it.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

veiled boner fuel posted:

thats my favorite movie

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pennywise the Frown posted:

From what I hear he doesn't like sexual things. In fact, he may hate them and those who do it.
he's just ugly and jealous and his dick probably rotted off and pegging is like completely out of the question

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Dolphin posted:

he's just ugly and jealous and his dick probably rotted off and pegging is like completely out of the question

also he’s a literal manchild.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Dolphin posted:

it would probably taste like a fungus infected wet sock loosely wrapped around a rotting fish

That’s what all dicks taste like.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Dolphin posted:

:eyepop:

that custom title validated this thread's existence lmbo

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

WatermelonGun posted:

“Activism is so gay”- Eli Roth, a man in his 40’s

Really, beyond the shock value, Holocaust is the only film in the genre worth a poo poo. Everything else is vapid at best and insanely racist at worst. Holocaust is a post-colonial hellhole where there is nothing but despair.

I saw it as him taking issue with #activism where people do it for the wrong reasons, like fame and virtue signaling. His interview on Gawker (RIP) is pretty cool, especially when he's talking about how he paid the villagers who were in the movie.

http://defamer.gawker.com/who-are-we-to-say-that-cannibalism-is-wrong-eli-rot-1732749802

Eli Roth posted:

We paid them. They made more money in three weeks than they would get in an entire year of work. But they said, “It’s hard for us to spend the money,” so we said, “What else can we do for the village?” It’s a village of 300 people, there are four village elders, and we had a big discussion of what would be the most useful. The first thing discussed was a boat but then it was: Who would get to ride it? How would they get gas? Ultimately, they said, there’s 103 huts with straw roofs. They wanted metal roofs for the houses to get them through the rainy season. So we brought 103 roofs for the houses when the shooting was done. Electricity, as we were there, the poles arrived. They were like, “We’ve been asking the government for 50 years for electricity.” But the way it works is first they put in the poles, then a guy comes and says, “Vote for me, and I’ll put in the wires.” Then: “Vote for me and I’ll run the electricity.” In the last few shots of the movie we had to digitally paint out the poles. It’s all coming.

It's a pretty good read, and I was lucky enough to read the interview before seeing the movie. If I hadn't, I probably would have thought of it as "meh" as well.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
imho friday the 13th for the NES is underrated. many people will go on about castlevania or mario, but they are linear trash (except castlevania 2) friday the 13th had a open world free form gameplay! you had to have a good strategy for moving around the map and preventing those kids from being murdered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnlzrZC9yI

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Kuato posted:

:eyepop:

that custom title validated this thread's existence lmbo

That's truly amazing

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Rutibex posted:

imho friday the 13th for the NES is underrated. many people will go on about castlevania or mario, but they are linear trash (except castlevania 2) friday the 13th had a open world free form gameplay! you had to have a good strategy for moving around the map and preventing those kids from being murdered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSnlzrZC9yI

It scared the poo poo out of me as a kid when he would corner you, I didn't know what to do at that point and would just freeze up and lose. Could you escape?

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
The 2 scenes that ever actually scared me are both home invasions

Campervan attack in the original Hills Have Eyes and home invasions in Henry : Portrait of a Serial Killer

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Holy poo poo that custom title is amazing. I guess.... I guess there are angels out there.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sid Vicious posted:

It scared the poo poo out of me as a kid when he would corner you, I didn't know what to do at that point and would just freeze up and lose. Could you escape?

i never beat the game as a kid. i would just wander around collecting items and die to jason occasionally like you, until i lost. this video explains how the games mechanics actually work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcq9YGG6vVA

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 13, 2018

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you assholes

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i bet in the next one it will really be her all along

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

JakeP posted:

she should have went to a wawa haha stupid idiot

Actually WaWa is good. HTH.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Applewhite posted:

Actually WaWa is good. HTH.

thats my point, none of this would have happened if she stopped at wawa instead of that weird diner gas station

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i guess im watching Part 2 right now

haha theres a crippled dude, I bet he doesnt die haha!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
who thought it would be a good idea for a dude with no legs to be a camp counselor in the woods? like I am all for equal rights and like crippled people doing stuff, but a camp in the middle of some murder woods just doesn't really seem like a great idea and also its in New Jersey so like it just makes it worse

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
lol why would one of the counselors bring their dog to camp? also if they are camp counselors how come there are never any kids at the camp?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i never watched any of these movies after 2. even when i was a little kid and there was a high chance of boobs i could just tell it was some undoubtedly dumb poo poo

now if you want to get controversial: hellraiser 2 was good movie

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'll probably get poo poo for this but the most recent one was excellent. It wasn't a remake, I guess it was a reboot or whatever and they should have ran with it. It was perfect "Jason." Mindless superbeast killing kids who drink, do drugs, and have sex. With some fun deaths which is the whole point of the drat dynasty.

I also love Jason Takes Manhattan.

Fight me.

I though the reboot was pretty good too.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

signalnoise posted:

Freddy is exactly the type of guy who'd use rohypnol

Freddy is a pedophile. You don't need drugs when you weigh 5 times what your victim does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
She hitchhiked, it was the 70's.

Somebody buy Dolphin the game so we can teach him all the different Jasons through the educational power of :murder:

• Locked thread