Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

hell yeag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanEasyHedgehogBIRB

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SociablePleasingBetafish-mobile.mp4

put all this poo poo in the OP tia

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Only when you master the blade completely do you gain the ability to do the Swirly Stabby Stab

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Want to know why they call it Kingdom Come: 360? Because when you see it you turn 360 and moonwalk away.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i have to admit, that headshot animation still kicked rear end.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

peasants casually blocking sword attacks with their arms

https://giant.gfycat.com/SilkyUnpleasantDouglasfirbarkbeetle.webm

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

frajaq posted:

Lol what do you expect them to do without a high school degree

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I can see why the devs weren't giving early copies for reviews...I am still interested even if it is a bit of that Euro jank.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Can I be iron hands kung fu master or is that for NPCs only?

I'm starting to think fun euro jank. Watching them wiggle around in way over the top idle animations during cut scenes was pretty funny.

Its a goddamned tragedy you can't create your character at all. He already looks like a bad Souls character but I wanna push those sliders around more. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT STORY OF THE BLACKSMITH changing his chin or facial hair would destroy our artistic intent.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FuzzySlippers posted:

Can I be iron hands kung fu master or is that for NPCs only?

I'm starting to think fun euro jank. Watching them wiggle around in way over the top idle animations during cut scenes was pretty funny.

Its a goddamned tragedy you can't create your character at all. He already looks like a bad Souls character but I wanna push those sliders around more. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT STORY OF THE BLACKSMITH changing his chin or facial hair would destroy our artistic intent.

you can do unarmed combat i think.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

FuzzySlippers posted:

Isn't the game purely first person? So the created character would only actually appear in cutscenes. Anyway I do agree the mc looks ultra generic but they were trying to make some low class blacksmith's son so he isn't going to look too special.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

There are way more cut scenes and dialogue than I expected watching a stream. You are going to be seeing your guy's low detail mug a lot. It is pure first person action but all the interactions are third. This is really more Witcher than TES. I mean except with bad dialogue and animations and such. The animation blending is even more harsh in these close up dialogue scenes.

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 13, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

FYI Steam is reporting this as releasing in four hours, not middle of the day like they had said.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
All these gifs are giving me hope that this game will in fact own.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Ulio posted:

I can see why the devs weren't giving early copies for reviews...I am still interested even if it is a bit of that Euro jank.

Oh, they were. I have one. It's just embargoed until midnight PST tonight.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Popete posted:

All these gifs are giving me hope that this game will in fact own.

Same, but also the clips.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PowerfulDirtyKittenRedCoat

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

GOTY

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

frajaq posted:

Apparently this was a bug where in the beginning tutorial fight you weren't suppose to have a sword yet, and thus flagged to deal unarmed damage for the part.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Randomzx posted:

Apparently this was a bug where in the beginning tutorial fight you weren't suppose to have a sword yet, and thus flagged to deal unarmed damage for the part.

Belief in Peasant Chopping Simulator 2018 renewed.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Randomzx posted:

Yeah a weird thing to hardcore just for that encounter. WHERE IS MY BOHEMIAN REALISM.

You can 1 shot street beggars/hobos so it's definitely not a universal defense thing.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
People please buy this game so I can have more gifs and clips to lol at

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

having played crusader kings 2 and europa universalis 4 i have a vague idea what bohemia is and there fore i am a historical expert on the subject.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

pog boyfriend posted:

having played crusader kings 2 and europa universalis 4 i have a vague idea what bohemia is and there fore i am a historical expert on the subject.

I am an expert too, as I have been to many renaissance festivals.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
I must be overtired because I laughed so hard that I have tears in my eyes at those clips.

This game looks like I programmed it... meaning terrible lol.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I'm watching a twitch stream and just watched the best quest ever. It was like The Hangover: Medieval Edition. Ive been sitting here bashing the game and laughing at all the stupid bugs but that quest was too much.

e: I'm like 50% convinced this game is just a big satirical joke. It's hilarious.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalBusyTriangleOSsloth

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 13, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

I must be overtired because I laughed so hard that I have tears in my eyes at those clips.

This game looks like I programmed it... meaning terrible lol.

Still better than Skyrim

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Zaphod42 posted:

Still better than Skyrim

I hope so. Skyrim was a fun, but a buggy clusterfuck of a game from a AAA developer. Euro-jank aside, I think I'll be busy with this until Mount and Blade 2. Hopefully Warhorse will build on this and the next offering will be more refined. People seem to forget what the witcher 1 was like on release.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
So is this the real Two Worlds 2?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Do NOT take this perk in real life, it seems to be bugged. Waiting for a patch.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dapper_Swindler posted:

you can do unarmed combat i think.

Theoretically yes but not really unless you really enjoy dying over and over.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Steam unlock is up. It'll take ~30 mins to unpack because the game is 32 gigs lol

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Feb 13, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Shadowlz posted:

I'm watching a twitch stream and just watched the best quest ever. It was like The Hangover: Medieval Edition. Ive been sitting here bashing the game and laughing at all the stupid bugs but that quest was too much.

e: I'm like 50% convinced this game is just a big satirical joke. It's hilarious.

https://clips.twitch.tv/OriginalBusyTriangleOSsloth

that's how people walked in the late middle ages

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Looks like reviews are coming in as expected, saying that it's ambitious and interesting with its systems but a buggy technically mess, resulting in pretty middling scores.

I would expect that the reviews were written before this megapatch so maybe some of the issues will be fixed.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I would expect that the reviews were written before this megapatch so maybe some of the issues will be fixed.

My game says it's v1.2 now, and honestly I don't notice any practical difference to v1.1 so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Steam unlock is up. It'll take ~30 mins to unpack because the game is 32 gigs lol

8700K gave an estimate of 4mins 30s.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

My game says it's v1.2 now, and honestly I don't notice any practical difference to v1.1 so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

I'm hype about the idea that the game presents, so I'm kind of leaning on the idea that most of the fuckups will be patched relatively quickly now that it's out. Even the big things like not being able to clearly tell when you're under a status effect is just a matter of throwing an icon on the UI.

That said, it's amazing we have slid this far into "all new releases are beta builds", especially considering the game was in production for four years

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
either way thanks to all the beta testers jumping in today

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm hype about the idea that the game presents, so I'm kind of leaning on the idea that most of the fuckups will be patched relatively quickly now that it's out.

Mmmaybe, but the game's problems run deeper than bugs. There's some baffling design decisions in there, and for instance combat rarely felt fun to me. The more I played the more frustrated I was with various mechanics which didn't feel fully thought out or well realized.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Der Shovel posted:

Mmmaybe, but the game's problems run deeper than bugs. There's some baffling design decisions in there, and for instance combat rarely felt fun to me. The more I played the more frustrated I was with various mechanics which didn't feel fully thought out or well realized.

Oh yeah, the broad strokes of the mechanics are going to be entirely unchanged, so if combat is poo poo then it will always be poo poo. I haven't actually started yet so I look forward to having my misguided optimism shattered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm hype about the idea that the game presents, so I'm kind of leaning on the idea that most of the fuckups will be patched relatively quickly now that it's out. Even the big things like not being able to clearly tell when you're under a status effect is just a matter of throwing an icon on the UI.

That said, it's amazing we have slid this far into "all new releases are beta builds", especially considering the game was in production for four years

I'm in the same boat. No way am I playing this before the first round of patches, but I'm planning on getting around to it as the concept is interesting.