Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/RyanWardLA/status/963180949683937280👀

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Haven’t most teams already played like 56-58 games? Seems like next year’s schedule has to move the break up seeing as how just under 75% of the schedule has been played before a major stoppage

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I won't be happy until I see the Ball Family Lakers versus Bron & Bron Jr in the 2025 NBA Finals

How can they play against each other when they're all on the Lakers?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/963211395612360704

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Carlosologist posted:

Haven’t most teams already played like 56-58 games? Seems like next year’s schedule has to move the break up seeing as how just under 75% of the schedule has been played before a major stoppage

the All-Star Break isn't so much about a season half-way point as it is about Football's Over, presenting the players to casual fans

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
also seeing as how we're all pedantic Number Heads here I'd add that 56-58 is 70% of 82, not 75%!!

edit: plus everyone knows the first 2-3 weeks of the season don't count

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

leftist heap posted:

the big mystery with fultz now is why he's allowed to practice anywhere remotely near where the media might be and why he hasn't been shipped off to an air gapped bunker gym somewhere in the middle of the desert already.

Isolating and ostracizing a kid who may have anxiety issues sounds like an A+ plan.

Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson might have opinions about the organizations loyalty to their players.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
As Chairman Kaga used to say, IF MEMORY SERVES ME, Fultz was fully sick in summer league, is still only 19, has like 2 more years to go before he should be evaluated as an NBA player. The dysfunction is an interesting story but there's a pretty good chance it ends up a fully inconsequential footnote on his career

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

I was actually thinking about Ty Lawson's Rockets stint during the IT stuff. That stuff didn't really become public in the same way but it was pretty similar.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has anyone posted this bobby news:

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/962545462665535488
https://twitter.com/BPortistime/status/962761630290468864

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

EvanTH posted:

As Chairman Kaga used to say, IF MEMORY SERVES ME, Fultz was fully sick in summer league, is still only 19, has like 2 more years to go before he should be evaluated as an NBA player. The dysfunction is an interesting story but there's a pretty good chance it ends up a fully inconsequential footnote on his career

Agreedo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
JODIE MEEKS WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Can someone find me the Nets point differential by quarter?

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

1st quarter -186
2nd quarter -65
3rd quarter +59
4th quarter -20

Pretty sure I am running it correctly -

https://stats.nba.com/team/1610612751/traditional/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&Period=1

Then just change the period

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Nah great in the third abominable in the first troubled in the 4th matches what I expected. Thank you! I shoulda checked NBA.com but I don't go there anymore

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Can someone find me the Nets point differential by quarter?

Here's the whole list by quarter per game

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/stat/average-4th-quarter-margin

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Somewhere D Lo busts out laughing and he doesn't know why

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Somewhere D Lo busts out laughing and he doesn't know why

He can probably hear Loul sighing from his confinement room.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I hope Isaiah enjoys his time in China

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Rick I feel like TJ getting his triple double tonight was basically you getting your own triple double. He's a good boy and we love him very much

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

ozymandius1024 posted:

I know he probably does it to everyone, but Anthony Davis totally owns the Pistons

Yeah, this was an average game for AD against the Pistons:

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/status/963239523504283648

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
They post this video after every win, but the title on this one won't come very often:

https://twitter.com/PelicansNBA/status/963240212162899968

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

Rick I feel like TJ getting his triple double tonight was basically you getting your own triple double. He's a good boy and we love him very much

He's legit the quietist tripdub threat for the past two years. The Sixers let the PG rebound style helps, but he consistently pulls weird weird statlines in limited minutes.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Lockback posted:

Isolating and ostracizing a kid who may have anxiety issues sounds like an A+ plan.

As opposed to him being ostracized by everyone else? The media around Fultz is basically in overdrive right now. Is that really better for the dude than getting out of the spotlight for a bit?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What's good is that Bryan Colangelo still doesn't know how to run a basketball team

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the magic lost a game tonight when zach levine stole and dunked an inbound pass and then hezonja airballed a 38-foot Niko Special, Bulls need to send in tanking special agent Cam Payne now.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

leftist heap posted:

As opposed to him being ostracized by everyone else? The media around Fultz is basically in overdrive right now. Is that really better for the dude than getting out of the spotlight for a bit?

That would mean not traveling with the team at all. I don't think that's a very good idea, and its not like it would stop the columns and news items at all.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
The Spurs camo unis are baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

the magic lost a game tonight when zach levine stole and dunked an inbound pass and then hezonja airballed a 38-foot Niko Special, Bulls need to send in tanking special agent Cam Payne now.

I'm convinced the Magic threw that game at the end.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Lol. The Sixers biggest weakness has been a slashing/scoring combo guard with a passable shot.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Lol. The Sixers biggest weakness has been a slashing/scoring combo guard with a passable shot.

their biggest weakness has been injury. Simmons, Fultz and Embiid have all missed more career games than they've played.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Donovan looked pretty great in that Jazz win but being unable to watch Kawhi Leonard this year or ever again because he's done for sure really really sucks. Rest in Peace to the former guaranteed successor to LeBron James as the best player in the NBA

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdk2gYeNvPc&t=20s

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I too have missed more career NBA games than I have played

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Really loving sucks that Leonard has a flesh eating disease or whatever the gently caress stupid muscle issue it is. I'm similarly convinced it might be career-ending.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

their biggest weakness has been injury. Simmons, Fultz and Embiid have all missed more career games than they've played.

Evan. Look at who you're responding to and the previous convos.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jota posted:

Thank you. I'm going to petition the mods to add this to my posting stats to make it official.

He really is a great player to cheer for.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
The Spurs aren't going to win 50 games. No one could have predicted this except for me.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

R.D. Mangles posted:

This gives the false impression Mario was anything but excellent tonight. That was the only 3 he missed. 24pts, 6 rebounds, 4 steals 3 blocks. 8/14 3/4 5/6 and only 1 turnover. No assist but who passes to these chumps anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

DeimosRising posted:

This gives the false impression Mario was anything but excellent tonight. That was the only 3 he missed. 24pts, 6 rebounds, 4 steals 3 blocks. 8/14 3/4 5/6 and only 1 turnover. No assist but who passes to these chumps anyway

Since Aaron Gordon has been out, Hezonja has basically become a pure wing version of Gordon. It's awesome. He was always great but he needed to have the ball all the time to show it, which seems to be the case with a ton of fringe rotation guys

• Locked thread