Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
It's so weird seeing a design from Nomura that looks almost sensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

What? The noctis design came from a legit French fashion company.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The more I see it, the more I actually start to dislike the car key keyblade. I don't know why, but it's just...too modern??? It doesn't look fantasy enough, I guess.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gologle posted:

The more I see it, the more I actually start to dislike the car key keyblade. I don't know why, but it's just...too modern??? It doesn't look fantasy enough, I guess.

looks too much like it could be an actual sword

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Gologle posted:

exact opposite for me actually. At first I thought it was lame but now I'm diggin it.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
It feels very sentai to me, which is good

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Riku stole the key to the FFXV guys' car.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Honestly I find the keyblade too sensible and muted for Kingdom Hearts

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Imagine living in a world where everyone's clothes are designed by Nomura

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Nina posted:

Exactly, it's a big sword with an awkward grip. Meanwhile Sora is clowning on fools with a Cactus, a Cactus with a hat.

Funky Valentine posted:

I would totally be cool if it's alt mode is just calling the Regalia from off screen to do donuts on chumps though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

lezard_valeth posted:

Imagine living in a world where everyone's clothes are designed by Nomura

sooo.... Shibuya?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Billzasilver posted:

The no pants World is horrifying

No, this is horrifying

https://twitter.com/ClickAgain/status/962815534319333377

https://twitter.com/ClickAgain/status/829477164231778304

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

Squallege posted:

I'm glad to see that Sora and Riku realized that maybe they should make sure they don't have any straps making an x shape anymore. What if it's another mark of the recusant? :tinfoil:

I just imagine the mark of the recusant being a key plot point, Mickey losing his shirt in the climax of 0.2, and the cape returning in BBS final mix all being the brainchild of Nomura making sure that clothes are closely integrated with the overarching storyline and cutscenes

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
For all his faults, Nomura's background as a character designer is what we have to thank for the abundance and consistency of visual symbols in Kingdom Hearts and how closely they integrate with the plot. It's easily the coolest part of Kingdom Hearts from an execution standpoint, divorced from the crossover premise.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

LordMune posted:

For all his faults, Nomura's background as a character designer is what we have to thank for the abundance and consistency of visual symbols in Kingdom Hearts and how closely they integrate with the plot. It's easily the coolest part of Kingdom Hearts from an execution standpoint, divorced from the crossover premise.

Second to the music, but otherwise yes this is right

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Nina posted:

Maybe it'll make "vroom vroom!" and "beep beep" noises.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
If we don’t get at least one scene in which Sora or Riki point that massive keyblade at the gummy ship and lock it like it’s a giant Keyfob this whole series will have been a waste.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Ventana posted:

Second to the music, but otherwise yes this is right

on Twitter someone put it best as KH being proof that a 'labor of love' can turn anything into a great product. This is a game where Donald Duck and an anime boy fight monsters with a big key and Pete the tubby cat mainly known for being Goofy's very rude neighbor talks with anime twinks about their plans to destroy all light and joy in the world and both are treated as equally important bad guys. Multiple extremely talented people were pitched this game and said 'yes this is v. important to me, this game is my son now, I will make it perfect' and went all in.

This is the dumbest, most nonsensical thing I 100% unironically love.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Funky Valentine posted:

That Keyblade is the Regalia. It'll transform into the car.

Caidin posted:

I would totally be cool if it's alt mode is just calling the Regalia from off screen to do donuts on chumps though.

Pretty much, this. With Prompto driving.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

You know if Riku gets a car maybe this really can be the final level. Watching this movie it always made me think "this is something Nomura would put in Kingdom Hearts"

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

sexpig by night posted:

Pete the tubby cat mainly known for being Goofy's very rude neighbor

Um excuse me he's actually mainly known for being a criminal that Mickey detectives his way to and puts in jail.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Pete is a classic Disney villain. He deserves more credit than he's given

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Nina posted:

You know if Riku gets a car maybe this really can be the final level. Watching this movie it always made me think "this is something Nomura would put in Kingdom Hearts"

Riku wouldn’t get a car. Riku would be a car.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Gibbering posted:

Riku wouldn’t get a car. Riku would be a car.

The only right way to pull off the Cars world

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Pete is indeed a good villain but most people remember him as Goofy's put upon grumpy and slightly abusive neighbor

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

If there was an Utena level I would hope they would make Sora, Donald, and Goofy look like 90s style anime.

Then a car, of course.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Pete is indeed a good villain but most people Americans remember him as Goofy's put upon grumpy and slightly abusive neighbor

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I honestly don't remember seeing him in anything before playing the KH games. Like maybe I was vaguely aware there was a character that looked like that from barely remembered stuff seen as a child but otherwise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly don't remember seeing him in anything before playing the KH games. Like maybe I was vaguely aware there was a character that looked like that from barely remembered stuff seen as a child but otherwise.

A Goofy Movie is one of Disney's best movies and you should watch it.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
There should be a Powerline summon

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I was actually really confused by Goof Troop as a kid because I was so used to Pete as a criminal and a Mickey antagonist

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nina posted:

Wow what's this from?

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Shoehead posted:

Wow what's this from?

The Revolutionary Girl Utena movie

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

A Goofy Movie is Disney's best movie and you should watch it.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

It’s a crime A Goofy Movie isn’t on Blu Ray.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

An Extremely Goofy Movie is Disney's best movie and you should watch it.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

https://twitter.com/aliotcard/status/963220276942123009

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That better happen.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

A Goofy Movie is one of Disney's best movies and you should watch it.
I dunno, I went to watch it again recently and it was way weirder than I remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7baCckh-XE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm trying to think of a Disney movie with better songs than a goofy movie and I just can't