Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

and now remington is a billion dollars in debt now that a white republican is president again lmao

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-idUSKBN1FW23Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
boy, i wish my name was remington

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

this never would have happened if remington had had a gun.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Orkin Mang posted:

boy, i wish my name was remington

I dub thee Bushmaster.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
'dr remington flankattack'. gently caress yeah

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I bet the ol' Trumpy will sanction a white flag attack and blame guns. To save the gun industry you see.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Rule #1 in the gun industry is to make something that is highly likely to be banned in the future.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

imagine being unable to turn a profit selling guns in america lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres a reason Smith and Wesson is now a an outdoor sporting goods brand first and gun manufacturer second.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Away all Goats posted:

imagine being unable to turn a profit selling guns in america lmao

It's like selling snow to Inuit

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

quote:

U.S. President Donald Trump has said he will “never, ever infringe on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.”
not like that obama with his "gonna break into your house and take your guns in the middle of the night" policy

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

loving millennials

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i should have got into buying and selling guns during the obama administration now look at it. worse than bitcoin

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Barudak posted:

Theres a reason Smith and Wesson is now a an outdoor sporting goods brand first and gun manufacturer second.

i have a neat smith and wesson pocket knife

it seems well made for the price, and is pretty good at stripping wires too

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

gary oldmans diary posted:

not like that obama with his "gonna break into your house and take your guns in the middle of the night" policy
Between 2009 and 2017 my family and I had to sleep in shifts to ensure Obama wouldn't be able to steal from us, and he still managed to get two antique derringers, a Barbie Starlight Adventure hunting rifle, and our copy of the Qur'an where every mention of Mohammad is crossed out and replaced with "butthead."

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

pbubh

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

Between 2009 and 2017 my family and I had to sleep in shifts to ensure Obama wouldn't be able to steal from us, and he still managed to get two antique derringers, a Barbie Starlight Adventure hunting rifle, and our copy of the Qur'an where every mention of Mohammad is crossed out and replaced with "butthead."

lol

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.
The gun industry just needs to start pandering to leftists.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

gary oldmans diary posted:

I wonder if PhD economists use a racial factor in their functions to predict these sorts of trends.

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

morally adept posted:

The gun industry just needs to start pandering to leftists.

they've got too much brand loyalty to the Kalashnikov

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

ArbitraryC posted:

I wonder if PhD economists use a racial factor in their functions to predict these sorts of trends.

i mean you dont really need a PhD to figure that the "anti gun" party might drive gun sales tbh

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Colonel Cancer posted:

That's what they get for being idiots and not understanding the point of planned obsolescence.

If they were smart they would lobby HARD for gun control and gun buyback programs, making the government destroy millions of weapons. Then you can start selling everyone new weapons for a couple of years before repeating the cycle.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Statutory Ape posted:

i mean you dont really need a PhD to figure that the "anti gun" party might drive gun sales tbh
as soon as gun control was labelled as being anti gun that was the market indicator

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Who could have guessed that a Capital Management firm would have systematically gutted a company of any value before tossing the withered corpse to the vultures?

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

hamtaro posted:

From what I've read American made AKs are trash, coincidence?

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Statutory Ape posted:

and now remington is a billion dollars in debt now that a white republican is president again lmao

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-idUSKBN1FW23Q

Remington is in a weird place in the market where if you care enough to not just buy the cheap lovely brands you're probably going to pony up the extra hundred or so and get some Bougie primo poo poo

idk I forgot they even made anything but ammo tbh

millenials killed remington

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

r u ready to WALK posted:

That's what they get for being idiots and not understanding the point of planned obsolescence.

If they were smart they would lobby HARD for gun control and gun buyback programs, making the government destroy millions of weapons. Then you can start selling everyone new weapons for a couple of years before repeating the cycle.
For real they should be marketing their poo poo like Graphics Cards.

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

hamtaro posted:

legit want an ak

don't want to pay that molot markup

god drat sanctions

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

mind the walrus posted:

For real they should be marketing their poo poo like Graphics Cards.

they kind of do

you can buy a carbon fiber barrel for ars and poo poo now which idk the point of but maybe your effete arms can't handle the extra 3oz of weight idk man but it's a thing now

Hamburger Sandwich
Nov 24, 2007
You would think that gun sales would go up during stock market crisis

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Marxalot posted:

legit want an ak

don't want to pay that molot markup

god drat sanctions

jeez trumps deregulated everything else

WHY NOT DONE?

I want my Dragunov

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like a good time to get some cheap guns i guess

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Panadol posted:

You would think that gun sales would go up during stock market crisis

Ah yes the crisis where the stock market is still stratospherically high, just not compared to a few weeks ago when it was even higher lol

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

cmon you know that shits built up by the ravings of a madman and the byzantine machinations of goldman sachs et al, it's gonna fall like a soufflé the first serious hit to the bullshit abstraction that is the global economy

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

Former DILF posted:

jeez trumps deregulated everything else

WHY NOT DONE?

I want my Dragunov

I looked up how much those were out of curiousity. I'm not even going to comment. I'm just going to post and laugh.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

gently caress Remington ammo anyway. Winchester white box 4 life.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pawn 17 posted:

I dub thee Bushmaster.

:thurman:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The lol is likely pretty deep the more you dig. Known Democrats tended to invest in guns privately in the wake of their own public outcry. Likely made an artificial bubble by whipping up hype and increasing demand, then the second they lose a black president and dont have the woman in office and the R stooge sits down, that stock gets dumped like a trash fire, gutting the gun companies they may actually hate while profiting from its misery

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hell Yeah posted:

this never would have happened if remington had had a gun.

Why don't they just shoot the bankruptcy?

basic hitler posted:

The lol is likely pretty deep the more you dig. Known Democrats tended to invest in guns privately in the wake of their own public outcry. Likely made an artificial bubble by whipping up hype and increasing demand, then the second they lose a black president and dont have the woman in office and the R stooge sits down, that stock gets dumped like a trash fire, gutting the gun companies they may actually hate while profiting from its misery

:capitalism:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Colonel Cancer posted:

Did you know that the NRA have more than 50 different words for 'gun'?

• Locked thread