Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Never enough Constantine. Easy my fav DCW'er

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Never enough Constantine. Easy my fav DCW'er

I’m just starting the show on the CW Seed app, how is it?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Depends... i liked it a lot. If you're a source material nazi, you'll probably hate it.

As far as i'm concerned he's the RDJ of DC tv casting.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I don’t know anything about the comics but I loved his appearance on Arrow.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Rocksicles posted:

As far as i'm concerned he's the RDJ of DC tv casting.

In that he delivers such a complete character it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role past present or future?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bruceski posted:

In that he delivers such a complete character it's hard to imagine anyone else in the role past present or future?

Totes.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Bobby Digital posted:

I’m just starting the show on the CW Seed app, how is it?

Is it just the first season of Constantine on CW Seed, or are they making new shows and streaming them there?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dead Like Rev posted:

I will fight anyone who says Mick isn’t the best on this show.

:same: He always delivers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ruddiger posted:

Is it just the first season of Constantine on CW Seed, or are they making new shows and streaming them there?

It's just the NBC show, but they are making, or made, an animated show for CW Seed, I think.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The big difference between the TV Constantine and the comics Constantine is that the TV version can drive a car and can also handle himself in a fight.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I missed the Time Idiots.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Gay, not blind.

Man, poor Norah. Though I'm pretty sure this will be used to break her free; "remember how we were nice to you and your dad gave you over to a cult that used you?"

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Feb 14, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of great that the first thing Constantine does when he comes aboard is flirt with Snart and then when that doesn't work hooks up with Sara.

The smoking thing was kind of funny because it was a huge to do on his show how they originally weren't allowed to actually show him smoking. So they had to be creative with having him just about to start or just stopping.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
I like that they'll show every nook and cranny in Matt Ryan's face; it adds character and drives home that Constantine is a dude who smokes the gently caress out of a cigarette.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Laterite posted:

I like that they'll show every nook and cranny in Matt Ryan's face; it adds character and drives home that Constantine is a dude who smokes the gently caress out of a cigarette.

He's got the aggy face of a scouser with a cob on.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/963802155311394816

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Good lord :allears:

Maisie Richardson-Sellers is just rockin’ that 70s afro. Holy poo poo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Working on that set looks like so much fun :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good news is that Constantine will be back for at least one more episode this season.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
Is it me or did Brandon Routh go quite a bit grayer since the midseason break?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

V-Men posted:

Someone needs to take Stein’s place.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Nice nod to Firestorm too. Ray's a genius goober dollface.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's a guy on FB claiming that the reason Jax was written out of LoT was because they didn't want two black super powered men with the first name Jefferson on their shows.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

There's a guy on FB claiming that the reason Jax was written out of LoT was because they didn't want two black super powered men with the first name Jefferson on their shows.

Not because he and his wife had a baby and he might want to spend some time with his family?

Edit: Stein was the only person who called him Jefferson, anyway.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rhyno posted:

That sounds like a purestrain DC/Warner Bros. :byodood:BRANDPURITYTM:byodood: dumbfuck move to me. I believe it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

That sounds like a purestrain DC/Warner Bros. :byodood:BRANDPURITYTM:byodood: dumbfuck move to me. I believe it.

Yeah. WE CAN'T CONFUSE OUR VIEWERS.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

Yeah. WE CAN'T CONFUSE OUR VIEWERS.

Well, when you put it that way, it makes perfect sense and it totally not racist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That seems like something that would have come up well before Black Lightning started.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

That seems like something that would have come up well before Black Lightning started.

Yes, but you see...

Warner Bros.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The timing feels right. Jax's last episode aired and then BL debuted shortly after. Disgusting if at all true.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think WB has enough poo poo to call them out on to not need to jump on "sounds like something they's do" rumors.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

I think WB has enough poo poo to call them out on to not need to jump on "sounds like something they's do" rumors.

Fair enough, I suppose. It's just fun to harp on them because dumb poo poo is totally in their wheelhouse. Besides, Legends was always intended to be a slow carousel of a show anyway so people could hop on and off as they pleased or if their stories came to an end. So a moderately high cast turnover is meant to be a feature, not a bug. Basically, if anyone but Caity Lotz and Brandon Routh leave the show, everything is functioning normally. If one or both of them leave, then it's red alert.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

V-Men posted:

Yeah, I noticed that too. He looks like he aged by like a decade or so between the episodes. Weird.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Black Highlander continues.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Tarquinn posted:

Yeah, I noticed that too. He looks like he aged by like a decade or so between the episodes. Weird.

Time travel I guess.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I imagine wearing the ATOM suit isn’t as easy or comfortable as it looks on the show.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Do we know if tonight is Wally's debut? I looked at the episode summary and it seems like if he's around it'll just be in the ending stinger.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I do enjoy a time loop episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Mick is writing a sci fi romance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The bit with the cue cards killed me.