Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

NowonSA posted:

I was thinking they'd just start with 3 guys, but having 2 guys stuck in one pod is hilarious and I hope they do it. They did that tag team Elimination chamber, so there's precedent for 2 peeps in a pod.

Also it's kind of crazy to picture Finn and Seth just murdering each other in close quarters once the bell rings since they're going to be future opponents anyway, then their turn comes up, the pod is unlocked and both their bodies just slump to the floor outside.

Shame that putting Miz and Braun in the same pod is completely off the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

i like that WWE/Vince get real mad when the finish of some Raw is leaked/obvious and so they change it out of spite, but the Roman/Brock mania match has been glaringly obvious and dreaded for months and months and they're just gaining momentum

is ambrose going to be healthy by chamber-time? or joe? I expect someone to interfere and ruin it for someone else, but not in a fun roman-goes-away way.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GrimGypsy posted:

i like that WWE/Vince get real mad when the finish of some Raw is leaked/obvious and so they change it out of spite, but the Roman/Brock mania match has been glaringly obvious and dreaded for months and months and they're just gaining momentum

is ambrose going to be healthy by chamber-time? or joe? I expect someone to interfere and ruin it for someone else, but not in a fun roman-goes-away way.

Ambrose is out for most, if not all, of 2018. Joe's been pulled from all advertising through May.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Since Seth officially left the tag division, is the curse over? Or will all the pods explode putting everyone out with neck/knee injuries for 6 months.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
So what's the plan when Ronda Rousey gets booed like crazy at Elimination Chamber, RAW, and Wrestlemania?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tato posted:

So what's the plan when Ronda Rousey gets booed like crazy at Elimination Chamber, RAW, and Wrestlemania?

Heel Rousey, Face Stephanie

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Andrast posted:

Heel Rousey, Face Stephanie

I’m down with reliving in 2003 Brock Vs Goldberg crowd

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

When’s the last time they did a draft WWE® Superstar™ Shakeup™?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I can never take Elimination Chamber seriously because calling them 'pods' is really dumb sounding

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I can never take Elimination Chamber seriously because calling them 'pods' is really dumb sounding

I can't take it seriously because their in pods. Just have them wait in the back until it's their time.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nia´s gimmick is like that dude in kung pow who got his rear end beaten but still talked trash. Its bad.

This is wwe so Nia will beat Alexa and Asuka in a random RAW in the road to wrestlemania TM.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Remember all the times that Stone Cold Steve Austin got dewy eyed at the prospect of getting his Wrestlemania Moment™

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Was it actually confirmed that PPVs will be dual branded or are we just doing the goon hysteria thing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:discourse:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

bradzilla posted:

Was it actually confirmed that PPVs will be dual branded or are we just doing the goon hysteria thing.

i think it's option b since they only announced backlash as dual brand and it was basically dual brand last year too

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

bradzilla posted:

Was it actually confirmed that PPVs will be dual branded

One of the people who dropped the scoop about Neville walking said it was happening post-Mania, Dave said on Twitter he heard similar and that it was at least partially due to low ticket sales

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i'd say "rip caring about wwe ppvs" but then i remembered i only watch them when i'm bored on sundays, and since 2011 the only match i cared about wasn't the main even anyway outside of that smackdown run, so, my abusive relationship with mainstream wrestling continues

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Finish this sentence.

Jeff Jarrett broke ten thousand guitars, didn't draw a dime.

Braun Strowman broke one bass...

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Give the belt to Braun, bass player. tia

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I pine for the days when the WWF had only four PPVs a year

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

piss tape israel posted:

I pine for the days when the WWF had only four PPVs a year
you want to see them run in place for three five hours a week, for three months at a time?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Addendum: cancel SmackDown, reduce RAW to 1.5 hours, fire Road Dogg out of a cannon

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

ChrisBTY posted:

Because Braun is the next incarnation of Kane/Big Show ie: the multitool that you can easily build up to be a monster of the week for dudes like Reigns because he's so naturally menacing but then you can flip the switch and have him do silly poo poo while he's not needed in the main event scene.

Sadly we all saw this coming but at least Braun will have a fairly well remembered 20 year career.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

St Evan Echoes posted:

When’s the last time they did a draft WWE® Superstar™ Shakeup™?

I think it was the week after mania

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Either you're a monster, or you're in the petting zoo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
For what its worth, Asuka wrestled in the dark match main event last night. She murdered Alexa, but Nia then ran out and got Alexa DQed. Bayley, Banks, and Asuka then chased off Nia (and I assume Alexa).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I just realized Ronda going to Raw increases the likelihood that they're really doing a mixed tag vs Steph and HHH by like 1000%. That or she ends up in the title match with Alexa somehow and Asuka goes to SD to challenge Charlotte. Which would make the match with Nia even more loving pointless than it already is.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Dual brand pay per views eh? Guess IC title better get used to being the Television Title cause lol @ it getting past the preshow when there's 9 belts. So much for those women tag belts too. At least one good thing is Clash of Champions will actually mean something since every title being defended will be kinda :stare: instead of just "..........well yeah? They were last month and they will be next month".

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bradzilla posted:

I just realized Ronda going to Raw increases the likelihood that they're really doing a mixed tag vs Steph and HHH by like 1000%. That or she ends up in the title match with Alexa somehow and Asuka goes to SD to challenge Charlotte. Which would make the match with Nia even more loving pointless than it already is.

Not gonna lie, I'm 100% down for Asuka vs Charlotte if its booked like an NXT match. I'd prefer Asuka vs Becky but this'll do. It does feel like it'd be "2 highest power level women going at it"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blaise330 posted:

Dual brand pay per views eh? Guess IC title better get used to being the Television Title cause lol @ it getting past the preshow when there's 9 belts. So much for those women tag belts too. At least one good thing is Clash of Champions will actually mean something since every title being defended will be kinda :stare: instead of just "..........well yeah? They were last month and they will be next month".

I know I sound like a broken record but...the brand split is bad.

Come on MassRafTer back me up here!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The brand split is the only reason the guys you actually like get any time.

Unless you like Roman.

It's bad but necessary.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

The brand split is the only reason the guys you actually like get any time.

Unless you like Roman.

It's bad but necessary.

Ha! The joke's on you: I'm such a jaded fan that I don't like anybody! :smug:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Maybe they’ll retire the IC belt after Miz wins the Chamber and squashes Brock in 2 minutes

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/963271835348557824

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
They still haven't gone through that surplus of shark cages?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgGHbSdh28

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CwkdiX_1jE

rovert fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Feb 13, 2018

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
what's the point of watching the weekly television anymore when they literally spoil the resolution to their lame cliffhangers six days in advance?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

How are we getting to the rumored Alexa/Nia match at Mania? LOLALEXAWINS at the Chamber, Nia puts up a good fight but loses to Asuka, Asuka challenges Charlotte, Nia pushed over everyone to face Bliss? Is that it?

I hope there's something for Sasha because she's killing it lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sugar Blaster posted:

what's the point of watching the weekly television anymore when they literally spoil the resolution to their lame cliffhangers six days in advance?

• Locked thread