Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

I like the bug that lets you do pearlescent matte paintjobs, I just wish it worked at the custom auto shop so I didn't have to go all the way to LSC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Newbie Report

Picked this up at the last Steam sale. Only just started playing it properly this month. (I know, I’m slow, but I had to finish San Andreas first*)

In the last week I have both fallen in love (with the online play) and been driven to frothing rage. (By some of the online players)

I dressed my dude like a camo-loving redneck and drive everywhere on a dirtbike equipped with a truck horn. Including through a pedestrian mall I only discovered after a fortnight of play.

I have been shot in the head what feels like 8,000 times. So far I’ve only taken out two players, one with a beautiful headshot in retaliation. (Or so I thought, as I actually shot some schmuck who just happened to be in the same area as my assailant.)

The other guy ran out in front of my car like a badly-dressed lemming.

I surprised the gently caress out of some guy by complementing his ability to snipe me as I parachuted out of an exploded helicopter, rather than making aspersions about his sexuality. We then teamed up and spent an enjoyably pointless hour trying to park speedboats on another headshot wizard, who decorated the beachfront with out corpses.

In short, even with the somewhat toxic community, I’m playing this until my thumbs fall off.

If you spot the Distorted Kiwi tooling around town, say hi. Then shoot me.

*Note: I still haven’t finished San Andreas. Stupid flying missions

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I never really have any shortage of outfits, though some are just variants and I have a real thing for gas masks..

Just showing some examples of what you can do though I will full well admit I had to glitch some things like the Deadline Helmet onto outfits. I have a ton more ridiculous crazy outfits, just what I happened to already have some shots of.

Zigmidge posted:

Your imagination, inner child and sense of design are all long dead and rotting if you can't make the sheer amount of options available to you work into something cool or kooky for clothes or cars.

I have a ton of ridiculous outfits but this is my go-to (long before I got the matching MoC trailer). I in particular dig it when I'm running with my friend at like 4AM when there's nobody from the US on since we get known as "The Americans" a lot thanks to his spot-on Honest Abe.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 13, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They released the hustler instead of the 190z :argh:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Powershift posted:

They released the hustler instead of the 190z :argh:

Just came to mention this. loving Rockstar, I was hype as hell for the 190Z :sigh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I did a california kid for my movie car garage and a salt flat racer for my hot rod garage.

And finally bought the kamacho to finish my truck floor.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
This is a good thread with a good OP, but I think this needs to be put in it:

titties posted:

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know that I do not play this game and I don't think you should either

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Anyone got an idea as to why the right analog stick button doesn't work on the PS4 controller when playing the PC version? I can pan the camera around with the stick just fine, but all the actions tied to pressing the stick in don't register.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Capn Beeb posted:

Anyone got an idea as to why the right analog stick button doesn't work on the PS4 controller when playing the PC version? I can pan the camera around with the stick just fine, but all the actions tied to pressing the stick in don't register.

Have you triedturning it off and back on again unmapping and remapping it? If you go to the controller control panel and advanced does it register as a press?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Powershift posted:

I did a california kid for my movie car garage and a salt flat racer for my hot rod garage.

And finally bought the kamacho to finish my truck floor.

You can glitch the fenders off that hotknife if u want... Cycle through the fender options real fast until they disappear and buy whatever option it landed on

Same goes for the blower options, you can glitch it to no blower, just the stock flush stacks (but still have no hood)

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Is there still a way to paint stock wheels? The old method was to buy any set of rims in the color you wanted, then use the ifruit app to re-order the stock wheels and they would be painted the same color as the previous set. Haven't tried it in a while, does this still work?

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Yes as long as the stock wheels don't have chrome, or change color with the paint like the autarch

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Those are still the exact steps? I swear I couldn't get it working last time I tried, but Ill give it another shot tonight.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I did it yesterday on the visione, just like you said. Buy cheap wheels in desired color from lsc, buy stock wheels in ifruit

E:ps4 if it makes a diff

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

On the subject of movie cars...

I did my best to recreate The fastest thing in the valley :v:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

T1g4h posted:

American graffiti?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

coupedeville posted:

American graffiti?

Indeed. Milner's Deuce coupe, or at least as close to it as I can get with the options available.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hugh Malone posted:

I did it yesterday on the visione, just like you said. Buy cheap wheels in desired color from lsc, buy stock wheels in ifruit

E:ps4 if it makes a diff
Yeah duh thanks of course it always worked its just the last two cars I tried had chrome wheels. :doh:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Any time I glitched the fenders off my Hotknife, they came back after a session or two of actually driving the thing. Very sad.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

T1g4h posted:

Sort of a cross between piss yella' and puke green, ain't it?

Also, I wanted to do the stamina boost mentioned in the sticky. Which missions won't spawn cops?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Rad-daddio posted:

Also, I wanted to do the stamina boost mentioned in the sticky. Which missions won't spawn cops?

Any of the Gerald missions. "A Titan of a Job" doesn't spawn cops, either.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I've got around 1.8 million banked right now, I already own Vehicle/Bunker/Special Warehouse, and I have a Buzzard. Getting money has gotten much easier since getting the helicopter, I can get a nice smooth rotation between VIP work, Vehicles, Resupplies & sales for Bunker/Special Cargo.

Should I buy a Hangar, Upgrade the MOC for Vehicle/Weapon Workshop, or Spend 1.6m on a Facility to start working toward a Deluxo? The two things I really am itching for are a Deluxo and an Akula, I know I need the Facility/Hanger respectively.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

TheTofuShop posted:

I've got around 1.8 million banked right now, I already own Vehicle/Bunker/Special Warehouse, and I have a Buzzard. Getting money has gotten much easier since getting the helicopter, I can get a nice smooth rotation between VIP work, Vehicles, Resupplies & sales for Bunker/Special Cargo.

Should I buy a Hangar, Upgrade the MOC for Vehicle/Weapon Workshop, or Spend 1.6m on a Facility to start working toward a Deluxo? The two things I really am itching for are a Deluxo and an Akula, I know I need the Facility/Hanger respectively.

Bear in mind you will need the workshop in the hangar (something like 900K-1MM) for the Akula. If you like doing a lot of freeroam activities and supply runs/sales the Akula is a goddamn miracle even without the hangar workshop. The Deluxo won't really help you any more than the Buzzard except for combat capability against other players. It's not any faster than the buzzard and the hover mode is like controlling a pinball telekinetically, which sounds cool except in this metaphor everything in the world is a bumper.

I'd get the Akula first, upgrade it if you like it, that's a lot more reachable goal than the deluxo and it gets you closer to the deluxo as well. It's a nice copter on its own, it has smooth handling and it holds altitude. Your freeroam rotation is designed for solo income and the Akula is a big value add for that. Your passengers even get night and thermal vision windows, which is useless but gives them something to do.

Meanwhile you can be doing research to make the MOC workshops worth more to you. I assume you're on console since we're discussing legitimately earning money, if you're on the PS4 I'd be happy to let you do some bunker runs with either vehicle to try them out.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

^^ You don't need the Facility to buy and store a Deluxo. Stores in a personal garage, modifies in the MOC or Avenger. Interesting trivia I saw about the Deluxo:

quote:

Unlike the Oppressor, Rocket Voltic and Vigilante, the Deluxo is not considered either a Land Vehicle for use in Time Trials nor an Aircraft for "Fly Under Bridges" and "Low Flying" Freemode Challenges, likely due to its permanent hover capability. As a result of this, it is possible to fly over the fence at Fort Zancudo and not be targeted by the P-996 LAZER jets there.

More free R* funbux

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/964527749300916225

Just logging in gets you $250k. Rebate part sounds like whatever you buy between the 16th(today) and 26th, after the week you'll get 10% of that total back, upto a million. So buy 10million worth of Faggios and get $1million cash back. Not sure if it applies to just vehicles and clothes, or if it includes things like property, ammo, cannon shots, hookers, cans of Sprunk, etc

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
ahaha be ten million dollars rich to be eligible for this money giveaway

You're an absolute sucker and a huge dink if you don't cheat at this game.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I haven't been able to play since my PC died on New Year's, there's actually 3 or 4 million worth of cars I'd like to buy.

oh well, 10% is a poo poo sale anyway

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

^^ You don't need the Facility to buy and store a Deluxo. Stores in a personal garage, modifies in the MOC or Avenger. Interesting trivia I saw about the Deluxo:

More free R* funbux

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames/status/964527749300916225

Just logging in gets you $250k. Rebate part sounds like whatever you buy between the 16th(today) and 26th, after the week you'll get 10% of that total back, upto a million. So buy 10million worth of Faggios and get $1million cash back. Not sure if it applies to just vehicles and clothes, or if it includes things like property, ammo, cannon shots, hookers, cans of Sprunk, etc

Fuckin' sweet! Guess I'm pulling the trigger on a Hydra.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FuturePastNow posted:

oh well, 10% is a poo poo sale anyway

10% on poo poo they never put on sale is better than 0% discount, but generally yes, waiting for a 25% on the things they do is the way to go

I could buy a deluxo I guess but ehhhhhhhh

TheTofuShop posted:

I've got around 1.8 million banked right now, I already own Vehicle/Bunker/Special Warehouse, and I have a Buzzard.

Here's the thing. The Akula is magical, I love flying mine. But you're looking at spending close to five million to get it assuming you've got the trade price - that's a shitload of your time grinding unless you find a magical money hacker, and while it is more fun than a buzzard, is it five million bucks more fun? Just ask yourself is it worth five million bucks of GTA grind, and you have the answer. And ideally don't buy a hangar or a helicopter without the 25% discounts they do from time to time.

And hey, you never know - it's entirely possible that while you grind up the money they'll release something even more monstrously overpowered in the meantime and you'll want that instead. :v:

all this said if you decide you want it, the akula is a great helicopter. Seating 4, stealth mode, and pretty good armament? Solid choice. IMO, far better than the Deluxo, but I already have an Oppressor for my air vehicle needs so the Deluxo's niche for me is very small.

Psion fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 16, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zigmidge posted:

ahaha be ten million dollars rich to be eligible for this money giveaway

You're an absolute sucker and a huge dink if you don't cheat at this game.

I wouldn't go that far but dropping an extra $20 on a mod menu absolutely made online a thousand times more playable

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

New game mode: Punting around the giant orange balls with your Deluxo.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Grand Theft Rocket League

Some sort of Quidditch with Deluxos, Opressors, and Havoks

Phweengee
Nov 5, 2012
I had a nice trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V35hdNjR7bM

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

^^ You don't need the Facility to buy and store a Deluxo. Stores in a personal garage, modifies in the MOC

Truth but if u want discounts on the akula, deluxo, etc you need a facility to host the heist things. P.sure if you want both, the discounts would pay for the base price of most of or all the facilities

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's also super handy to keep a heist open to teleport back to your facility without leaving the session.

Joining your own heist through the phone just dumps you in your heist room, not in the actual hosting menu or anything.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Domestic Amuse posted:

Any of the Gerald missions. "A Titan of a Job" doesn't spawn cops, either.

Did they patch out the bit in creative mode where you got stat boosts even when you were testing the match you made?

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Kuroyama posted:

Did they patch out the bit in creative mode where you got stat boosts even when you were testing the match you made?

Never actually tried that, so I can't tell ya. :shrug:

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
It worked a few months ago, at least.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Apparently the best way to make money is to get drunk and play a fuckton of Sumo matches because you don't notice how long you're going.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Same but leave prematurely and wake up fully dressed in bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Why does this game take soo fukken long to load...