Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Put the Samurai Shodown rpg on the Switch.

Fixed.

I would also buy Dishonored. I played maybe the first hour and lost interest a few years ago, but I'm willing to give it another, legally-purchased, shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Fixed.

I would also buy Dishonored. I played maybe the first hour and lost interest a few years ago, but I'm willing to give it another, legally-purchased, shot.

the first hour is a bit slow, but there are some levels later on that really have a mood to them, and an odd mood too. it's a game that i felt nonchalant about at the start, had quite enjoyed when i finished it, remembered extremely fondly and then absolutely adored when i replayed it. it lingers

other switch wishlist games are Mount Your Friends, re-release of Vagrant Story or Chrono Trigger, literally any good four-player wrasslin' game

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

I would describe the combat as very slow and boring, yeah. I guess I should be changing Blades based on elemental weaknesses, but I can only have two Blades equipped at once. Does remembering the weaknesses of every monster and switching out Blades before battles really make that big of a difference?

You do elemental combos. It really gets going and easier to do once you have three blades.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Put that Lost Planet spinoff that never came out in America because it was set in a anime high school on the Switch and release it in America

It never came out in America because every bit of text in the game isn't actually text but a fully drawn, hard coded Japanese language image and they would have to completely localize and re-draw all of them.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Renting ARMS and Portal Knight because I hate myself

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

All these years and I've never noticed that.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My problem with Xenoblade's combat is that my party members don't like to continue driver combos and if I do it myself there are some blades/movesets where I literally can't, say, launch, switch blades, and smash, before the launch duration runs out.

Lemme smash

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Tender Bender posted:

My problem with Xenoblade's combat is that my party members don't like to continue driver combos and if I do it myself there are some blades/movesets where I literally can't, say, launch, switch blades, and smash, before the launch duration runs out.

Lemme smash

There’s an accessory you can equip which shortens blade resets by a huge chunk. Can’t remember what it’s called, but you def can do them all before timers go out.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Just finished Super Mario Odyssey and I really love the Yoshi egg on Peach's castle throwback to Mario 64 rumors

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

SMT should have Bayonetta playable

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Switch is perfect as a sports fan because you can just play video games through commercials, timeouts, and if the game is bullshit and you're just watching in case it gets good at any point.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'd like to think that someone had andypeach.swf in mind when writing this.

How dare you remind me this exists

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Just finished Super Mario Odyssey and I really love the Yoshi egg on Peach's castle throwback to Mario 64 rumors

That isn't a rumor, Yoshi is on the castle roof in Mario 64

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

I think the rumors would be about riding yoshi in 64, while you can capture him in Odyssey.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

cheetah7071 posted:

Only if you got 120 Stars.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I hope slay the spire comes out for this

cheetah7071 posted:

Are you for real?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Are you for real?

I have no idea how to read your post other than "person who never finished Mario 64 and earnestly believes there is no Yoshi on the roof" so...yes?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah isn’t there a cannon in front of the castle that you don’t have access to until 120 stars?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Wildtortilla posted:

Does Puyo Tetris support playing with friends online?

Yes. It's behind the Free Play option in the online section.

Can't believe there wasn't an answer to this other than a vague reply pages ago.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mahoning posted:

Yeah isn’t there a cannon in front of the castle that you don’t have access to until 120 stars?
Yep. I forget the exact story, but IIRC Nintendo built assets for Yoshi but didn't have the time or resources to make him playable or rideable so they stuck him on the roof as a easter egg.

In other news, Kamiya posted a lengthy thing about hair witches on Twitter. Since it's not a proper "thread", here's the whole thing together:

Kamiya posted:

I've got something I want to tell you all. It's about Bayonetta 3. We are a developer that creates games by signing contracts with publishers and receiving funds from them in order to cover development costs. For Bayonetta 1, we signed a contract with Sega and received funds from them, then we proposed a design for the game and entered production. All of the rights belong to Sega. At the time, our company had only just been established, and we weren't properly equipped for multiplatform development, so after discussing with Sega, we decided to develop the game exclusively for Xbox 360. However, after that, one of Sega's trading partners ended up making a port for PS3, at Sega's behest. More recently, they also decided that a Steam version should be developed, which was released last year. Sega owns the rights to all of these versions.

When we started making Bayonetta 2, we initially received funds from Sega to develop the game for multiple platforms, but the project was halted due to circumstances at Sega. Nintendo then stepped in to continue funding the game, allowing us to finish it. As such, the rights belong to Sega and Nintendo. The rights owners decided the game should be made for Wii U. Nintendo was also kind enough to fund a port of Bayo 1 for Wii U, and they even allowed us to use the Japanese voice track we created for the Wii U version in the PC version of Bayo 1 as well. I am extremely thankful to Nintendo for funding the game, and to Sega for allowing them to use the Bayonetta IP.

As for Bayonetta 3, it was decided from the start that the game was going to be developed using Nintendo's funding. Without their help, we would not have been able to kick off this project. All of the rights still belong to Sega and Nintendo. The rights owners decided that the game should be made for Switch. Game development is a business. Each company has its own circumstances and strategies. Sometimes this means games get made, sometimes it means they get cancelled. But I believe that every single person involved is dedicated to delivering the best possible experience. I know that, to me at least, that's one of the biggest goals when I set to work. I cannot express how happy I am that we get to make Bayonetta 3, and we intend to do everything within our power to make it as good as it can be. That's all we can do, and we consider it our greatest mission. It took a while for production of Bayonetta 3 to be okayed, but now that it has kicked off, I hope it will turn into a wonderful encounter for all of you.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

E2M2 posted:

So Splatoon 2 Starter Edition is the same price but with a strategy guide and some stickers?? BOOOO

It also comes out like 10 months after the original release. Maybe I'll buy it this time

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

The Kins posted:

Yep. I forget the exact story, but IIRC Nintendo built assets for Yoshi but didn't have the time or resources to make him playable or rideable so they stuck him on the roof as a easter egg.

In other news, Kamiya posted a lengthy thing about hair witches on Twitter. Since it's not a proper "thread", here's the whole thing together:

"A wonderful encounter for all of you." hmmm. Hmmm...

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

how's dragonquest builders?

i played the demo and enjoyed it... is the entire game just that repeated over different worlds?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

shrike82 posted:

how's dragonquest builders?

i played the demo and enjoyed it... is the entire game just that repeated over different worlds?
Basically, yeah. The demo ends at the first teleportal, which warps you somewhere else in that world. Build things, complete objectives, smash stuff up, fight a boss, then start from scratch in a new world with a new story.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I hope slay the spire comes out for this

Are you for real?

I just heard about this game earlier and it looks pretty cool. Apparently, the devs are actually looking to port it to Switch.

https://twitter.com/MegaCrit/status/955876995254009856

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Switch thread, I want to get a microSD card so I can start getting everything digital on switch, but I've never gotten an SD card before. Choosing the size stuff is fine, but does the read/write speed matter very much? Is there an acceptable standard for those before I just get one?

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Ventana posted:

Switch thread, I want to get a microSD card so I can start getting everything digital on switch, but I've never gotten an SD card before. Choosing the size stuff is fine, but does the read/write speed matter very much? Is there an acceptable standard for those before I just get one?
According to this, Switch has some internal speed cap, and you won't see any benefit by going above UHS-1 speed.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ventana posted:

Don't worry about the read/write speeds. Digital Foundry did a test loading Breath of the Wild from the game cartridge, from system storage, from an faster read/write SD card, and from a regular SD card and there was virtually no difference between the two SD cards.

Just buy it from a reputable retailer. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it's probably a fake SD card. The Samsung EVO Select 128GB is a pretty good deal and sometimes goes on sale even further.

Sam Faust posted:

"A wonderful encounter for all of you." hmmm. Hmmm...

I think he's referring to the fact that soon, everyone on earth will have a Switch.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

The Kins posted:

This was back when SEGA was downsizing their console development segment. They focused on PC strategy/sim games and mobile games which worked out very well for them in the long run.

The original Bayonetta 2 they were developing might have been different than the one we actually got. At the time, SEGA was consulting design companies to make the sequel more of a mainstream action game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When he says SEGA owns a piece of the third one, does that mean they are partially funding it? Or do they just own the IP?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tender Bender posted:

Lemme smash

The AI gives a high priority to driver combos. If they aren't finishing combos it's because their relevant blade is on cooldown or they need to do something more vital, like keep the party alive/revive someone.

Get Overclock Bangles.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Al Borland Corp. posted:

When he says SEGA owns a piece of the third one, does that mean they are partially funding it? Or do they just own the IP?

Sounds like it's just whatever same division between them was in place while funding the WiiU version of Bayonetta 2.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah, it seems like Sega owns the Bayonetta IP, and Bayonetta 1, and part of Bayonetta 2. Whereas Nintendo owns the Bayonetta 1 vocal track made specifically for the Wii U version, part of Bayonetta 2, and all of Bayonetta 3

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Al Borland Corp. posted:

SEGA owns the Bayonetta IP and Nintendo has the publishing rights/game code for Bayonetta 3.

Bayonetta 2's copyright was co-owned by Nintendo and SEGA so we should expect something similar for 3.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Thanks for the heads up guys. That digital foundry testing stuff is too technical for me to go through this morning, but I guess it works out for me. I was looking at a card similar to the one Mahoning linked but there were like 3 of them that seemed similar and were all the same price so I didn't know if it mattered or not

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Ventana posted:

Thanks for the heads up guys. That digital foundry testing stuff is too technical for me to go through this morning, but I guess it works out for me. I was looking at a card similar to the one Mahoning linked but there were like 3 of them that seemed similar and were all the same price so I didn't know if it mattered or not

Just the results is all you have to look at for the Digital Foundry tests.

As you can see, the loading times for the faster SD card is actually a tick slower than the regular one.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

De Blob is a great game no-one played on the Wii so this rules.
https://twitter.com/THQNordic/status/963412514942935040

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I look forward to not playing it again, but wish it the best of luck

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

njsykora posted:

De Blob is a great game no-one played on the Wii so this rules.
https://twitter.com/THQNordic/status/963412514942935040
Shake controller to jump, again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
How do you spin attack in dragon quest builders? Seen people in YouTube videos using them and I want to!

• Locked thread