Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
When is Amenadiel going to understand that Lucifer wants to get a rise out of Dad?

Why would God be on the show at all? Isn't the point that God is entirely absent (or is He?) but his children can't stop obsessing over him anyway? Amenadiel always trying to please and Lucifer always trying to piss off -- and nothing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Aleph Null posted:

When is Amenadiel going to understand that Lucifer wants to get a rise out of Dad?

Why would God be on the show at all? Isn't the point that God is entirely absent (or is He?) but his children can't stop obsessing over him anyway? Amenadiel always trying to please and Lucifer always trying to piss off -- and nothing happens.

Get Timothy Omundson back as a permanent cast member, have him channel God every once in a while. Just a little bit.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

grack posted:

Get Timothy Omundson back as a permanent cast member, have him channel God every once in a while. Just a little bit.

And if they could find a reason for him to sing every once in a while that would be great. Preferably in a duet with lucifer. Actually there has been a disappointing lack of singing this season.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

grack posted:

I'm not sure he's in any condition to be working right now. His cameo in the Psych movie was honestly kind of a bummer.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

I'm not sure he's in any condition to be working right now. His cameo in the Psych movie was honestly kind of a bummer.

By all accounts he's doing a lot better these days.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm still kinda peeved they had an entire episode with a dude named God Johnson and made absolutely no dick jokes whatsoever.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

grack posted:

By all accounts he's doing a lot better these days.

Well that's good. Last thing I saw him in was Psych, but I suppose that was probably filmed a while ago.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

He’s fabulous in Galavant; If you haven’t seen it you absolutely must.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

The Lord Bude posted:

He’s fabulous in Galavant; If you haven’t seen it you absolutely must.

:agreed:
So glad they managed a second season of that show to properly end it.

Would love to see him back on the show at some point

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Digital Jedi posted:

:agreed:
So glad they managed a second season of that show to properly end it.

Would love to see him back on the show at some point

Wait, it had a proper ending?! I need to watch S2 now. I figured it was cancelled on a cliffhanger so I never bothered.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

There Bias Two posted:

Wait, it had a proper ending?! I need to watch S2 now. I figured it was cancelled on a cliffhanger so I never bothered.

There is a bit of a cliffhanger at the end but for the most part I would say the wrapped it up pretty good. But it has been a while since I rewatched it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

There is a bit of a cliffhanger at the end but for the most part I would say the wrapped it up pretty good. But it has been a while since I rewatched it.

Not so much a cliffhanger as a 'next season's adventure hook'. They got their happily ever after. (literally; they sang about it). Also the complete soundtrack is on apple music now. I don't think there's ever been a tv show cancellation that's ever upset me more than galavant. That show was too perfect for this world.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

Not so much a cliffhanger as a 'next season's adventure hook'. They got their happily ever after. (literally; they sang about it). Also the complete soundtrack is on apple music now. I don't think there's ever been a tv show cancellation that's ever upset me more than galavant. That show was too perfect for this world.

Sadly, this is true.

And if nothing else, the leitmotif of the main theme song gave me lots of material to use during that season of Got Ham? when the primary antagonist was a dude named Galavan. All I had to do was figure out a way to rhyme the events of the odd episode here or there that could be sung to that earworm, and all was right with the world.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The Lord Bude posted:

I think if they had waited a year or two it would've had a long run on Netflix or Hulu.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Last I heard there was talk of a stage production but I don’t know if that ever went anywhere.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

sassassin posted:

Was anyone else hoping Ella would get shot? And then instead of a big weepy funeral for her she'd just never get mentioned again?

That would be fantastic.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Decent episode, very sweet ending.

The killer was obvious, though.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

grack posted:

Decent episode, very sweet ending.

The killer was obvious, though.

Killer is almost always super obvious in this show, but it doesn't stop me from loving it any less.

I did have a major problem with this episode though. I can suspend my disbelief enough to believe that the devil is real and walks the earth, and is a good guy, and I can suspend my disbelief enough to believe his brother the angel can stop time, but this episode went too far.

There is literally no school that does a 16 or 17 year high school reunion.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Also, apparently Lucifer can travel through time (based on what it sounds like he is planning)?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aleph Null posted:

Also, apparently Lucifer can travel through time (based on what it sounds like he is planning)?

It'll probably be a multi-episode build up where he's got to collect certain crap.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

It'll probably be a multi-episode build up where he's got to collect certain crap.

Step one will be hiring Penultimo to assist him with his time travel research

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Milo and POTUS posted:

It does explain the spoilerly article title I saw (did not read the article) about casting an actor for ____Abel____.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Amenadiel can slow down time, so maybe he'll have to collect 3 craps that can restore/boost Amanadiels powers then persuade him to help.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
So uh, not sure if it's a spoiler or not: He was supposed to reveal himself to Chloe this episode. Did that actually happen? I only finished season two, and it's getting annoying.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Combat Pretzel posted:

So uh, not sure if it's a spoiler or not: He was supposed to reveal himself to Chloe this episode. Did that actually happen? I only finished season two, and it's getting annoying.

There was a dream sequence

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Eh, that happened in season 2 already, too. Meh.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Maybe they’ll just swing by Hell and bring Abel back to Earth. With Abel alive, Cain’s crime is undone and so is the curse.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Combat Pretzel posted:

No, he's a big stupid baby. There was that time he was going to show her his devil face, but it broke and Chloe got all mad at him being an rear end in a top hat. "Someone" took his devil away from him and gave him his wings back instead. Recently, like someone else said: he has a dream about it and it does not go well. In the dream, he popped his wings and Chloe freaked out and fell off the balcony and Lucifer wasn't fast enough to catch her. Then he wakes up.

Edit:

Doji Sekushi posted:

Maybe they’ll just swing by Hell and bring Abel back to Earth. With Abel alive, Cain’s crime is undone and so is the curse.

Why would Abel be in hell?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aleph Null posted:

Why would Abel be in hell?

Cain did nothing wrong.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I think whatever they do will involve at least partially restoring Amendiels powers; He has time stuff, he has brought Dan back from the dead before, and it gives the writers "What do you MEAN you wont help me do the thing, Brother?" drama to mine. Probably also collecting and assembling the mcguffin.

Combat Pretzel posted:

I like the show a bunch, but tbh if you cant get past "when is he going to reveal himself to Chloe" you are in for a bad time. I dont think that will ever happen, it'd be too big a departure from the status quo. I could be wrong, but no matter how long the show runs I think we'll still be discussing how they faked out/backed out/walked back Lucifer showing Chloe that hes the real devil. Her catching a glimpse of the devil face in a reflection early S1 is probably the closest we'll ever get, and she... I dont remember. Probably persuaded herself she had imagined it?

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I'm looking forward to Season 5, where every single supporting character in the show knows that Lucifer is the devil in a very plain and literal way and Decker remains utterly oblivious, writing it off as mass eccentricity

grack
Jan 10, 2012

That ended up being anti-climactic. I'm a big fan of what the show is doing with Tricia Helfer's character, though.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Agreed, it seemed very rushed. I liked seeing Perretti do some bits for comedy value, but overall it seemed like a waste. Especially since it moved nothing forward, and ultimately comes off as a one off "guest star" episode.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

grack posted:

That ended up being anti-climactic. I'm a big fan of what the show is doing with Tricia Helfer's character, though.

I agree. Her acting chops are really shining greatly now.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

hatelull posted:

Especially since it moved nothing forward, and ultimately comes off as a one off "guest star" episode.

I'm not sure I totally agree with this. The big story arc for Season 3 has been the breakdown and rebuilding of Chloe and Lucifer's personal relationship, so episode did do something to move that forward. I do agree that it did poo poo all for Cain/Tom Welling, though.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
It wasn't Chelsea Peretti, though I definitely see the resemblance. It was Lauren Lapkus.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Oh wow. I knew she was recognizable, but you're totally right. She was the guard from OITNB. My mistake. :(

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Are we sure Abel's dead?

Edit: I find Lucifer and Chloe the least interesting characters on the show. They haven't changed or grown. Even Trixie has had more character development. I'm not sure what the A-plot is even supposed to be anymore. I care about all the other people's lives: Charlotte and her trying to stay out of Hell, Amenadiel and his quest to make Dad happy while still falling for a human, Linda facing Charlotte and loving Amenadiel but loving her friendship with Maze more, Maze befriending Trixie and having actual emotions when Linda and Amenadiel lie to her, Dan doing improv and trying to reconnect with Charlotte. Uh, Ella has a weird family, I guess. But Lucifer and Chloe? Lucifer is still mad at God I guess. Chloe is still... doing what she does while being far too pretty doing it.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 8, 2018

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I kinda dropped off this show but apparently the season got good again so i'm catching back up. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

That was a terrible episode. So hokey with the singing poo poo. Maze still being a bitch is getting old, and Cain is going to try and steal Chloe now? What? I thought we dodged that plot bullet with the Cain reveal.

• Locked thread