Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Warthur
May 2, 2004

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I can never take Elimination Chamber seriously because calling them 'pods' is really dumb sounding
I can't take it seriously because "Elimination Chamber" sounds like a fancy way of saying "toilet".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

D.N. Nation posted:

How are we getting to the rumored Alexa/Nia match at Mania? LOLALEXAWINS at the Chamber, Nia puts up a good fight but loses to Asuka, Asuka challenges Charlotte, Nia pushed over everyone to face Bliss? Is that it?

I hope there's something for Sasha because she's killing it lately.

Sasha will most likely fight Bayley at Wrestlemania

in a seven minute match

where Bayley wins via rollup

on the pre-show

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

gotta say this is an excellent counterpoint

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

fart blood posted:

in a seven minute match

on the pre-show

Preeeeeeetty much my fear. Maybe have them frenemy-team against (pick randos from Total Divas).

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

GrimGypsy posted:

i like that WWE/Vince get real mad when the finish of some Raw is leaked/obvious and so they change it out of spite, but the Roman/Brock mania match has been glaringly obvious and dreaded for months and months and they're just gaining momentum

What's weird to me about all of this is how this time they're putting so little emphasis on Roman as a contender. Leading into Elimination Chamber, he appears to have the least going on and if it wasn't so certain that he was winning, he'd feel like when they would throw R-Truth or pre-New Day Kofi into the match.

Cena's talking up how important WrestleMania is, Rollins is coming off a disastrous tag situation and is entered as a curveball, Balor has a redemption angle, Braun is being treated as the ultimate threat, Elias is smug about having the best advantage and Miz is the doomed underdog. Roman is a supporting character in Rollins' abruptly-ended tag storyline and just... has matches.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

How are we getting to the rumored Alexa/Nia match at Mania? LOLALEXAWINS at the Chamber, Nia puts up a good fight but loses to Asuka, Asuka challenges Charlotte, Nia pushed over everyone to face Bliss? Is that it?

I hope there's something for Sasha because she's killing it lately.

When you account for Bayley and Sasha having their own thing, "everyone" is just Mickie and Absolution.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fart blood posted:

in a seven minute match

on the pre-show

They will both be in the History Making First Ever Women’s Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royale and both are eliminated by a returning Eva Marie

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

If all the PPVs are dual brand, will they have inter-brand matches or will they still be brand exclusive?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

If all the PPVs are dual brand, will they have inter-brand matches or will they still be brand exclusive?

The latter, mostly. It's to try to bring up ticket sales, not end the split.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
1 year ago

Not often you see a guy literally go ^_^

This year though, its all about

So since there's no more smackdown PPVs, Talking Smack is like SUPER DUPER canceled now right? Like even more canceled than before.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bray winning was great because otherwise Elimination Chamber '17 was a pretty lousy PPV, IIRC

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Dacap posted:

don't be silly. survivor series is the one time of year where raw and smackdown superstars compete head to head. except for all the other times when that happens.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Hope tonight's MMC has Elias still selling the Braun encounter. Also Lana pinning Bayley.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Blaise330 posted:

So since there's no more smackdown PPVs, Talking Smack is like SUPER DUPER canceled now right? Like even more canceled than before.

Knowing Vince, he probably ended the branded PPVs just to stick it to Talking Smack.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
Are they going to have more than one woman in the Hall of Fame this year instead of the "one woman because we have to" mentality? Seems like they can't really ignore that anymore.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Sugar Blaster posted:

don't be silly. survivor series is the one time of year where raw and smackdown superstars compete head to head. except for all the other times when that happens.

Okay to be fair, the first year the shows acted like they were on different planets from each other outside of big 4s. Before road dogg even the presentations of the shows looked like they were by 2 different companies.

Speaking of brand crossover, whats the last time free agent cena was seen on a tuesday? The night Corbin cashed in?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Speaking of brand crossover, whats the last time free agent cena was seen on a tuesday? The night Corbin cashed in?

Cena was on SDL's team at Survivor Series. You might've forgotten it because he was in the match for like 2 minutes.

e: though I don't think he ever showed up to an actual SDL taping, just the PPV.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

D.N. Nation posted:

Cena was on SDL's team at Survivor Series. You might've forgotten it because he was in the match for like 2 minutes.

e: though I don't think he ever showed up to an actual SDL taping, just the PPV.

Yep just the PPV, and he was on Raw the next night.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

D.N. Nation posted:

Yeah that's why i said tuesday. I remember the night where we endured 4 weeks of colored tshirts mind controlling people like mario's hat on mario odyssey and pushing them into some kind of gang war just for john cena (who was on raw his last feud) to run out in bright lime green. Least we got to see braun and the shield team up to slay shane, the ultimate villain.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Blaise330 posted:

1 year ago

Not often you see a guy literally go ^_^

goddamn they did everything they could to build him up, down to beating Cena/AJ clean not once but twice. I fail to recall a bigger push that was hellbombed to oblivion so quickly with that loving Orton match abomination.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DLC Inc posted:

goddamn they did everything they could to build him up, down to beating Cena/AJ clean not once but twice. I fail to recall a bigger push that was hellbombed to oblivion so quickly with that loving Orton match abomination.

Well you see it's okay because he bought a new house with the money.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Plus he has a ghost tractor.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Well bray did end rollins singles run... although they never explained why they were fighting... and rollins beat him for a chamber spot literally 1 day after returning to the singles division. Rollins vs Brock should be at WM since Seth took the title off of him last time. As for bray, just have him feud spooky people and weirdos the rest of his career. Maybe get that one marionette chick from tna to come fight him.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Push El Burrito posted:

Plus he has a ghost tractor.

We need to all get together and rewatch the house of horrors match every year on its anniversary.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Is Angle gonna wrestle a match at Mania?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Professor Funk posted:

So far, no. But who knows, anything could happen. A few weeks from now ziggler could be champion.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

In a calendar year Bray went from winning the EC title match to losing two matches with chances to even be in the match, including a second chance match where two people pinned his carcass at the same time

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aphrodite posted:

The brand split is the only reason the guys you actually like get any time.

Unless you like Roman.

It's bad but necessary.

This is my fear as well. If the brand split still exists, then that's good for more talent. It just means some people won't make it to the monthly PPV when they normally would have. If the split goes away completely, it's going to be over-saturation in every division and we'll fall back into the same problem WWE has where they can only write a story for the champion and a challenger, but nobody else in the division.

Pitwar
Jul 19, 2008

Who's your mate?!

Professor Funk posted:

I wouldn't be shocked to see him as Ronda's partner against Triple H and Steph at Mania.

I'd be shocked if they managed to get The Rock for it, and they can work Angle in to the story pretty easily.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
hahaha i just thought again about how they set up a cliffhanger to get people to tune in next week and then immediately went on twitter and blabbed it like it was a late breaking news thing.

vince, it's a tv show, you run a tv show, how did you forget that?

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

1 year ago

Sigh. I miss Talking Smack after Smackdown so much 😞

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

@WWF: BREAKING NEWS: WWF Chairman Vince McMahon to reveal himself as Undertaker's "Higher Power" on next Monday Night #Raw!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I feel they’re kind of building Braun right if they do see him as a long term future champ. Testing his chops for comedy spots, showing him as a legit scary threat, the guy is delivering on all fronts and being entertaining but it’s not rushed. He’s just rising to the level necessary. So I hope in latter end of year or next year he’s the #1 guy after this experience.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

shiksa posted:

hahaha i just thought again about how they set up a cliffhanger to get people to tune in next week and then immediately went on twitter and blabbed it like it was a late breaking news thing.

They had Kurt go on Facebook Live to announce it. The whole plan was to drive views to Facebook.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like it when braun smashes people with his enormous body or with giant items. I clap when i see it on my screen!

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Aphrodite posted:

They had Kurt go on Facebook Live to announce it. The whole plan was to drive views to Facebook.

Accept they didn't use the TV show to drive views to FB, which was dumb af. Instead of saying on air "GM Angle will have to resolve this somehow, see what's up on FB Live," they just posted on Twitter about it, and it's sort of a leap to assume the TV audience is feverishly checking WWE's twitter right after Raw.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

shiksa posted:

I referenced it earlier, but it really reeked of the old Nitros back when they were kicking RAW's rear end, where the show would just abruptly end.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 13, 2018

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’s hard to believe there was a time when Braun was bad, because he rules so hard now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Professor Funk posted:

Accept they didn't use the TV show to drive views to FB, which was dumb af. Instead of saying on air "GM Angle will have to resolve this somehow, see what's up on FB Live," they just posted on Twitter about it, and it's sort of a leap to assume the TV audience is feverishly checking WWE's twitter right after Raw.

I don't deny it was dumb but they pretty much immediately announced Kurt's thing on social media so they never planned to go into next week with it.

• Locked thread