Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I did a 11 pull hoping I wouldnt get Hope's crap but QT stuff.

Wouldnt you know it, 1 gold and its loving Hope's boomerang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

OK I now have 5 stars for Vivi, Squall, Zidane, Bartz, Rem, Penelo, Hope, and Yuna.

I think that's enough for the foreseeable future. Now to not pull until the next power creep.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No idea how to embed this, but between not using Kefka's SNES laugh, and now this, Squeenix is making some enemies... :argh:

https://v.redd.it/ghs4xhtnfnf01/DASH_600_K

Love Machine
Sep 7, 2012

Batteries not included.
I caved and did another pull and got the Yuna weapon! I don't regret it, a team of Yuna, Terra and Vanille trivialized that final event fight.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Apparently the gil for friend list uses caps after 50 people for a total of 5000 gil.

515 people used my Cloud yesterday. :stare:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Found this crap on the subreddit. I braved it so you don't have to.

Best place to farm is the highest level of the Cycle Quest "Pursuit of Color Crystals"

• located in the Vortex that can be found in the world map. Must beat Chapter 1 to unlock it

In Story Mode

Level 26-35

• Chapter 5 Firion 2 Hard Mode - 197 EXP

Level 33-40

• Chapter 4: Chapter 4-10 Hard Mode - 327XP

Level 40-50

• Chapter 5-5(yellow one) Hard mode 416 EXP

Level 40-50

• Chapter 5-9 (Yellow one) Hard mode 420 EXP

────────

AFK Farm - Level 25

Chapter 2: Ominous Shrine Pt. 2. Hard.

Depending on your team can be auto'd from lvl 25 onward in under two mins each run for 266.

────────

If you have the need to run the game at 60fps you can change your battery settings to Normal instead of Low.

Edit: gently caress me I did 2x Banner pulls going for Yuna's weapon and ended up with Vanille and Hope's. Oh well, I guess Y'shtola is awesome and I have her 5*.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 12, 2018

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

J3ng4 posted:

Found this crap on the subreddit. I braved it so you don't have to.

Best place to farm is the highest level of the Cycle Quest "Pursuit of Color Crystals"

• located in the Vortex that can be found in the world map. Must beat Chapter 1 to unlock it

In Story Mode

Level 26-35

• Chapter 5 Firion 2 Hard Mode - 197 EXP

Level 33-40

• Chapter 4: Chapter 4-10 Hard Mode - 327XP

Level 40-50

• Chapter 5-5(yellow one) Hard mode 416 EXP

Level 40-50

• Chapter 5-9 (Yellow one) Hard mode 420 EXP

────────

AFK Farm - Level 25

Chapter 2: Ominous Shrine Pt. 2. Hard.

Depending on your team can be auto'd from lvl 25 onward in under two mins each run for 266.

────────

If you have the need to run the game at 60fps you can change your battery settings to Normal instead of Low.

Edit: gently caress me I did 2x Banner pulls going for Yuna's weapon and ended up with Vanille and Hope's. Oh well, I guess Y'shtola is awesome and I have her 5*.

Look at the bright side, now you have a 2/3 limit broken weapon!

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Been rerolling a couple times a day since this came out and finally got one worth sticking with, mainly cause it has Terra and Vaan plus a couple limit breaked mediocre 5*'s for 7500 gems.

After I finish chapter 1 I'll roll on Squalls banner as well. If only I got WoL it would have been perfect but its good enough.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Ubiquitus posted:

Look at the bright side, now you have a 2/3 limit broken weapon!

Doesn't it take 4 5* token things to limit break? Also, I'm wondering if I should just dump a bunch of mats into my 4* weapon for Yuna and the LB it. I like Yuna as a character but I feel Y'shtola is nice as well for a support type character.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
What summon are people suggesting to run and upgrade?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tormented posted:

What summon are people suggesting to run and upgrade?

I'm running Sylph for this event for the debuff resist. I generally run Ifrit for the attack boost. I can see Odin being useful for alpha strikes in a full sword team. They're all pretty useful with limited resource competition.

Level 5 of the event is actually pretty tough.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Not leveling a mage is really kicking my rear end in this Vanille event. My party is usually Vaan/Squall/Cloud and while they chew through everything with physical attacks having to face a magic-oriented enemy like that red knight is pretty terrible.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Not leveling a mage is really kicking my rear end in this Vanille event. My party is usually Vaan/Squall/Cloud and while they chew through everything with physical attacks having to face a magic-oriented enemy like that red knight is pretty terrible.

I've got the characters, levels, and crystal strength, but I could really use better weapons. Might just level up my 3* stuff.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Is onion knight any good ? I have his gold weapon and just unlocked him in story ... but I already have a 3x limit break cloud, a 2x lb WoL and zidanes 5*

But I like OK and be was a beast in both FFRK AND FFBE

also can anyone get this to run on memu emulator ? I'd love to be able to play on desktop but it just crashes memu

Edit: the internet says he sucks so I pulled one more time 5k on squals banner and finally got his sword and another of zidanes crossblades so looks like I'll be running cloud squal zidane

Hi fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 13, 2018

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Apparently the only emulator this works on is Bluestacks, from what I've seen.

On the bright side Bluestacks isn't as much of a bloated piece of poo poo as it used to be.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Combo posted:

Apparently the only emulator this works on is Bluestacks, from what I've seen.

On the bright side Bluestacks isn't as much of a bloated piece of poo poo as it used to be.

Does it still add 2-3 garbageware apps to your google account every day? That's really the only thing keeping me from using it at this point.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Policenaut posted:

I'm feeling this way about content in general. Does Terra count as a Mage?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Yup!

Love Machine
Sep 7, 2012

Batteries not included.
I was surprised how much a mage team makes a difference, they don't even need to be super high level, having Vanille's dispell and Yuna's esuna will make the fight much easier, if you dispell the haste/berserk buff the boss will waste time reapplying it. A decent Terra will carry the dps output just fine.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Love Machine posted:

I was surprised how much a mage team makes a difference, they don't even need to be super high level, having Vanille's dispell and Yuna's esuna will make the fight much easier, if you dispell the haste/berserk buff the boss will waste time reapplying it. A decent Terra will carry the dps output just fine.

I have no 5* anything outside Cloud, Vaan, WoL. Is it worth leveling a mage and using some sort of 4* staff?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

silvergoose posted:

I have no 5* anything outside Cloud, Vaan, WoL. Is it worth leveling a mage and using some sort of 4* staff?

I have Terra using my WOL 6* and cleaning house.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Love Machine posted:

I did a pull on the new banner and got the Vanille weapon first try, but Esuna boost seems really good, should I try for the Yuna weapon or keep hoarding gems for when the real good stuff comes out?

You could pull for yuna now (brave battery is awesome!) or save up for Ramza that should come out around the end of april.

I'm saving my gems for that tbqh.

Love Machine
Sep 7, 2012

Batteries not included.

silvergoose posted:

My Terra was the only one who was well geared up (5* Falchion) and she carried the damage just fine, Yuna and Vanille were like level 26 with their second abilities unlocked from the crystal levels and it was enough.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You could pull for yuna now (brave battery is awesome!) or save up for Ramza that should come out around the end of april.

I'm saving my gems for that tbqh.

I actually did wind up pulling with tickets and got it, I'm sitting on my gem hoard until the next batch of good stuff comes out now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Love Machine posted:

I actually did wind up pulling with tickets and got it, I'm sitting on my gem hoard until the next batch of good stuff comes out now.

That's what I did too. I pulled twice on Vanille banner, got Vanille stick twice, then pulled with tickets "just to see" and got Yuna on the 4th? pull.

Didn't get Hope, but w/e don't care about him that much.

The upcoming potential banners are bleh but Ramza sounds great.

Did you guys see that the login period was extended by 10 days? Why is that?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
In my quest to get Zidane, Terra, and Yuna's weapon, I got 2 of Reim and fully limit breaked Hope's weapon.

Is the fully limit weapon a big enough difference to replace my Zidane/Terra/Yuna core with Hope?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/dissidiaffoo/status/963526280044883968

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

It's weird that I want the area where I spend SP to come back.

Finished the Vanille event earlier today with a team in the mid to high 30s. Apparently the upcoming Setzer event has a boss that deals out an AoE defense down + speed down, so Yuna should stay useful through there.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Feb 13, 2018

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

McSpankWich posted:

Does it still add 2-3 garbageware apps to your google account every day? That's really the only thing keeping me from using it at this point.

Not that I've seen which is why I say its not as bad as it used to be.

That bugged the poo poo out of me too.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Wow, Cloud's THIRD weapon is out already....

Cloud
Yda
Sazh

I was expecting next monday

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

That banner is a complete trap.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wow, Cloud's THIRD weapon is out already....

Cloud
Yda
Sazh

I was expecting next monday

This is a 15 CP weapon right?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Nephzinho posted:

This is a 15 CP weapon right?

It is yeah.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
EX Chimera is an absolute monster and easily the hardest boss thus far. I beat him, but am going to need to retool a lot for the no break condition. His Great Fireball attack can hit for over 5k brave and his second AOE attack can hit for ~3k.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Okay, I've added myself to the spreadsheet: 971, 382, 725 for a 32/50 crystal/level Tifa with both equipment limit broken once.

Got a similar Squall and WoL, also slowly working on Vaan, Terra, Y'shtola, Yuna and Cloud.

Say my alpha team was Tifa, WoL and Squall, which character should I sub in to make Vanille's level 4 and 5 quests easier? I should at least try for the second pendant.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEc_pKn6lCs

Yup, that's marketing.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

This is my current team and I'm now very embarrassed about it.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Aerox posted:

This is my current team and I'm now very embarrassed about it.

I'm disgusted and offended, as I clearly must be according to the media I have just consumed.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Holy poo poo that Chimera is a fucker

That fireball is all sorts of hosed up

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Also good to know tickets can get you 5* weapons

Got Vanille's thing. Now just need Yuna's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I think that's the first ad I ever see that is actually talking about the meta of the game.