Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Strowman smashing Elias with a bass is why I watch RAW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

It’s hard to believe there was a time when Braun was bad, because he rules so hard now

in his first few appearances he was very bloated and had really lovely hair, was a terrible ring worker in a loser stable. I never would have guessed he'd be this good now but he owns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They did the same thing in 2016 on the episode before the draft. Ambrose and Rollins had a double pin, the ref counted the pin, but he was groggy from a bump so he couldn't immediately say "It's a draw, Ambrose retains.", the show ended in utter confusion, Steph tried to announce Rollins as the winner as the show went off the air. They aired the conclusion on the WWE network, but unless I'm remembering wrong, nobody on Raw said it was being solved on the WWE Network, it was only mentioned on social media, which would lead most people to assume it'd be sorted out the next week on Raw.

Which is why when I saw them going off the air this time I initially assumed they'd throw to the WWE Network, but then it was to Facebook instead.

This is kind of a beautiful little microcosm of how disjointed WWE's content is right now. Like how on Tuesday night they expect you to go from your cable TV to Facebook to the Network to watch three different shows and then they're somehow surprised when the latter two do poo poo numbers.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

They did the same thing in 2016 on the episode before the draft. Ambrose and Rollins had a double pin, the ref counted the pin, but he was groggy from a bump so he couldn't immediately say "It's a draw, Ambrose retains.", the show ended in utter confusion, Steph tried to announce Rollins as the winner as the show went off the air. They aired the conclusion on the WWE network, but unless I'm remembering wrong, nobody on Raw said it was being solved on the WWE Network, it was only mentioned on social media, which would lead most people to assume it'd be sorted out the next week on Raw.

Also, it absolutely didn't matter because the Battleground title match was going to be a Shield triple threat anyway. Other than Dean coming to the ring last, I guess.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/963467580684947456

All the best to Paige and Michael Elgin

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Poor Rhonda Rousey, no one gives a poo poo about her now. Talk about flash in the pan.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Man, they built up Bray incredibly well during that World title run. He beats Cena in the Chamber, scares the hell out of AJ, beats him, beats both of them again. Then it all turns into a long con to get Jinder Mahal over. WWE

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Also Paige seems like the type who would go for the bass player lol

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phenix Rising posted:

This is my fear as well. If the brand split still exists, then that's good for more talent. It just means some people won't make it to the monthly PPV when they normally would have. If the split goes away completely, it's going to be over-saturation in every division and we'll fall back into the same problem WWE has where they can only write a story for the champion and a challenger, but nobody else in the division.

It's not a fear when it's literally reality.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

Also, it absolutely didn't matter because the Battleground title match was going to be a Shield triple threat anyway. Other than Dean coming to the ring last, I guess.

Eh, I wouldn't say that. They ran the match on Raw, then doing the draw let them run it again on SmackDown, where Dean pinned Seth. Then at Battleground, he pinned Roman. They could say Dean defended his championship three times in a week and retained all three times and pinned both other members of the Shield, but they also didn't have to pin Seth twice in two days.

It was a pretty efficient way to get Dean over quickly as a top babyface, which is exactly what SmackDown needed.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gatts posted:

I feel they’re kind of building Braun right if they do see him as a long term future champ. Testing his chops for comedy spots, showing him as a legit scary threat, the guy is delivering on all fronts and being entertaining but it’s not rushed. He’s just rising to the level necessary. So I hope in latter end of year or next year he’s the #1 guy after this experience.

I was nervous when I saw that he had been in a comedy segment like that, but upon watching all of my nerves were settled. He really loving owned it and didn't come off like a goofball, more just a gigantic loving dude who is now going to gently caress with people before he kills them.

I also love how over Elias and Braun are. Elias is so inexplicably over it's unreal. I loved him in NXT as a perfect little shitheel so it's so nice to see him getting such loud reactions, chant-alongs, etc. at this point.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Poor Rhonda Rousey, no one gives a poo poo about her now. Talk about flash in the pan.

Holly Holm hosed her up bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm excited to see Rhohndha's matches

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Lol AJ will main event zero PPVs as long as Roman has the belt.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

Eh, I wouldn't say that. They ran the match on Raw, then doing the draw let them run it again on SmackDown, where Dean pinned Seth. Then at Battleground, he pinned Roman. They could say Dean defended his championship three times in a week and retained all three times and pinned both other members of the Shield, but they also didn't have to pin Seth twice in two days.

It was a pretty efficient way to get Dean over quickly as a top babyface, which is exactly what SmackDown needed.

Never thought of it that way; good point.

bartok
May 10, 2006

If the brand split ends 205 Live is dead. What's more humiliating than getting bumped off the preshow for Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler?

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

bartok posted:

If the brand split ends 205 Live is dead. What's more humiliating than getting bumped off the preshow for Bobby Roode vs. Dolph Ziggler?

Being Dolph Ziggler

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
watching braun/elias from last night and it fuckin' blows my mind that braun is not the top guy

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they talk abut brass ring and it factor and it's like dude you got the IT MAN right there he's awesome justfucking let braun rule raw

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I wonder how long they'll keep the Universal on Roman? It'd be nice to see Braun win it off Roman at SummerSlam.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dacap posted:

I wonder how long they'll keep the Universal on Roman? It'd be nice to see Braun win it off Roman at SummerSlam.

Longer than Lesnar.*

*Unless he fucks up and pisses hot again. Which he will.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dacap posted:

435 days

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

AJ main evented multiple PPVs last time Roman had the belt

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
I want to see Ronda/Asuka at Mania where Asuka just kicks her in the head in 20 seconds for the win

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
:golfclap:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

OctoberCountry posted:

AJ main evented multiple PPVs last time Roman had the belt

You're right, they could have AJ make him look strong again.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

*flips power wheels car* BBBRRRRRAAAAUUUUUUUUUNNNNN

he's big and tough and he rules :)

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's not a fear when it's literally reality.

Spiders are real and I'm still afraid of them

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Incessant Excess posted:

Nakamura will be champ by then and yeah no way he main events PPVs.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czDsfALyTmI&t=11s

click here for Simon Gotch dragging Enzo through the loving dirt for being an idiot

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Cavauro posted:

I'm excited to see Rhohndha's matches
Rhohndha should marry into the Rotunda family.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Phenix Rising posted:

I also love how over Elias and Braun are. Elias is so inexplicably over it's unreal. I loved him in NXT as a perfect little shitheel so it's so nice to see him getting such loud reactions, chant-alongs, etc. at this point.
It all became clear when he got kicked out of NXT after getting go away heat from the smarks, only for the mysterious masked El Vagabundo to arrive during the preshow tape of one Takeover or another and receive massive face heat.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Basic Chunnel posted:

It all became clear when he got kicked out of NXT after getting go away heat from the smarks, only for the mysterious masked El Vagabundo to arrive during the preshow tape of one Takeover or another and receive massive face heat.

Elias looked real good in a mask. WWE really needs some beefy luchadors

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

You're right, they could have AJ make him look strong again.

I know, those matches were fantastic

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Sigh. I miss Talking Smack after Smackdown so much 😞

:negative:

Daniel Bryan just saying and doing whatever the gently caress he felt like while Renee just howled with laughter was the absolute best. Plus all the wrestlers they brought in to just improv all over the place while gleefully encouraged by Bryan to showcase their personality. It was so good.

Like Fat Mac on It's Always Sunny, it was too good for this lovely world :sigh:

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

WWe won't allow us to have nice things.

only big dogs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Remember when Renee was on Raw Talk, and on the next Talking Smack Bryan just refused to let it go and got to the point where he was insisting that the next time Vince called her up she tell him to get screwed?

He was just having so much fun :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Remember when Renee was on Raw Talk, and on the next Talking Smack Bryan just refused to let it go and got to the point where he was insisting that the next time Vince called her up she tell him to get screwed?

He was just having so much fun :)

"Renee, don't be on shows that are bad."

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

if you thought the brand split was bad imagine when there's no brand split

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

The Croc posted:

WWe won't allow us to have nice things.

only big dogs