Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I was watching “caught in Providence” in YouTube and there was an ad about how Germany did the holocaust and it was from something about Poland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Poland is very touchy about the holocaust, they just passed (or it may be about to pass) legislation that makes it a crime to insinuate there was collaboration with the nazis iirc. Also see the national uproar anytime anyone says ‘polish death camps’ referring to auschwitz etc.

I guess now they are taking a more proactive approach about reminding people it was all germanys fault lol

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 13, 2018

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Poland massacred a bunch of jewish people right after the war ended. So there's that.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
I saw something along those lines too, but ignored it as I was too busy unzipping my pants for the Logan Paul video I wanted to watch.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

Poland massacred a bunch of jewish people right after the war ended. So there's that.

Sir, this is the Polish McDonald's drive-thru. You have been reported to the police for subversive activities and spreading illegal facts.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

It was a different time :shrug:

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I’ve traveled all over Europe, and Krakow had the most beautiful women.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Pawn 17 posted:

Did you get a chance to smell their hair?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
So how many polacks does it take, to commit a holocaust?

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

Colonel Cancer posted:

So how many polacks does it take, to commit a holocaust?

I dunno depends how many it takes to change a shower head?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

morally adept posted:

Did you get a chance to smell their hair?

No, Polish women also have the best hearing.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
almost a century later theyre still this upset about all that nazi boot they licked

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I saw this as well in the middle of a red letter media viewing. It was very tonally jarring. There seems to be a bunch of "prepared cut and paste" Reddit/etc responses too so it seems organized in some manner. Well bye

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

morally adept posted:

I dunno depends how many it takes to change a shower head?

None at all, they were nowhere near and you can't prove otherwise.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Colonel Cancer posted:

None at all, they were nowhere near and you can't prove otherwise.

olol

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the ads arent for you they're for rich investors

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

like if you ever see a lockheed-martin ad or something

they spend all the money on blanket youtube ads to target 2 or 3 lawmakers specifically

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Why didn't I invest in Polish ads against germany

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Why doesn't Polar really advertise their line of delicious seltzers and sodas? It's a travesty, I agree, OP.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

here.

Pakistani politics posted:

Why doesn't Polar really advertise their line of delicious seltzers and sodas? It's a travesty, I agree, OP.

Poland, come for the carbonated beverages, stay for the revisionist history.

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
What happened to that ad from the guy trying to tell me how to earn a lambo, that was nice & aspirational.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Pawn 17 posted:

all polish women are crazy

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
germany gets mad respect for how sober and unflinching they are in teaching their own history in school. they don’t mess around, they make it real clear that “here’s how monstrous evil developed among ordinary people. it’s our cultural burden to bear and it’s it’s your job to make sure it never happens again” which is some heavy poo poo to lay on a 12 year old but it seems to work.

versus basically every other country in the world that likes to pretend everyone was a giant shining hero who never did any wrong and anyone who suggests otherwise is the enemy (US & Japan especially, and apparently Poland)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

am0kgonzo posted:

My polish coworker would agree with you. I was just kinna amazed that there was such a high concentration of hotness when I was there. It was weird.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

am0kgonzo posted:

how dare you say that you rear end in a top hat i love you no don't go ill kill myself and it'll be your fault

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIpptwgoCAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrkQ20SjHoU

For those that haven't seen it, these are the ads being spoken of, there are a few of them and they're certainly headscratchers

free hubcaps posted:

Poland is very touchy about the holocaust, they just passed (or it may be about to pass) legislation that makes it a crime to insinuate there was collaboration with the nazis iirc. Also see the national uproar anytime anyone says ‘polish death camps’ referring to auschwitz etc.

I guess now they are taking a more proactive approach about reminding people it was all germanys fault lol

This clears it up a lot though

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 13, 2018

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

the poles were dirty nazi collaborators who gleefully joined forces with the nazis to slaughter jewish women and children, and it is now HIGHLY illegal in Poland to say what I just said

a very ineffective propaganda campaign imho cuz now "poles and nazis" are in our heads forever :)

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
What an odd thing to feel the need to do now.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat

the black husserl posted:

the poles were dirty nazi collaborators who gleefully joined forces with the nazis to slaughter jewish women and children, and it is now HIGHLY illegal in Poland to say what I just said

a very ineffective propaganda campaign imho cuz now "poles and nazis" are in our heads forever :)

More Polish people than those of any other nationalities rescued Jews from the Holocaust, and more than 2.5 million ethnic Polish people who were not Jewish were murdered by the Germans.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
Kommen Sie nach Polen – Ihr Auto ist schon da.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Pawn 17 posted:

My polish coworker would agree with you. I was just kinna amazed that there was such a high concentration of hotness when I was there. It was weird.

Yeah apparently the Polish are really good at concentrating all kinds of people together, they just don't want you to know about it

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

Suntoucher posted:

Yeah apparently the Polish are really good at concentrating all kinds of people together, they just don't want you to know about it

:monocle:

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Bad Titty Puker posted:

More Polish people than those of any other nationalities rescued Jews from the Holocaust, and more than 2.5 million ethnic Polish people who were not Jewish were murdered by the Germans.

i know, the einsatzgruppen were specifically ordered to target and murder "every polish leader", the poles were absolutely some of the worst victims of nazi brutality :(

now the goddamned BELORUSSIANS, those are some true blue fascists i tell you what

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

cannot pake posted:

I was watching “caught in Providence” in YouTube and there was an ad about how Germany did the holocaust and it was from something about Poland.

i loving love caught in providence.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

otoh, the Poles are such monstrous jew haters that they were actually murdering jews AFTER WW2 ended lmao lmao

they didn't think the nazis killed enough i guess

quote:

In 1939 there were approximately 24,000 Jewish inhabitants in Kielce or one-third of the town's population. Almost all of them were murdered during the Holocaust. By the summer of 1946, about 200 Holocaust survivors had returned to or settled in Kielce. A minority were able to reclaim some property which had been confiscated by non-Jews during the German occupation.

During the Kielce incident, a mob of Polish soldiers, police officers, and civilians murdered at least 42 Jews and injured over 40 in the worst outburst of anti-Jewish violence in postwar Poland.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

the black husserl posted:

otoh, the Poles are such monstrous jew haters that they were actually murdering jews AFTER WW2 ended lmao lmao

they didn't think the nazis killed enough i guess

they didn't hear the whistle. throw a red card and call it a day

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
why didn't you invest in Eastern Poland?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I'm so sick of people jumping to conclusions about the nazis.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

What an odd thing to feel the need to do now.

Yeah what's the story with this? Is it just a response to the general political climate out there or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I actually wasn't aware that Germany was involved in The Holocaust until I saw one of these ads so personally I'm glad Poland is doing their part of shifting the blame to a much easier target informing the people

• Locked thread