Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

For me, it's this: https://www.reddit.com/r/tifu/comments/3efulw/comment/cteoxek

Basically this kid doesn't know what cuck means but knows the cool kids are using it, so he keeps talking about how he cucked his mom when he actually meant "flashed" or something. I'm loling thinking about it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
“Stop!' I cried imploringly to my god-like mind.”

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXY’S MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

The SpoonfulOfBromide webcomic saga will never not make me chuckle.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
I think the real issue here is that a lot of people don't really understand what Something Awful really is. I have devised a theory that I think will answer a lot of questions. You see, SA is remarkably similar to Middle-Earth. Yes, that's right; Middle-Earth, the setting for the Lord of the Rings. Middle-Earth is just like SA, and when I explain it to you, you'll slap your forehead and go "Of course!"

First of all, Lowtax is almost exactly like Illuvitar. In the beginning, there was nothing. Then Lowtax/Illuvitar came forth from the dark voids of the Internet/chaos and forged their creation from the aether. They each have their own dominion, and they hover it like the creator-gods that they are. Both are legendary, and although they have an omnipresent persona, few people have directly interacted with them.

Now, in the world of Middle-Earth, Illuvitar is aided by an order of powerful holy spirits called the Valar. They are his first creations, and they help him maintain Middle-Earth. Here at SA, we have the admins to fill that role. They are second in the heirarchy, and together with Lowtax they keep SA working. Updates, changes, all are in their jurisdiction. Right below the Valar are the Maiar, which are less powerful, and act as intermediaries between the heavenly beings and the denizens of Middle-Earth. The mods of SA fill this role. They interact with the posters all the time, to a greater extent than the admins and Lowtax. The mods have lesser power, just as the Maiar have lesser power, but they have their own sort of authority that can be truly wrathful to behold!
Both Middle-Earth and Something Awful are populated with an array of beings. It is astounding to see just how closely they coincide with one another. At SA, posters can be ranked accordingly: Elves, Men, Dwarves, Hobbits, and Orcs. Elves are the oldest and wisest of all posters. These are the posters who have reg dates that go back to 2000 or early 2001, and perhaps 2002 as well. These posters are incredibly popular, and generally well-liked. Although they have no official authority, the Elves carry a lot of weight, and people listen to them, even the higher-ups. People marvel at them, because they are so beautiful and wonderful. Even if they somehow get banned (an incredibly rare occurance), the Elves seem to come back, good as new. Even their avatars are unaffected.

Below the Elves are the Men and Dwarves, who are of equal rank, but differ in their habits and mannerisms. Men are posters who have been around a good while, and know the ropes of SA pretty well. They fit in, they don't call attention to themselves too often. As far as anyone is concerned, they are normal people. Dwarves are crankier, grouchier, and may or may not be older than Men. They sometimes get in scuffles with Elves, and are a bit more inclined to flame others.
Newbies also come into two distinct types. But unlike the above example, the two types discussed here are drastically different. The first type are the Hobbits. Hobbits are newbies who are innocent and kind. They don't want any trouble from anyone, and are curious little things. They genuinely want to be a part of SA, but for the most part they are horrendously naive and clueless. Bless 'em. Now, the second type of newbie are the Orcs. Orcs are horrible creatures. These n00bs poo poo up every thread they appear in, and they vastly outnumber just about every other demographic. Lowtax and the others try to curb their numbers by banning, and the other posters flame and bash them at every opportunity, but the Orcs are relentless. More are created everyday, and they multiply like rabbits. Orcs usually wage large-scale assault on threads by using trolls and trolling tactics. Unlike Hobbits, not all Orcs are necessarily "new". In fact, some of them may have old reg dates. The vast majority of Orcs reside in Mordor, which is FYAD.

Finally, you have the Nazgul. There really isn't much to say about the Nazgul, except that these are the notorious posters who everyone has heard of, and HATES. They are few in number, and everyone knows who they are. They are old beings, and far more horrible than the Orcs. They poo poo up every thread they appear in, but for reasons unknown they have avoided being banned. Everytime a Nazgul appears, everyone covers their ears and screams because they don't want to here what the Nazgul has to say, because undoubtedly it will bring only madness.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
"No cuts to medicare and medicaid under my administration"

"You'll win so much that you'll get tired of winning"

lmfao

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
The super retards elicit a chuckle from me. My forehead on my Costco card looks like Munster (think that was his name)

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
47lbs of jerky

fatty fiery no salt

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron hotdog altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the lego den to the computer room to let people know that your self appointed ambassadorial duties plus the time and money you spent trying to take more professional photographs of ersatz retard hotdogs were all part of your incredible joke. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I always liked, in a thread discussing Meagan Trainor, someone randomly posted
"I want smell lady's hair"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

FlimFlam Imam posted:

youll never sustain a sicker burn than the insane + brutal carpet-borne friction from backpedalling after the worm turned on your fucker moron hotdog altriusm. your legs flailed in ever gayer circles fred flintstone style as you raced from the lego den to the computer room to let people know that your self appointed ambassadorial duties plus the time and money you spent trying to take more professional photographs of ersatz retard hotdogs were all part of your incredible joke. you cannot save face or be even remotely not gay.

Ersatz retard hotdogs

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

basic hitler posted:

Ersatz retard hotdogs

This one is really great.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Mr Swoon's Monster Rancher LP kills me every time.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Came to post this gif.

Laughed at it again when I saw it already here

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Hahah this is great, what’s it from?

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

Ruggan posted:

Hahah this is great, what’s it from?

it's from here.
http://doobies-doghouse.wikia.com/wiki/What_Goons_Said

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
The 40 Worst Rob Liefeld Drawings thing still gets me.
https://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Pic of the Down’s syndrome tiger. Also dog drinking Pepsi thru a straw.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
pretty much anything GWB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p9y_OEAdc

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Every year it gets me.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones

https://youtu.be/LKTH6f1JfX8

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Applesnots posted:

Every year it gets me.

This gave me a hearty lol. Thank you for sharing.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Woah he's 43 in two weeks. We gotta see if he makes a new thread.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
im gay

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
srsly i chuckle every time i see it pop up in a thread

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkAqK4YW474

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

quote:

I don't usually use forums or Reddit, I usually just post comments on Ancap blogs like Molyneux or Cantwell's blog, but they didn't seem appropriate places to post my story. So here goes, I just wanted to share this with all of you.

Nov 3 I flew to Europe for a Eurotrip type tour. Not a guide or packaged deal, just going around by myself. I paid for half of the trip with the wages I earned over the last two years, my dad paid for the other half. I am 19, I guess that is normal starting college and all. (Before that I worked for my dad's company part time, so I guess you could say he paid for all of it, lol).

I did France and then Italy and then Greece next. I am an Ancap so I wanted to see anarchists in these places. Yes, I know they are different kinds of "anarchists" and not really full anarchists like us. I went to an anarchist book store in Italy and it had a lot of English books, but no Rothbard or Ancap. Like I said, I expected that, not a surprise.

I went to Greece, which everyone knows is famous for its revolutionary anarchism, its economic crisis and everything going on right now. Here I found directions for a local anarchist center. I went and didn't see anybody, but it was covered in graffiti, mostly in Greek so I couldn't read it. Whatever, I started taking pictures. Then some people came out and confronted me.

This should have been my first warning sign something was not right, because photography is not a crime. They were not violent, but they were not friendly, like asking who I was, what I wanted. They all spoke good English actually. Not uncommon in Greece. I said I was a tourist and an anarchist and I just wanted to take pictures. Then they got friendly and told me I should have asked first (but pictures are no NAP violation so I don't know why, but I didn't say anything) and they invited me inside.

We hung out for a while and smoked hash (there is no good dank in Europe as you might find out like in Cali, everyone smokes hash with tobacco which isn't as cool as it sounds). We started talking about politics and anarchism. I was trying to talk about the state, they were like yeah no doubt the state was bad. But they wanted to talk about capitalism, capitalism this and that. This is when we started to get into a debate.

I told them that what they called capitalism is different from the free market. They said capitalism is free markets. And I said I agreed. That is what I am saying. Real capitalism is free markets. And they said yes, that is what we are trying to get rid of. And I said no, but we don't even have that right now. We need more free markets. And everyone at the same time was like "nooo" we are anarchists, we are against capitalism. Anarchists oppose capitalism.

And I said but not anarcho-capitalists. Anarcho-capitalists are the anarchists who support capitalism. I had a fanny pack (yeah, lame I know) for my camera and in that I had this yellow and black bowtie (also super lame, it was a joke but I wasnt wearing it). And I said look, these are the Ancap colors, yellow and black, like versus the communist red and black. Well, these guys had a lot of red and black in the building already so I thought they would get it.

I think that is when it started to get a really bad vibe, really tense in the air. The free market thing was funny, we disagreed but I think they thought I was just confused. Everyone was uncomfortable now. Then someone said markets wont work with democracy. And I said exactly, that's it, democracy is against anarchism. And they kind of agreed, and said yes, we don't have real democracy, just governments, and we needed more democracy. I said no, we need less democracy, democracy is the enemy. And we need to end democracy to have anarchy. Then they were all like "noooo" again. You know that thing people do in groups when everyone all says "nooo" or expresses some disapproval at the same time.

And one of them said "but we do want to stop democracy" and then they kind of spoke back and forth in Greek. I didn't really understand it. And they asked me what I meant.

So I said okay, I had the floor, I was going to tell them about ancapism. And I tried to explain to them some Rothbard and Hoppe. I said the natural order in anarchy is that the best rise to the top, the market picks who is the best. They compete and are peaceful. They said what do we want instead of anarchy. I said we want private owners to own their own land and businesses, and to employ people. They said that is what we have now. I said no, it would be even better. One of the guys said it was like feudalism. And I said it is not feudalism.

Eventually one of the guys spoke up and I thought he was Greek, but he spoke English perfectly so he may have not been. He said he knew what anarcho-capitalism was and that we were basically fascists. He asked me if I thought everything should be private. And I said yes. And he asked me if I thought people were unequal. And I told him yes. And that not everyone would have equal rights. I said everyone has the right to own property and not be done aggression against. But that not everyone had to be treated equally by the owners. He said what about immigrants and racism. And I said that would not happen in a free market, but yes property owners could be racist if they wanted to. They had to respect property.

Then he called me a fascist again, and someone else said I was a fascist. And then they basically all started shouting fascist at me, and one of them grabbed me by the wrists. They pulled me out the door, it was up three floors, and basically drug me down the stairs on my back. It hurt really bad and I remember yelling "you're breaking the NAP" and things like that. "Stop initiating force against me." Then they kicked me around on the ground in the hallway, before they took my camera and threw me outside. I was crying and stuff, I just sat there. I was in shock because it was so sudden. Looking back there were warning signs though.

I think they felt bad for me and gave the camera back, but when I looked later they stole the memory card with all of my Greek photos.

So they initiated force and theft. They broke the NAP. I knew the left anarchists were not real anarchists, but I never knew they would do something that bad.

I wasnt seriously hurt, just kicked around a little, lots of bruises and little cuts. I am fine guys so don't worry. Just needed to share.

Anyone got a link for the Infernal Vs Heebie-GBS hellbattle? I wanted the human being quote, but all I can find is someone ripping it off:

quote:

in world war I primitive tanks carried bundles of sticks on the front of their hulls which they dropped into trenches so they could cross them and the term for these objects is "fascines" but they could also be termed "enormous faggots" and basically if a wwI tank ever goes to mars and needs to cross the Valles Marineris it should strap Heebi-GBS to the front of its hull

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pound_Coin posted:

Anyone got a link for the Infernal Vs Heebie-GBS hellbattle? I wanted the human being quote, but all I can find is someone ripping it off:

i got u

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3212733

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

That thread is art.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.somethingawful.com/icq-pranks/icq-transcript-kanasta/1/

This still makes me laugh a lot.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Pound_Coin posted:

That thread is art.

the tiny John McCain thread is classic too

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3061381

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

gave me a slight chuckle.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That ANCAP NAP Greek fascist thing is wonderful. He got off light. They should have just tossed him out the 3rd story window.

Well, I don't really mean that but that guy is really stupid. He is probably a bitcoiner.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

https://youtu.be/zExDivIW4FM

Forgot about this classic

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAN NOT PUKE
Nov 26, 2017