Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I hope that Hiromu sunset bombs Flip Gordon right though the earth and out the other side.

Also weird that the first Golden Lovers match since the reunion is on a bullshit ROH card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

This is obviously leading to Beer City Bruiser entering the G1 and running the loving table

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I hope that Hiromu sunset bombs Flip Gordon right though the earth and out the other side.

Also weird that the first Golden Lovers match since the reunion is on a bullshit ROH card.

On a bullshit ROH card and also their very first one back together is also with Chase Owens, of all people.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

weirder that their first match together has CHASE OWENS as a loving gooseberry.

Also Chuckie T having to team with Switchblade after making him a figure of ridicule with the knife pervert stuff is cosmic justice.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

NEVER Openweight Championship
Hirooki Goto (c.) vs. Beer City Bruiser

This is the greatest night in the history of our sport

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

these cards fkn own

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Baron Corbyn posted:

roh is loving incredible

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i just keep reading the line HIROOKI GOTO VS BEER CITY BRUISER and giggling uncontrollably wrestling rules

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
There are people complaining about these incredible cards? What the heck.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

Draxion posted:

On a bullshit ROH card and also their very first one back together is also with Chase Owens, of all people.

If the alignment were different it should have been Chucky T but he's in CHAOS. Would have much preferred Golden Lovers of Low Moral Fiber instead of Chase being thrown in

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I kinda hope Chase somehow has Van Hammer-like magic powers over Gedo and keeps getting himself booked into big spots.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i went to look up how much it was gonna cost me to watch that event live, then i find out that it's their co-njpw event and i get it on njpw world

njpw world best deal

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

John Dudebro posted:

i just keep reading the line HIROOKI GOTO VS BEER CITY BRUISER and giggling uncontrollably wrestling rules

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Those cards are both amazing and funny at the same time but god drat that night 2 Golden Lovers Tag should have a molten hot crowd at Korakuen Hall.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Baron Corbyn posted:

Honor Rising Cards

Day 1 (February 23rd)

Toa Henare & Katsuya Kitamura vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Bad Luck Fale

Jushin Liger, Cheeseburger & Delirious vs. Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & HIKULEO

David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. The Young Bucks

KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi vs. Flip Gordon

Ryusuke Taguchi, Jay Lethal & Dalton Castle vs. Jay White, Beretta & Chuckle T

Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi & Chase Owens vs. Cody, Hangman Page & Marty Scurll

Day 2 February 24th

Toa Henare vs. Beer City Bruiser

Jay Lethal, David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens & HIKULEO

Ryusuke Taguchi & Flip Gordon vs. Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI

NEVER Openweight 6 Man Championship
Jushin Liger, Cheeseburger & Delirious vs. Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa (c.)

Jay White, YOSHI-HASHI & Chuckie T vs. Hangman Page, Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson

ROH World Championship
Dalton Castle (c.) vs. Beretta

Golden✩Lovers vs. Cody & Marty Scurll

This is some real cool poo poo and that night 2 main event is going to be a hell of a thing.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know it's Multiman stuff but that night 1 Tag has the Bucks doing Heavyweight stuff so I wonder if they have Gedo on board for going full time Heavy in New Japan

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I know it's Multiman stuff but that night 1 Tag has the Bucks doing Heavyweight stuff so I wonder if they have Gedo on board for going full time Heavy in New Japan

they wrestled War Machine at this event last year, but coupled with them taking on Okada and Ishii on the Australian tour and their agitating to move up, I think it's on the cards.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i was rewatching kenny omega vs jay white for the belt, because it was awesome, and the crowd reactions as the entire bucks thing happened was so good

when the bucks leave whole crowd like "NOOOO"

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/963321868781461506

This is awesome.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

There's twenty more minutes on World, too.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I'm down for a Henare and Kitamura tag team. Kitamura can shout and flex while no-selling poo poo and then Henare runs at a motherfucker really fast.

Edit: Also I just realized we're going to get Kitamura doing a suplex or something to Bad Luck Fale :getin:

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Feb 13, 2018

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I swore off NJPW forever after Okada went over at WK but I resubbed to see that golden lovers vid

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Scurll, Liger, and Cheeseburger are also doing HW stuff so I think it is more of an ROH has no weight classes thing than a Bucks are for sure moving up thing.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

The most recent Being The Elite has a segment with Cody encouraging The Bucks to move up to heavyweight. I genuinely hope the Beer City Bruiser becomes the next NEVER Openweight Champion. Here's me reading too much into these cards: With Chase Owens teaming with the Golden Lovers, and the Young Bucks teaming with Hangman Page, it leads me to think the Bullet Club will split with Kenny, Ibushi, Yujiro & the Tongans in one group, and Cody, The Bucks, Page, and Marty in the other.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/njpwworld/status/963321873428697089

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
There is nothing left for the Bucks in the Junior division. Time to pack on some lbs and move up to where the big boys play.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Nice little piece of business here and a cool change of pace and tone. Very much recommend checking this out.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
The Bullet Club islanders have their own show now and it's pretty good. Looks like Tama runs/edits it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GS98Pj337s

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVheid168N0

Switchblade is a bad little boy doing bad little things.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Bigass Moth posted:

The Bullet Club islanders have their own show now and it's pretty good. Looks like Tama runs/edits it.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if there will be 3 factions in the future: The OG BC with the Tongans/Fale/Yujiro, The Elite with Kenny/Ibushi/Bucks (??), and Cody/Page/Scurll as.. Villain Club? RoH club?. Kenny & Cody obviously are going at each other but Tama seems fed up with both of them.

I'm also surprised that Scurll is teaming with Cody if for no other reason than on BTE he still seems torn between the two.

edit:
https://twitter.com/MartyScurll/status/963301783958360065
:0

Tweak fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 13, 2018

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't wait for the Bullet Club red & black

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Endless Mike posted:

Can't wait for the Bullet Club red & black

And neither can ProWrestlingTees.com.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bigass Moth posted:

please respect my shitposting

coconono posted:

here's what the Tongans were up to in the lead up to the BC Civil War

They got sweet jackets and drank a bunch.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
It's all love brother.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Tweak posted:

Stuff like this makes me wonder if there will be 3 factions in the future: The OG BC with the Tongans/Fale/Yujiro, The Elite with Kenny/Ibushi/Bucks (??), and Cody/Page/Scurll as.. Villain Club? RoH club?. Kenny & Cody obviously are going at each other but Tama seems fed up with both of them.

I'm also surprised that Scurll is teaming with Cody if for no other reason than on BTE he still seems torn between the two.

edit:

Also for the Aussie shows they advertise Kenny and GoD as the Bullet Club and Cody and the Bucks as the Elite.

All red herrings I think.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tweak posted:

edit:

Marty's probably just hoping that if he goes along with Cody long enough he can convince him to drop everything and hug it out :(

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm sure behind the scenes they have a roadmap done, and that Gedo probably knows at least what he wants to see in G1 and the next Wrestle Kingdom, if only so that ROH can handle their kayfabe properly and so that All In can head the right direction too. But in all likelihood they're all reacting to the booking instead of deciding it. NJPW is much different to WWE in that what's said around the edges isn't as vital (and of course isn't shown on TV nearly as often) but it also doesn't matter so much as long as it gets to the match. That's the latitude the BC and Elite guys have had to essentially create this kayfabe show -- the story details aren't as precious as they would be for ROH or WWE because it's presented much more as sports than in the U.S.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was fairly amused that for the Young Bucks' first future vision, they somehow were allowed to spoil the literal main event of Supercard of Honor on their Youtube show, but for SSE, all they got to show was a road sign. I'm not surprised NJPW is a little bit tighter with those details than RoH. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

That would probably be because the Bucks are much bigger stars to ROH than they are to New Japan.

That said that Golden Comeback doc literally has a question that references BTE, and there's still a month and a half until SSE, so they might actually announce something through Nick's FANTASTICAL VISIONS OF THE FUTURE.