Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now
Any way to disable the sound when you open the inventory?
It's like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

gasman posted:

Any way to disable the sound when you open the inventory?
It's like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

That's what inventories sounded like in 1403 Bohemia

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I fell down a ladder in the castle and wanna sleep to heal my broken as gently caress legs but a "don't delay!" message comes up and stops me. How else can I heal?

gasman
Mar 21, 2013

hey now

Phi230 posted:

That's what inventories sounded like in 1403 Bohemia

Cite your sources, cuman.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuf posted:

I fell down a ladder in the castle and wanna sleep to heal my broken as gently caress legs but a "don't delay!" message comes up and stops me. How else can I heal?

Eat apples

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha

Phi230 posted:

Eat apples

Aha, just like in authentic 1403 Bohemia, I should have known

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

fuf posted:

This authentic banter is killing me... This might be the most entertaining thread i've read in a while.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

fuf posted:

reload, you're still in the introduction and they're not gonna let you sleep until you after you reach your old town and the shenanigans there happen

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fuf posted:

Cunning Folk of the rural areas, pellars and folk healers, were known to rub herbal apple mash on a variety of wounds, especially broken bones. These holistic remedies were passed down orally and generally predated Christianity and had pagan roots

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Watching a guy swing his sword at an invincible NPC to grind a bunch of levels at the start of the game.

It really is like Oblivion.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
im just here for the memes

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Watching a guy swing his sword at an invincible NPC to grind a bunch of levels at the start of the game.

It really is like Oblivion.

oh is that the second guy that trains you and takes you to archery afterwards?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

frajaq posted:

oh is that the second guy that trains you and takes you to archery afterwards?

He tried to murder the dipshit corpse robber but he wouldn't die. He just stood in place getting hit over and over.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Mmmm death pretzels...

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Lockpicking is so annoying on KB+M. Any tips?

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

So how authentic are the night vision potions? Any historians in this thread?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
I once navigated a forest after 10 beers but then the moon was up.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
And I almost suicided by walking into a swamp but my partner saved me.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Having to chase infinitely sprinting peasants after they claim you did something that you totally didn't is great.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Jusupov posted:

Having to chase infinitely sprinting peasants after they claim you did something that you totally didn't is great.

Can’t wait to get home and play more of this lmao. So glad they finally made an Oblivion sequel after all these years

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Is the game's daily NPC life thing true after all? Do peasants have a schedule like they promised because I loved that system in Oblivion, seeing regulars at pubs and familiar faces at work. Really helped make the world feel alive to me.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah my controls are messed. On PC using Xbox controller X button sheaths my sword. Anyone know hot to fix?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Play as God intended, with mouse and keyboard.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It might be that Steam's Big Picture settings/controller settings are hosed. I've had it bug out in multiple games, so just disable that poo poo and use the native Windows support.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
LIRIK was apparently a kickstarter backer and had a blast all day playing this to the top audience on Twitch. So I expect it to keep #1 spot on Steam for a while if other streamers throw as much praise at it.

Even with all the controversy it's good to see this game do well and hopefully generate more buzz around doing more historical settings like this in the future.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 14, 2018

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do you disable it?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

mem posted:

A treasure map for some armor I believe, but I haven't come across it yet or don't know how to activate it. It's a dlc called "treasures of the past."

This activated for me randomly at some point when I started the game. After I got the message they were in the mill storage locker

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Turning off big pictures Xbox Controller Support worked thanks for the help!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My most hated term ever in new games journalism that it brung was ludonarative dissonance. That's when Niko Bellic in GTAIV pisses and moans about how he'll never kill again. Then in the game you run over seven grannies with your taxi.
While I, again hate the term, this game has a fantastic example. You get back to the old village to see to your parents off. There's an old mate and he's trying to loot the local butchers corpse. As the God fearing yokel you are you tell him he's a poo poo.
Meanwhile there isn't a single player who hasn't an assload of dried nuts, pears and apples they took from the road allong the way. There is no way anyone didn't take some poo poo from those corpses.

Ludonarative dissonance!

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Lodin posted:

Play as God intended, with mouse and keyboard.

Normally I would agree, but lockpicking is entirely nonfunctional on keyboard. You have to control the speed you turn with the pick and also feel if you are damaging the pick with the migrations, neither of which work on a keyboard.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Lodin posted:

My most hated term ever in new games journalism that it brung was ludonarative dissonance. That's when Niko Bellic in GTAIV pisses and moans about how he'll never kill again. Then in the game you run over seven grannies with your taxi.
While I, again hate the term, this game has a fantastic example. You get back to the old village to see to your parents off. There's an old mate and he's trying to loot the local butchers corpse. As the God fearing yokel you are you tell him he's a poo poo.
Meanwhile there isn't a single player who hasn't an assload of dried nuts, pears and apples they took from the road allong the way. There is no way anyone didn't take some poo poo from those corpses.

Ludonarative dissonance!

I didn't loot any corpses in the prologue after seeing the church with all the burned corpses. After that though I've started killing random people I see on the roads and taking all their poo poo

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

The stolen tag is all messed up as well, which makes things more complicated as well. It seems like which corpses are considered legit loot and stolen loot. The most hilarious example I've seen so far is hunting rabbit and having all their meat being tagged as stolen.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DreamShipWrecked posted:

The stolen tag is all messed up as well, which makes things more complicated as well. It seems like which corpses are considered legit loot and stolen loot. The most hilarious example I've seen so far is hunting rabbit and having all their meat being tagged as stolen.

Hunting is illegal in the game

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Jusupov posted:

does the game have any warning about which lord's hunting ground you are in?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Randomzx posted:

does the game have any warning about which lord's hunting ground you are in?

Not that I've seen but I'm not that far in the game yet.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

so apparently i backed this when it was on kickstarter, getting the impression it's worth a shot once it gets some bugfixes?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

This might just be me but when I have the ability to save scum I feel like I have the obligation to do it. Playing normally feels like a self imposed challenge.

Same. Drinking to save kinda sucks but savescumming also sucks and if I can, I will. Too much of Skyrim is saving every literal 30 seconds. Playing not that way just feels like you're being punished.

But there's probably a better game design solution here, its just not a simple one. Maybe some kind of Dark Souls style system where you lose something when you die and have to try to get it back?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jusupov posted:

I was wondering why I went over the weight limit after grabbing what I thought was a single thing... That's a lot of meat from one animal

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Jusupov posted:

Not when you are doing it with the Lord of the land it's not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game is kind of cute and feel good. I like it so far.