Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

OctoberCountry posted:

AJ main evented multiple PPVs last time Roman had the belt

One last post, if you think AJ Styles would've been a multiple time world champ and the focus of a show without the brand split you are insane. Even with the Shane McMahon bullshit I'd rather be in this world than one where AJ is relegated to whatever the hell Finn Balor is doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

It really was too beautiful for this world.

Also, "it's a small package. 1, 2, kickout!!"

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
AJ vs Roman would be a great Mania main event. I think a smark favorite going against Roman in front of a Mania crowd would have nuclear heat. And as we saw in the past they have amazing chemistry

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Some day:
https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/963483947857600512

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/963484137691713536

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/963484624499478528

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/963485554078900224

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Tato posted:

So Braun Strowman is very big. He's tall. He's a hoss. He destroys people and the fans cheer. They are already chanting his new catchphrase and love him. He also has a weird charisma and is able to deliver silly promos and poo poo in a way that gets him cheered. In all aspects he is Vince's wet dream of a champion.

Why the gently caress are we getting the umpteenth failed coronation of Roman Reigns instead of going all in on Braun?

Personally I assume Braun's time in the sun will come fairly soon, just that we have to go through Reigns beating Brock first

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Incessant Excess posted:

Lol AJ will main event zero PPVs as long as Roman has the belt.

Which is why the "brand split gives people more opportunities" argument isn't that strong in my opinion: it's an illusion, nothing more.

I'm more interested in how long Roman will have the Universal title for. Last time he was world champion, their ratings went down and their live gates plummeted, if I'm not mistaken.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

fart blood posted:

Which is why the "brand split gives people more opportunities" argument isn't that strong in my opinion: it's an illusion, nothing more.

I'm more interested in how long Roman will have the Universal title for. Last time he was world champion, their ratings went down and their live gates plummeted, if I'm not mistaken.

But AJ Styles gets to main event shows no one goes to, watches, or cares about within the company!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fart blood posted:

and then he established himself as nothing but a one time feud for roman by feuding with Cena and Ambrose, which was the main event of Smackdown

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Smackdown gets okay ratings post-brand split, so despite you guys not watching them, other people are. The show's pre-brand split ratings were pretty weak at times.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
These anti-brand split sentiments are probably the most disingenuous arguments I've ever seen on PSP and that's saying a lot.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

These anti-brand split sentiments are probably the most disingenuous arguments I've ever seen on PSP and that's saying a lot.

I've never been a fan of it, even back in 2002 when it first started. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
AJ Styles is a JTTS

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

:negative:

Daniel Bryan just saying and doing whatever the gently caress he felt like while Renee just howled with laughter was the absolute best. Plus all the wrestlers they brought in to just improv all over the place while gleefully encouraged by Bryan to showcase their personality. It was so good.

Like Fat Mac on It's Always Sunny, it was too good for this lovely world :sigh:

Talking Smack was such a great showcase of how entertaining the wrestlers can be when they're not hamstrung by the writers/bookers. It was wonderful but maybe we all lost a little innocence when we realized how good WWE could be.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VJeff posted:

Seriously holy poo poo.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously holy poo poo.

It's not disingenuous at all. It's a conclusion I reached based on the numbers and what I see on TV. You can like the brand split all you want but I find it to not have nearly the returns it should have.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There’s really no reason to watch Smackdown without the brand split.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fart blood posted:

It's not disingenuous at all. It's a conclusion I reached based on the numbers and what I see on TV. You can like the brand split all you want but I find it to not have nearly the returns it should have.

That definitely ain't true because when SmackDown was good, the ratings were markedly above its pre-brand split numbers and it even tied/beat Raw a couple times in football season.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the only real question that matters is if the brand split ended would braun smash:

1. more things
2. less things
3. the same amount of things

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If things don't work perfectly they should not be done.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

Not what I'm saying.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't this the argument against communism?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Isn't this the argument against communism?

The argument against communism is that humans cannot follow the rules required to make communism work.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

The argument against communism is that humans cannot follow the rules required to make communism work.

Well WWE management can't follow the rules required to make the brand split work. :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Exactly. It's a fine idea that will never truly work on a grand scale because ultimately human beings are innately power hungry assholes and while those people thrive in capitalism, they can't as easily ruin everything for literally everyone (see North Korea).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The brand split is one of those bad ideas that keeps getting passes because despite always failing whenever it happens, the alternative it constantly goes back to is usually either worse outright or merely significantly less exciting

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

The brand split is one of those bad ideas that keeps getting passes because despite always failing whenever it happens, the alternative it constantly goes back to is usually either worse outright or merely significantly less exciting

Yes. I don't see anyone arguing otherwise. That doesn't mean I don't want the brand split.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

"but brand split gives people more opportunities!!!!" *continues to see Rusev and Miz stay still in midcard year after year swearing this time things will be different* *one world title stays being defended maximum twice a quarter* *each brand's women's title go months without being defended*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

"but brand split gives people more opportunities!!!!" *continues to see Rusev and Miz stay still in midcard year after year swearing this time things will be different* *one world title stays being defended maximum twice a quarter* *each brand's women's title go months without being defended*

This is dumb, even for you.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Again you're being disingenuous. Should Rusev get world title shots? Yes. Does he? No. But if you think it's improbable now, a weakened brand split (which to be fair this allegedly won't do, at least not in the way of unifying the titles again) would make it literally impossible. So because the brand split is flawed and still manages to be dumb, we should want it to be even worse? What sense does that make?

Honestly, how I feel about the change depends on how they execute it. If PPVs, despite being co-branded, still have an alternating focus more on one brand with only one or two matches from the other brand, it could honestly be fine. But if every PPV has both top titles defended, too much cross brand stuff, etc. then heaven help us.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I think I would like to go back to the days a women's championship was defended in the company. This is a serious post I apparently have to make

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If you have title championship belt thing, you should defend title championship belt thing. Even Dana White sorta comprehends this, occasionally he'll strip Conor once he finally becomes the last person on earth to realize he's never defending the drat thing

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I agree with everyone. let's do it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sorry for the multipost, I just had to say something after seeing some SD:

Has anyone in WWE had less character progression over the course of their career than Dolph

It's kinda stunning to see. You can walk away from months of programming and he'll still be in the same spot on the card, doing the same angle. The faces he's fighting may change occasionally, but that's literally it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think starting as a cheerleader gives him just enough progress to nudge passed some guys.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Hold on, i read some things wrong. let's postpone doing it uintil after a while.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Stop talking about Smackdown. If we ignore it it might go away.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be_UDPNny-H/?hl=en Bryan training in his natural element

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Again you're being disingenuous. Should Rusev get world title shots? Yes. Does he? No. But if you think it's improbable now, a weakened brand split (which to be fair this allegedly won't do, at least not in the way of unifying the titles again) would make it literally impossible. So because the brand split is flawed and still manages to be dumb, we should want it to be even worse? What sense does that make?

Honestly, how I feel about the change depends on how they execute it. If PPVs, despite being co-branded, still have an alternating focus more on one brand with only one or two matches from the other brand, it could honestly be fine. But if every PPV has both top titles defended, too much cross brand stuff, etc. then heaven help us.
I for one am shocked that CJ2 is being disingenuous

rovert posted:

Stop talking about Smackdown. If we ignore it it might go away.
Give Ryan Ward the book back, though actually who is booking NXT now? He or she could probably do a good job.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. The title match is so overbooked :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown results added to the OP. The title match is so overbooked :(

KO/Sami/AJ was legitimately a match I was really excited about because I feel like Sami's presence would help smooth other the bad chemistry AJ and KO have and we would have just gotten a really loving great match.

WWE, naturally, decided to ruin it.

• Locked thread