Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Billy Corgan is an idiot dipshit who literally goes on conspiracy shows so I don't get what the issue is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Billy Corgan is an idiot dipshit who literally goes on conspiracy shows so I don't get what the issue is

Yeah and he's a racist douchebag but I want to see SP live so *farts*

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Don't give him money u enabler his music sucks

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeah and he's a racist douchebag but I want to see SP live so *farts*

That time has long passed. Sorry.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

DasNeonLicht posted:

Speaking of surf — La Luz announce new album and single:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVaZuX5FRDA

For those who don't know, they play surf rock on the chill side — like you're at the beach but it's cloudy and windy and you have to go buy a sweater from a souvenir shop. Both of their albums so far have been good, but Weirdo Shrine has been my favorite.

Fake edit: Y Niwl sound great, thanks for the recommendation. gently caress, I love surf rock.

This sounds good, all of their stuff has been good-great to me

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I'm really hyped for this new Voidz album, it sounds like it's going to be the best album Julian's released since Room on Fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgE98LFMsRQ

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Propaganda Hour posted:

Hey is this where I can talk about D'arcy posting dumb texts from Billy Corgan. She keeps trying to spin this into a conspiracy theory but it just sounds like she's a flake.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Both correct takes

I still want to go to Billy's tea shop on the North Shore sometime and get a $24 cup of some royal reserve poo poo from India (no, seriously, I want to know what a $24 cup of tea tastes like)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I thought Antemasque was kind of boring but I liked the last TMV record a lot and also a lot of Omar's solo stuff since then has been very good

Pizza Club
Aug 28, 2006

President Jerk

Real Name Grover posted:

Both correct takes

I still want to go to Billy's tea shop on the North Shore sometime and get a $24 cup of some royal reserve poo poo from India (no, seriously, I want to know what a $24 cup of tea tastes like)

I've been there and don't remember seeing anything obscenely priced like that. In fact, they gave me free stuff.

e: nevermind, I see it now. But I wouldn't know what tea from 300 year old trees should cost.

Pizza Club fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 14, 2018

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08qd-vsHbaY

New beach house would go in here I guess? It's really fuckin good. New courtney Barnett is pretty good too

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I nearly walked into billy corgan whilst half running to the toilet at a festival because I needed a piss.

He looked annoyed but he always does.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
What do you mean

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Whorelord posted:

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Real Name Grover posted:

What do you mean

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Kramdar posted:

That time has long passed. Sorry.

They just announced a new tour today?

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
I can't imagine seeing the Smashing Pumpkins at an arena show in 2018.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

angrygodofjebus posted:

I can, and it's bad.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

angrygodofjebus posted:

I saw them once in the 90s in Memphis. Think they played like 45 minutes and then left because they were mad that the crowd's energy sucked.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Whorelord posted:

I nearly walked into billy corgan whilst half running to the toilet at a festival because I needed a piss.

Should have pissed on him

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

BonoMan posted:

I saw them once in the 90s in Memphis. Think they played like 45 minutes and then left because they were mad that the crowd's energy sucked.

LOL I was at that show. Garbage was awesome as the opener, Corgan was garbage as the headliner.

Edit: found my ticket stub not long ago.

I was in the 6th or 7th row. Everyone was booing the poo poo out of that guy.

Sumo fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 15, 2018

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Sumo posted:

LOL I was at that show. Garbage was awesome as the opener, Corgan was garbage as the headliner.

Edit: found my ticket stub not long ago.

I was in the 6th or 7th row. Everyone was booing the poo poo out of that guy.

Haha holy poo poo yes! So my memory of it was that they played for about 40 or so minutes. Then the sequined angel guy came out and said the band didn't like the energy... then they came back on stage and played a little bit before finally deciding "gently caress it we're done."

Am I making that up? Sometimes it feels like I'm constructing the memory in my head.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Smashing Pumpkins in 2007 right after they'd reunited and released Zeitgeist (which I thought was a great album even if a lot of other people didn't) and I loved it, though now 11 years later, I can't say I'd have much interest in seeing them again, especially after all the poo poo D'Arcy came out with against Corgan.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Haha holy poo poo yes! So my memory of it was that they played for about 40 or so minutes. Then the sequined angel guy came out and said the band didn't like the energy... then they came back on stage and played a little bit before finally deciding "gently caress it we're done."

Am I making that up? Sometimes it feels like I'm constructing the memory in my head.

Yeah, that's basically it. They played for roughly an hour and then left the stage, then came out to give some pissy comments about :
- how they almost didn't play the show because they were "disappointed that it didn't sell out" and
- that the crowd "sounded bored and quiet" so either the band sucked or more likely the band was great and the audience sucked

After that they played one song and bounced.

Funnily enough - you can hear it on archive.org. Not sure if it's kosher to link that here, but it's the 11.22.96 show at the Pyramid, right after Porcelina of the Vast Oceans.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging

Sumo posted:

Yeah, that's basically it. They played for roughly an hour and then left the stage, then came out to give some pissy comments about :
- how they almost didn't play the show because they were "disappointed that it didn't sell out" and
- that the crowd "sounded bored and quiet" so either the band sucked or more likely the band was great and the audience sucked

After that they played one song and bounced.

Funnily enough - you can hear it on archive.org. Not sure if it's kosher to link that here, but it's the 11.22.96 show at the Pyramid, right after Porcelina of the Vast Oceans.

They were mad at the fans who bought tickets for other people not buying tickets? Da Fuk

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

angrygodofjebus posted:

The thought of a pudgy, 50 year old Billy Corgan screaming the lyrics to Bodies is pretty sad.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

OhSnapGangsta posted:

They were mad at the fans who bought tickets for other people not buying tickets? Da Fuk

Yeah, he said that they almost canceled but decided to play for the people who did buy tickets, but were super making other dickish comments about Memphis & how we must not be cool enough to know who they are.

All in all he was a super rear end in a top hat to the crowd, hence all of the booing

Sumo fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 15, 2018

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Jack White pulled that poo poo at a show a few years back. He did play well over 2 hours, but walked off stage like 3 times because he felt there wasn't enough energy. It speaks alot about an artist's character, and my interest in his music dissipated quite quickly after that show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Grimes: “No Music Any Time Soon After All … Music Industry Is Trash”

Oh goddamnit :smith:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
Ought's new album is now on Spotify:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3vF1GQeq3Mnu13x0Rkakhv

I haven't given it a full listen yet but they rule - here are the three singles they released so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5PTIyAQrM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4MEzle8Hs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCd_tXOQxvk

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Car Seat Headrest: Twin Fantasy the Matador version is also out today and it’s mighty good imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NPATRzaF00

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
Smash Mouth eat the eg- ...cover Car Seat Headrest?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

The number of tweets I've seen by her re: crying makes her sound like a loving mess, and probably awful to deal with on a business level.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
She's literally insane, but I like her tunes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCq6Ghqs2No

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Grimes and Sky Ferreira both have legit mental issues, but they take the're loving time making music and it's worth it.

Starcrawler is really growing on me. Their crazy level is definitely for show, but fun nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxLvMDjH_0M

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Marlon Williams is blues-y, alt-country musician who's just released Make Way for Love, an album about the breakdown of his relationship with Aldous Harding. She even duets on one of the songs, singing her side of a conversation they never had.

Nobody Gets What They Want Anymore (with Aldous Harding)
Dark Child

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Saw Walk the Moon last night, they're amazing live as per usual. Super impressive light show for a small stage too. They did a stripped down acoustic version of this one, one of my faves of theirs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRVgptW7bYg

I highly recommend seeing them live if they're in your area!

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
Am I the only one who thought this is the girl singing?))) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBkHHoOIIn8

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

resident posted:

The number of tweets I've seen by her re: crying makes her sound like a loving mess, and probably awful to deal with on a business level.

I support Grimes and her right to be as messy as she needs to be, but yeah, I had to unfollow her on Twitter a while back.

The thing I have trouble forgiving her for, though, was having her boyfriend open for her in 2012. He performed solo as Elite Gymnastics and it was one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen. He opened with a cover — no — he announced that he would be opening with a cover, then did so. This gambit presaged the weakness to come. His music was bad, and he kept talking about how shy and nervous he was, but also about how inspiring he finds the work of Andrea Dworkin, which made the whole thing even more :staredog:. That man did not deserve a stage and she gave him one. Jesus.

She was super cool after the show, though. I think I was gushing about how good Visions was and how much great electronic music was coming out of Canada, and she gave me an unsolicited hug, signed my album, and it was great, so I guess I forgive her, but I still can't forget how badly she enabled that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

Forgive the double post, but she's not wrong.

The Daily Beast posted:

After releasing the statement about her alleged abuse, Glass says she was contacted by multiple women about their own experiences with Kath. The Daily Beast spoke with Glass and four more of Kath’s alleged victims. Together, the five accusers described a spectrum of behavior from “grooming” to nonconsensual sex and physical abuse. Their allegations paint a pattern of targeting fans aged 14 to 19—fans who recall being initially shocked and flattered to be noticed by an older musician they admired.

There's always more and it's always worse. :smithicide: