Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cyx6nWdFas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAwfulWaffle
Jun 30, 2013

CommonShore posted:

So I just rewatched Beavis and Butthead from the beginning to the end over the last 10 weeks or so.

How? I'd love to go back and watch some old episodes, but the last I heard, the music video portions of B&B weren't really available anywhere because of licensing issues.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

How? I'd love to go back and watch some old episodes, but the last I heard, the music video portions of B&B weren't really available anywhere because of licensing issues.

Your mistake is in looking in places where licensing matters. I asked the same question and then went :doh: and realized my mistake.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I'll have to check around for a bit someplace. I have a video capture dongle (huh-huh-huh, "dongle") and I had taped a bunch of the originally aired eps.

Some episodes aren't available even without the music, like the one where they go to Mexico.

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

This is the funniest clip of BBT I've ever seen

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is art.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Beavis and Butthead, like most of Mike Judge's work, just hits too god damned close to home. Your age didn't really matter. Everyone knew a Beavis and Butthead somewhere.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I was really hoping the revival would have aged them up to how old they would be now, but I was pretty happy with what we got.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was really hoping the revival would have aged them up to how old they would be now, but I was pretty happy with what we got.

The wikipedia page quotes Mike Judge pondering another revival with them as old men.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Hopefully he'll make it true to life and have both of them be successful entrepreneurs with loving families.

Or dead from an opiate overdose. That's really the only two outcomes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Beavis And Butthead Run America

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
they're in the trump administration

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Absurd Alhazred posted:

NCIS has an "Israeli" character that sounds nothing like one, and I will never forgive them for it.

Isn't she also super into torture (I don't watch NCIS but my job consists of hanging around elderly people for eight hours a day so I may get my facts confused.)

Violet_Sky posted:

I really like Prairie Fires. The Little House books and TV show were always interesting to me. It seemed like a fairy tale world. My third grade class also did a unit on pioneers around the time I read those books and I've always liked history. A lot of what I learned about pioneers seemed really whitewashed in hindsight. We barely knew about First Nations people except that they were one with nature. I grew up in Canada and First Nations education seemed ignored right up until Grade 10. We learned about smallpox blankets and residential schools then. I didn't even know Stanley Park was once inhabited by First Nations until a year ago. At least in British Columbia they are trying to teach more First Nations history and culture in schools now.

My education did not age well. Also, are there any more books like Prairie Fires that are about the real histories behind pop culture?

I really loved the Little House books as a kid as well, and yeah, our education (I was raised in the Midwest but I doubt it was TOO different) on First Nations/'pioneer era' was really grossly whitewashed or glossed over. I'm pretty sure my history books had about one or two paragraphs dedicated to the Trail of Tears and that was IT. I mean at least I could read those Dear America books which told me how hosed poo poo was back then.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Samovar posted:

I remember when Seinfeld did that, but funnier.

True, it helps when they put in actual jokes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OBZf0QdKdE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxibr-GKOSE

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Solice Kirsk posted:

Hopefully he'll make it true to life and have both of them be successful entrepreneurs with loving families.

Or dead from an opiate overdose. That's really the only two outcomes.

I can tell you about the Beavis I used to run with. He's a 37 year old pizza delivery man with a very large wife.

He lived with my friend about 10 years ago when the wife was a girlfriend, and they just stayed in his room and smoked weed and ate all the food and never did any contribution to the household. This is how his girlfriend earned the nickname "The Cave Troll."

I visited during that time and when me and the rest of my friends were doing poo poo, he stayed in his room and I'd see him get some water before going back to the hole until about 5pm when it was time to go to work. One night we had a big old party at a different friends' house, and he decided to smoke weed with his manager at the pizza place and didn't bother showing up until the party was over (despite several calls indicating otherwise). Of course, somehow he managed to be up at 10am to tag along with me to the airport when I left, which really pissed everyone off.

My friend met up with him a couple years ago, and he showed up 45 minutes late, brought his friends, and then proceeded to play pool with said friends. Basically my friend describes him as "depressing."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Absurd Alhazred posted:

NCIS has an "Israeli" character that sounds nothing like one, and I will never forgive them for it.

OK but you guys have unlistenable accents so can you blame them? Yaron from Wet Hot American Summer is the best Israeli character on tv.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

Isn't she also super into torture (I don't watch NCIS but my job consists of hanging around elderly people for eight hours a day so I may get my facts confused.)

I wouldn't know, I think I overheard a scene or two from a laundromat TV before moving somewhere else to read in peace.

Henchman of Santa posted:

OK but you guys have unlistenable accents so can you blame them? Yaron from Wet Hot American Summer is the best Israeli character on tv.

People paid to watch Wonder Woman :shrug:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sayid from lost was a great Israeli character

He was also a torturer

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I knew one kid all throughout middle school and highschool and he constantly talked about his summer family vacations to Israel. He was a prick.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

oldpainless posted:

He was also a torturer

He was Iraqi

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

oldpainless posted:

He was also a torturer

Sayid was Iraqi.

edit: :argh:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Sayid was Iraqi.

Sayid was also much more of a 3 dimensional character. Which considering both shows is damning with faint praise.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sayid from lost was a great Iraqi character

He was also a torturer

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A character whose name means "Descendant of Mohammed" isn't Israeli?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

A character whose name means "Descendant of Mohammed" isn't Israeli?
He's Iraqi, actually

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deDn1bVkF_g

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He's Arab and speaks Arabic much more convincingly than Jin speaks Korean

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mu Zeta posted:

Jin spoke Korean convincingly enough to anyone who doesn't.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Wheat Loaf posted:

There's one amusing bit in an episode of Law & Order (possibly in SVU) where the detectives complain about CSIs thinking they're cops.

Speaking of SVU and CSI techs, a few years ago*, there was the hilariously awful/over-the-top story line with a new tech they introduced that season; Stucky. He was only in 3 or 4 episodes, but they painted him as hilariously inept, always jumping to conclusions and getting basic facts wrong.

Then they jumped the shark with him BIG TIME and he becomes a serial killer in the span of a single episode because he makes some mistake and Stabler gets made at him for it. So he kills 1 or 2 people in an attempt to pin it on another killer for more evidence, gets caught by another CSI technician, kills him and almost kills Stabler.

http://lawandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Dale_Stuckey

*Probably like ten years ago at this point.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I think NCIS has a decent audience in former military guys that never re-enlisted but will always tell stories about when they were in the Air Force. My brother-in-law is one of those people and absolutely loves NCIS, I've seen just about every episode just from him living with us for a while. He also watches Taken about once a month completely unironically. I know he's not alone.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

DrBouvenstein posted:

Speaking of SVU and CSI techs, a few years ago*, there was the hilariously awful/over-the-top story line with a new tech they introduced that season; Stucky. He was only in 3 or 4 episodes, but they painted him as hilariously inept, always jumping to conclusions and getting basic facts wrong.

Then they jumped the shark with him BIG TIME and he becomes a serial killer in the span of a single episode because he makes some mistake and Stabler gets made at him for it. So he kills 1 or 2 people in an attempt to pin it on another killer for more evidence, gets caught by another CSI technician, kills him and almost kills Stabler.

http://lawandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Dale_Stuckey

*Probably like ten years ago at this point.

Of all of the cringy things I've seen on SVU, Stuckey and Olivia's pretend hostage seduction of him is the cringiest.

He also had his own "Bazinga".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJha6_yT91A

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mu Zeta posted:

That's because the irl actor didn't speak Korean

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Is the goth lady still on NCIS? She's got to be almost fifty now. I caught the end of an NCIS: Los Angeles episode the other day where she guest starred and was captured by a serial killer. The killer had her tied up and said something like "Now I'll add a late 20s female to my collection!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gaunab posted:

Is the goth lady still on NCIS? She's got to be almost fifty now. I caught the end of an NCIS: Los Angeles episode the other day where she guest starred and was captured by a serial killer. The killer had her tied up and said something like "Now I'll add a late 20s female to my collection!"

Makes sense. Serial killers are often disconnected from reality.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Gaunab posted:

Just looked it up. She’s 48 and is leaving NCIS after this season; probably wanted to do a more age-appropriate role.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Gaunab posted:

It's actually kind of refreshing to hear because usually actresses get to play grandmothers as soon as they turn 30 while god forbid 60 year old actors have romantic interests that aren't at least half their age. But it sounds like that line could actually be a joke because she dresses and acts like a child? It seems like a weird line just to throw in their if it isn't.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Another thing unusual is that's she's blonde but dyes her hair black. Who does that, especially in Hollywood?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Goths?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Mu Zeta posted:

Another thing unusual is that's she's blonde but dyes her hair black. Who does that, especially in Hollywood?

Someone who’s got a sweet loving gig going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Everyone's favorite set of bangs Zoe Deschanel.