Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ziggler or Corbin?
This poll is closed.
Corbin... I guess. :sigh: 1 6.67%
Zi.... no this seems unlikely. 0 0%
♪ Burrrrrrn it dooooooown! ♪ 8 53.33%
THE BIG DOG! 6 40.00%
Total: 15 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

fart blood posted:

Egg substitutes are another thing I really don't like.

I love vegan recipes that are naturally vegan. But when you start doing things like "vegan sausage" or "vegan cheese" or whatever, ya lose me.

They didn't show it in the interview I worked on but apparently they're actually real eggs, with shells and yolks and whites and everything, but made from plant matter somehow. I wish they had shown it because I gotta see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I'm actually legit excited about this, getting rid of cattle farming would be a wonderful thing.

LMAO you think that'll happen with a GOP-controlled government?? You are adorable!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I am looking forward to Rhondah Rhousheyh

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Can we have Gallows and Anderson call Gable and Benjamin nerds

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this is the most poorly written show the wwe has ever done

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
This seems like a waste of pancakes.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
OH MY GOD THERE'S STILL 45 MINUTES.

How is this show longer than Raw??

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Shima Honnou posted:

those appear to be pancakes not pączkis

eat the lard donuts big e
Eh when I was younger our Fat Tuesday dinner was pancakes.

DarkstarIV posted:

Can we have Gallows and Anderson call Gable and Benjamin nerds
Why?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

fart blood posted:

OH MY GOD THERE'S STILL 45 MINUTES.

How is this show longer than Raw??

OH MY GOD YOU'RE RIGHT :gonk:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I'm actually legit excited about this, getting rid of cattle farming would be a wonderful thing.

I have my doubts we'd see it happen but their plan is sound: price lower than meat and produce new meats with richer flavors than you can get from real meat. They hope to basically outperform and wipe out real meat within 20 years and hell I hope so! They got most current major meats figured out flavor-wise and cook-wise such that it cooks the same as real meat. It was the most exciting thing I worked on in a while and made me believe in hope a little bit more.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I came as quick as I could to the thread once I read elsewhere that this was currently an all-time bad SD

Are you ok, friends

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
i miss the old day :(

That segment was better than this.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
what the gently caress is happening

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

fart blood posted:

So I don't care about Rhonda Rousey and I never cared about her even during her MMA days. Am I right for feeling this way? Or am I missing something?

She was amazing in UFC though she had plenty of detractors, but she and especially her coach completely blew it in her fight against Holly Holm, and her comeback fight was pathetic and did a lot of damage to her perception as a monster asskicker.

The bigger issue is that UFC has failed to really have anybody step into place as the dominant female fighter since then (lol Cyborg) so there is still a lot of interest in Rousey, simply because once she was gone nobody else came along to make people forget her.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i think pancakes will be when we determined new day jumped the shark.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

I came as quick as I could to the thread once I read elsewhere that this was currently an all-time bad SD

Are you ok, friends

Wins and losses don't matter and the show is about moments.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
this is stupid

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh when I was younger our Fat Tuesday dinner was pancakes.

Welcome to Detroit we don't even call it Fat Tuesday it's just Pączki Day here.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

I have my doubts we'd see it happen but their plan is sound: price lower than meat and produce new meats with richer flavors than you can get from real meat. They hope to basically outperform and wipe out real meat within 20 years and hell I hope so! They got most current major meats figured out flavor-wise and cook-wise such that it cooks the same as real meat. It was the most exciting thing I worked on in a while and made me believe in hope a little bit more.

You were involved? That's awesome and you're good people :)

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Baron Corbin posted:

this is the most poorly written show the wwe has ever done

this specific episode or smackdown in general

trick question both statements are true

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm tapping out. This is excruciating to watch.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

shiksa posted:

i think pancakes will be when we determined new day jumped the shark.
Eh they've jumped the shark a bunch of times, but then they get a feud like they did with the Usos to bring them back from the void

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

fart blood posted:

Wins and losses don't matter and the show is about moments.

So what you're saying is even the moments are bad

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe the dude that formed Wrestlecrap is booking now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
oh yeah, we are getting Riott Squad vs Charlotte, Becky, and Naomi next week apparently. :shepface:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

You were involved? That's awesome and you're good people :)

Tangentially in that I was the guy what listened to and typed the interview. It took most of the day because whoever recorded it is one of the ones who's kinda dickish and want me to get every single word said instead of using my judgment to cut out wasted footage. I would work for the dude gladly though if I could.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Gonna take a while for me to wrap my head around booking the team that prefers a waffle to a pancake as the heels

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Chris James 2 posted:

So what you're saying is even the moments are bad

No no no. I am not saying that at all.

I am merely saying that wins and losses don't matter, and that the show is about moments.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shima Honnou posted:

Tangentially in that I was the guy what listened to and typed the interview. It took most of the day because whoever recorded it is one of the ones who's kinda dickish and want me to get every single word said instead of using my judgment to cut out wasted footage. I would work for the dude gladly though if I could.

Still cool and you're still good people :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Waffles are better.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Shima Honnou posted:

im very interested in this stuff bc i know meat farming, and god especially cattle farming, is hell on the planet and we should be trying to reduce or eliminate it but man most current meat substitutes suck. i've gotten some things made from like, gluten or whatever? and that's good if its something pretty heavily spiced, like the extremely good vegan gyro i got.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

beggar posted:

Gonna take a while for me to wrap my head around booking the team that prefers a waffle to a pancake as the heels

pancakes are far superior to waffles, dude. you know it, I know it. The world knows.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

beggar posted:

Waffles are pretty bad unless they are Belgian, this is recency bias though since for my dinner I went to this new sweet shop to have their doughy waffle with cookie dough ice cream and whipped cream, I'm going to miss those things for the next 30 days :smith:

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

shiksa posted:

im very interested in this stuff bc i know meat farming, and god especially cattle farming, is hell on the planet and we should be trying to reduce or eliminate it but man most current meat substitutes suck. i've gotten some things made from like, gluten or whatever? and that's good if its something pretty heavily spiced, like the extremely good vegan gyro i got.

gardein is pretty dead on, for what it's worth.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

beggar posted:

its frankly disgusting and i wont stand for it

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
fake meat doesn't have the soul of an animal inside of it, so how can it possibly provide any nourishment

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!
YO GABLE HOLY poo poo

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

shiksa posted:

https://www.impossiblefoods.com/

These are the guys. I should probably go downtown to Wahlburger's downtown sometime they sell them there but gently caress it's like $12.50 for a meal.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

i miss the old day :(

That segment was better than this.

I'll grant you that this latest New Day angle is dire and a waste of several good wrestlers, but let's not say anything reckless here

the Old Day were real deep hurting, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Renee's top :swoon:

• Locked thread