Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Enrique Meridian
Mar 29, 2010
https://twitter.com/JakesBadTweets/status/963583099522215936

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

For those keeping track at home, the FastLane main event that was advertised in December as being a fiveway had literally one change (Nakamura replaced with Dolph)

Oops, shouldn't point that out, apparently someone here might think I'm being insincere or lying
https://twitter.com/SliceWrestling/status/945716114876715008

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress dolph

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
end the brand split and cancel smackdown forever

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Advertisers get stuff months in advance and the actual show they get usually bears little resemblance to what was advertised - it's actually more unusual that this 2+ month old advertisement ended up being largely accurate!

Edit: Also looks like it was two changes? Orton was advertised as well.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

Smackdown results added to the OP. The title match is so overbooked :(
With dual branded PPVs I think the one benefit is during the RR to Mania season they get rid of the one Smackdown PPV and just build the goddamn Mania matches instead of coming up with something at the last minute to spin the wheels.

Chris James 2 posted:

For those keeping track at home, the FastLane main event that was advertised in December as being a fiveway had literally one change (Nakamura replaced with Dolph)

Oops, shouldn't point that out, apparently someone here might think I'm being insincere or lying
https://twitter.com/SliceWrestling/status/945716114876715008
Yeah I knew about that the Fastlane main event was a clusterfuck, it was one of the reasons people thought Nakamura wasn't going to win the Rumble.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

end the brand split and cancel smackdown forever

Fun fact: Shin isn't booked at all for Fastlane currently

Don't worry, he'll still show up

To point to the Mania sign after whoever wins in the main event wins. Probably Dolph

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Fun fact: Shin isn't booked at all for Fastlane currently

Don't worry, he'll still show up

To point to the Mania sign after whoever wins in the main event wins. Probably Dolph
Man you are really trying to make Shin a thing despite that only happening at Survivor Series

poo poo I just realized I can't really make fun of the Bucks for getting Gotten Too on twitter anymore.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really hope that the entire build to Mania is just Shinsuke popping out of various locations to smile at AJ, whisper,"I'm going to beat you at Wrestlemania" and then just leave.

I'm not joking.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The whole progression here from "Hey, we might get AJ vs. Sami main eventing a PPV." to where we are now is just totally absurd.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MMC update: Lana got her first pin win in the WWE

Against Bayley

For those thinking it's lying/insincere: http://profightdb.com/wrestlers/lana-11321.html

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

MMC update: Lana got her first pin win in the WWE

Against Bayley

For those thinking it's lying/insincere: http://profightdb.com/wrestlers/lana-11321.html
I should be upset, but MMC is a goofy casual show and the Rusev Day pairing is much better than Bayley and the Drifter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

I should be upset, but MMC is a goofy casual show and the Rusev Day pairing is much better than Bayley and the Drifter

Elias and Bayley could have been an interesting combo but absolutely nothing came of it, and Lana/Rusev are just such a wonderful pairing.

Next week's MMC looks dire though: Roode/Charlotte vs Nia/Apollo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

I think I would like to go back to the days a women's championship was defended in the company. This is a serious post I apparently have to make

Chris James 2 posted:

Chris James 2 posted:

"but brand split gives people more opportunities!!!!" *continues to see Rusev and Miz stay still in midcard year after year swearing this time things will be different* *one world title stays being defended maximum twice a quarter* *each brand's women's title go months without being defended*

Nice meltdown.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I wasn't really into the idea of Jimmy/Naomi versus friggin Goldust and Mandy Rose and it ended up being my favorite non-Braunlexa MMC match, so who knows.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Elias and Bayley could have been an interesting combo but absolutely nothing came of it, and Lana/Rusev are just such a wonderful pairing.

It could have been worse, it could have been Nia/Enzo

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Nice meltdown.

I respect his opinions but mostly because I agree.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yup, and after Nia/Apollo vs Roode/Flair, we get Banks/Balor vs Miz/Asuka. This tournament should be wrapped up around the time Wrestlemania rolls around, now that I think about it. The only teams who have a real shot at winning though are Strowman/Bliss (due to Connor's Cure), Roode/Flair, and Miz/Asuka (due to her undefeated streak).

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 14, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

It could have been worse, it could have been Nia/Enzo

God it hasn't been that long since he left but I'd already forgotten that dumb Nia/Enzo storyline.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

God it hasn't been that long since he left but I'd already forgotten that dumb Nia/Enzo storyline.

I like how they are trying to build up Nia as a monster again but failing miserably, because she's so goddamn awful in the ring (and at cutting promos).

e: To the guy below me: Road Dogg is seriously the worst booker in WWE today. And probably in a long time.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Sent an Alexa Bliss reaction gif* a buddy's way tonight and it reminded me how fun Fall '16 SDL was :smith:

Not great, mind – that Ambrose/Styles/Ellsworth thing went on forever – but fun. As in the opposite of Jinder/Roode/Orton talking for 15 minutes and Jinder stands tall and that's the segment.

* http://i68.tinypic.com/24gsg92.jpg

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Is it too early to start the Buddy Murphy hype train?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So, to recap the title scenes:

Raw: 7-way match to determine a No. 1 contender
Raw women: 6-way match to determine champion
Smackdown: 5-way match to determine champion
Smackdown women: giant shrug emoji
Men's Rumble winner: Not on the card
Women's Rumble winner: Defending Mania title shot at the PPV

What's the point of a Royal Rumble if a billion people are going to get title shots anyway?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I missed Smackdown. Did....did Buddy Murphy do a thing??

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Endless Mike posted:

He Existed

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

He’s going to be on 205 Live.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Buddy Murphy, the Jannetty of BAMF?
(Wesley Blake was also the Jannetty of BAMF)

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Benne posted:

What's the point of a Royal Rumble if a billion people are going to get title shots anyway?

Please stop being so disingenuous

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

Are you saying the titles should not be defended for 3 months between every Rumble and Wrestlemania?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Are you saying the titles should not be defended for 3 months between every Rumble and Wrestlemania?

Yes.
\____

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Sigma posted:

Is it too early to start the Buddy Murphy hype train?

He's very good.

Will swear up and down that Buddy's slot was originally for Lio though. Will ask what happened.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Pretty sure the storyline here is that Charlotte will defend the Smackdown Women's Title against Ruby Riott at some point (probably Fastlane) and win, assuming the rumors of Charlotte vs Asuka are true. However, that opens up a pretty big problem.

Carmella has the Women's Money in the Bank briefcase, and is by far the least over woman on the roster (the only thing that was really keeping her afloat was James Ellsworth). I cannot realistically see her cashing in and beating Asuka and/or Charlotte for the title. But I don't think they want to see the cash in fail either.

Now if Asuka decides to go after Alexa or whoever wins Elimination Chamber instead, then everything posted above is null and void.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am very sure Carmella's failing her cash-in now. Or maybe she'll jump over to Raw because canonically, she is loving terrified of Asuka.

Actually, she should absolutely cash-in during Wrestlemania on the Raw match just so we can get a heel cashing in on a heel vs. heel match.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Benne posted:

The titles are not important, just having your wrestlemania moment is. The brand will always be bigger then a wrestler or a title according to Vince.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I think regardless of what happens, if we get Nia Jax vs Alexa Bliss in a singles match at Wrestlemania, no other match on the card will be as bad as that one.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I am very sure Carmella's failing her cash-in now. Or maybe she'll jump over to Raw because canonically, she is loving terrified of Asuka.

Actually, she should absolutely cash-in during Wrestlemania on the Raw match just so we can get a heel cashing in on a heel vs. heel match.

I will be keeping an eye on Smackdown next week. Carmella cashing in and winning there frees Charlotte up to confront Rousey at Elimination Chamber if Charlotte/Rousey is still the Wrestlemania plan.

Octal
Jan 30, 2003

It is haram to draw images of mythical beasts even if it never existed in reality

rovert posted:

I will be keeping an eye on Smackdown next week. Carmella cashing in and winning there frees Charlotte up to confront Rousey at Elimination Chamber if Charlotte/Rousey is still the Wrestlemania plan.

Wait isn't Charlotte a Smackdown Star and isn't Elimination Chamber a RAW brand PPV?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Carmella would be a worse champion than Jinder

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If it means bringing up the Iconic Duo as her Singh Brothers then im all for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

if you thought the brand split was bad imagine when there's no brand split

Raw and Smackdown Head writer the Road Dogg Jesse James.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Exactly. It's a fine idea that will never truly work on a grand scale because ultimately human beings are innately power hungry assholes and while those people thrive in capitalism, they can't as easily ruin everything for literally everyone (see North Korea).

Bitch America needs 2/3rds of the world to live in abject poverty to barely function and your president is a barely literate orange rapist.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 14, 2018

• Locked thread