Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
someone playing it on the ps4?

wait for the patch and price drop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Okay, you guys can close the thread. This was a perfect post. There's no way it's ever gonna get any better than this.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There's a +2 charisma perk really early in the herbalism tree.

M'Lady?

Not sure what it does, dialog-wise, but it's rather easy to get. There's metric fucktons of herbs to collect once you spot a good area. Near water is the best.

"Released from prison" debuff is horrible. So I highly recommend save anywhere mod. Also don't forget you can set a marker on a map with X key. Helps a ton

Loving the nonlinearity: NPC: Do this! You. (lie) I did it! NPC: Great!

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Feb 14, 2018

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer
Lockpicking mod added to OP. I will add only selected quality of life mods as they are introduced in the thread. Maybe if the number of mods grows to all hell, we will need a separate thread for those later?

Let's hope any patches in the future won't break all mods...

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

While the save mod is a must, I would encourage people who are frustrated by lockpicking to keep trying. Maybe even save-scum a bit if you as a player find it difficult to get used to it. Of course you can install the mod, it is your game, play it however you like. But I don't think lockpicking is "broken", it is just a little hard. I found it very satisfying once I got the "knack" of it. Being able to open every chest seems kind of unbalanced, there are a limited number of lockpicks, isn't there? Also, opening the lock takes time anyway, time which risks you getting caught.

Just like everyone else I play a stealth archer in every TES game, but like the burglary in this game a lot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think Saviour Schnapps would be a better mechanic if that's how you enabled autosave.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Watching streamers get incredibly upset over how 'hard' the combat is makes me lol. Yes, you're going to have trouble taking on a knight in full armor with your bare hands.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You can 2H to beat that homing attack clean.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

KyloWinter posted:

how do you wrestle and throw

Is there bodyslams in this game?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

There's a +2 charisma perk really early in the herbalism tree.

There also seems to be a permanent +2 Vitality buff if you win when the drunkard attacks you. Not fully confirmed yet.

One big question: what is the EXACT path to get Fritz to give you lockpicks? Whenever I try, my dudes just decide to gangbang the drunkard, which works, but doesn't give me lockpicks.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

God, I cannot for the life of me get the hang of this lockpick system. If I try with M+KB, the rotation goes way too fast and the inability to hold it in place prevent me from adjusting my angle. If I try it on controller it's just awkward in general due to having to rotate both analogs, but at least you can pause the rotation partway through.

I wish the 'training' for lockpicking just gave you infinite lockpicks just so I can actually practice this weird loving system. I don't want to skip it, I do want to get better at it, but lockpicks are in WAY too short a supply to practice easily. I think I'm just gonna saviour schnapps before the 'training' and keep trying it until I get the hang of it.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Firstborn posted:

Is there bodyslams in this game?

Nope. Kicking and punching mostly, a few other animations where the protagonist grabs an opponent and shoves him away I think. Wrestling is sadly underrepresented in gaming generally.

If you come across a sleeping adversary, there is a choke you can do to render them unconscious before they have a chance to wake up and raise alarm. Does not count as wrestling really.

Most of the melee action is in the form of dozens of weapons you can read about on the wiki.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Infinity Gaia posted:

God, I cannot for the life of me get the hang of this lockpick system. If I try with M+KB, the rotation goes way too fast and the inability to hold it in place prevent me from adjusting my angle. If I try it on controller it's just awkward in general due to having to rotate both analogs, but at least you can pause the rotation partway through.

I wish the 'training' for lockpicking just gave you infinite lockpicks just so I can actually practice this weird loving system. I don't want to skip it, I do want to get better at it, but lockpicks are in WAY too short a supply to practice easily. I think I'm just gonna saviour schnapps before the 'training' and keep trying it until I get the hang of it.

there's a mod up already to just insta-pick any lock you have high enough skill for

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Watching streamers get incredibly upset over how 'hard' the combat is makes me lol. Yes, you're going to have trouble taking on a knight in full armor with your bare hands.

You're also going to have trouble taking on a Turkish bandit in leather armor with a sword in your hands.

Fighting any skilled opponent in Kingdom Come was a massive loving pain for me, because it seems completely arbitrary whether or not they'll parry / dodge your blow. The game instructs you to hold down the swing button and aim the mouse away from where the enemy is holding their sword because this way you won't get blocked. However, seemingly 90% of the time the enemy will still parry you and counter with a flurry of blows, some of which will come through even the heaviest shield in the game. Rinse and repeat.

I really have no loving idea what I'm doing wrong and what I should be doing differently, but melee combat loving sucks donkey dick. And archery is even worse.

I dunno, maybe it's a question of my stats not being high enough, so the game decides to turbofuck me regardless of how well I might or might not be playing, and if my stats were higher, I'd do better. Who knows, but it's so loving frustrating.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Yet ANOTHER way to break the starter town, one I've not seen anyone post!

Step 1. Steal everything. Mug random villagers as they walk around, empty out the buildings etc.
Step 2. Sell a third of everything to the NPC in the general store. She will buy stolen goods. A third of everything in the entire town is way, way more money than she has. Do it anyway.
Step 3. Sell the remaining two thirds of your stolen goods to her, to buy the first third. Which are now "clean" and not stolen, trading that for the items you just sold, since still, they won't have enough gold.
Step 4. Sell the clean items to the NPCs across the street, or just buy valuable, light weight items from them, using the heavier items you just fenced.

Medieval money laundering!

Your goal is to get light weight, high value items you can sell, now clean, in the next town for full price! Also if you want, pick up alchemy stuff, or just get items you actually want.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So do you need skills to defeat a high level opponent, or could you cut down a high level opponent with a surprise attack?

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I snuck up behind a guard in Tamberg and choked him out with the surprise knock out thing, I went from peasant to decked out armour and weapon in about 30 seconds. I also broke into the armoury and got rich from selling it all to one of the millers.

Edit: I now have the issue that all my beautiful weapons and armour weigh so much, i can barely loot anything before im overloaded

Ahdinko fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 14, 2018

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ahdinko posted:

I snuck up behind a guard in Tamberg and choked him out with the surprise knock out thing, I went from peasant to decked out armour and weapon in about 30 seconds. I also broke into the armoury and got rich from selling it all to one of the millers.

Whenever I try to choke someone out they always manage to escape instantly. I think I might be loving it up somehow.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Backing up while shooting bow seems to work, you can put approximately 2 arrows in enemy closing in, 3 if you start without aggro.
Fencing is easier after this.

Savescumming mod is really good, and doesn't feel like cheating at all. I get why they made such diabolical save system (replay value ahoy) but KCD feels like a roguelike and there's just too many chances to gently caress everything up, so ability to save is a need

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 14, 2018

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY

Infinity Gaia posted:

Whenever I try to choke someone out they always manage to escape instantly. I think I might be loving it up somehow.

That happened to me twice, i just ran off and found someone else to try it on before i pissed too many people off. I think the key is them not seeing you at all. I.e if you approach from the front and then sneak behind them, it wont work.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

I killed a bunch of deer in the woods and it counted as stolen somehow, but if you cook it, it suddenly becomes not stolen and you can get a ton of coin for it.

Killing any animal is poaching

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Diogines posted:

Yet ANOTHER way to break the starter town, one I've not seen anyone post!

Step 1. Steal everything. Mug random villagers as they walk around, empty out the buildings etc.
Step 2. Sell a third of everything to the NPC in the general store. She will buy stolen goods. A third of everything in the entire town is way, way more money than she has. Do it anyway.
Step 3. Sell the remaining two thirds of your stolen goods to her, to buy the first third. Which are now "clean" and not stolen, trading that for the items you just sold, since still, they won't have enough gold.
Step 4. Sell the clean items to the NPCs across the street, or just buy valuable, light weight items from them, using the heavier items you just fenced.

Medieval money laundering!

Your goal is to get light weight, high value items you can sell, now clean, in the next town for full price! Also if you want, pick up alchemy stuff, or just get items you actually want.

Also you can beat Kunesh infinitely for easy skill ups

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ahdinko posted:

Edit: I now have the issue that all my beautiful weapons and armour weigh so much, i can barely loot anything before im overloaded

Talmberg guard armor isn't that great either

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So I lock picked a door on someone's house

I broke a pick though so they woke up

I hide

They close the door and lock it again

gently caress

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

People seem to randomly lock and unlock doors as they open them, one dude locked me in with him in a little store room but after I told him my sob story (unprompted?) He let us both back out

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Do all treasure maps give ridiculous stuff or just the one that was like XIV or something that cost 80 coins and has an armor and sword worth 3.6k total?

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Nights are not all that dark

Also, some bugs are ridiculous. I'm supposed to spy upon three women who are supposed to meet at night in the forest for LSD-infused orgy some witchcraft where they put poisonous ointment on their lady parts..
So I wait in the forest for like 4 hours
Nobody comes
Go back to village to look for them
Broads are snoring in their houses
No way to force them to go do their thing
E: Killed one broad's dog, snook into her house and slept for a day. Looks like her game script arrived with a courier because she's heading to woods this evening. Lord be praised!

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 14, 2018

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Mehrunes posted:

On a scale of 1 to Morrowind how bad is the combat.

Morrowind combat is worse by virtue of that loving whiff sound. Sure, KcD may have jank and potential psychics, but at least I feel like I hosed up, rather than got hosed by an rng. Also, Henry is effectively untrained, so it makes sense that everyone can kick his rear end. I'm reserving judgment until I see how the power curve works out.

My only real problem is the is not enough feedback on draw timing/when the weapon is out. I died once or twice by either putting my sword away after failing to realize a cutscene got it out for me, or by spamming 1 too many times, resulting in me drawing and immediately sheathing.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Moonlight and weather is a huge factor in night visibility

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The thing about armor is at the early game I can't even afford to maintain a lovely gambeson and mail

I can't even imagine how much it costs to maintain plate

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I felt pretty good about myself after stomping that stupid Sir Hans Capon into the loving ground.

You sniveling little poo poo, I'm Henry - the most ordinary boy in Bohemia.

But I'll fuckin' drill you with this bow and sword, binch.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Phi230 posted:

The thing about armor is at the early game I can't even afford to maintain a lovely gambeson and mail

I can't even imagine how much it costs to maintain plate

The only way to afford plate armor is to steal everything not nailed down. However, wearing plate will make it more difficult to steal which will make it more difficult to maintain the plate armor. Medieval economics.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

MiddleOne posted:

The only way to afford plate armor is to steal everything not nailed down. However, wearing plate will make it more difficult to steal which will make it more difficult to maintain the plate armor. Medieval economics.

Just change your clothes like you have a storage chest at your house

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Phi230 posted:

Just change your clothes like you have a storage chest at your house

You will not stop me from clunking around in my metal armor in some peasants house stealing carrots.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
7 hours into a 9 hours download of this game windows decides to restart my computer for updates and now I'm 0 hours into a 9 hour download of this game. :suicide:

Diogines posted:

While the save mod is a must, I would encourage people who are frustrated by lockpicking to keep trying. Maybe even save-scum a bit if you as a player find it difficult to get used to it. Of course you can install the mod, it is your game, play it however you like. But I don't think lockpicking is "broken", it is just a little hard. I found it very satisfying once I got the "knack" of it. Being able to open every chest seems kind of unbalanced, there are a limited number of lockpicks, isn't there? Also, opening the lock takes time anyway, time which risks you getting caught.

Just like everyone else I play a stealth archer in every TES game, but like the burglary in this game a lot.

I despise lockpicking and hacking minigames regardless of difficulty and I'm thorougly done with them by now. As soon as I saw a streamer use a locked chest and the minigame came up I was tempted to skip the game even before I saw how the minigame worked.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I hosed up my sword by using the grindstone wrong

Jolarix
Feb 28, 2004
Your reading skill has increased by +1 point(s).
Just earned the silver trophy "McLOVIN"... thanks Theresa.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Some people might be annoyed by it but I love that they have a ton of systems in play and they don't just give you a raw dump of all the numbers. Makes it difficult to min/max but it really makes the world and your interactions with it feel authentic and encourages you to roleplay being a normal medieval dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Having crime/bounty thing on you (red purse icon next to compass) seems to gently caress up many quests.

Easy way of getting out of bounty (without paying) is choose "flee", proceed to kick the living poo poo out of your jailer, and release him unconditionally if he surrenders.
I gave a good hiding to bailiff of Uzhitz, and now he surrenders automatically each time I go into combat mode with him. That's authority for ya

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 14, 2018