Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Midnightghoul posted:

If it means bringing up the Iconic Duo as her Singh Brothers then im all for it

An iconic duo title reign would be far superior. What would Carmella bring as champion?

They might actually just think "not the right moment' for 11.5 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Carmella would be a worse champion than Jinder

Carmella can at least talk.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Carmella also doesn't have pus filled sores all over her body.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Wazzu posted:

An iconic duo title reign would be far superior. What would Carmella bring as champion?

They might actually just think "not the right moment' for 11.5 months.

In all likelihood it'll probably just play out like Sheamus' MITB. Like they put the briefcase on someone, immediately regret it, fart around for months hoping people don't notice how much they regret it, then blow it off in a quick transitional reign nobody will remember a year from now.

That would be fine if, you know, it wasn't the middle of Mania season. Are we really going to live in a world where loving Carmella is walking into WrestleMania as champion?

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 14, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Eh, the briefcase is good until May. She can get Superstar Shaken Up, go to Raw and cash in there, if they don't just say gently caress it to their own rules and have her cash in on the Raw women's match during Wrestlemania outright.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Apparently, on a future Edge & Christian podcast, Steve Austin and Bret Hart are going to be doing commentary on their entire Wrestlemania 13 match.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Chris James 2 posted:

MMC update: Lana got her first pin win in the WWE

Against Bayley

For those thinking it's lying/insincere: http://profightdb.com/wrestlers/lana-11321.html

Good

At least Lana can actually get over

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i loving hate road dogg

i really, really dislike dolph but i want to point one thing out that he did which was awesome, there was a little girl who got in the way when he went to fight sami in the stands and he saw it and help move her back into the seats i thought that was a solid move

dont know what else to say it was another road dogg smackdown, i do like gable and benjamin i think they're coming into their own

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
between dolph and lana maybe i shouldn't be down on this four hour nightclass that prevents me from watching wwe

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i hope everyone is realizing that road dogg is going to be hunter's kevin dunn

this is only the beginning of 30 years of doggness

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
it'd be cool if RD could just go completely insane like russo, at least it would be funny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Somebody said it very well in the GDT, SmackDown is like WCW but without even the batshit insane stuff that was fun in a "staring at a trainwreck" way.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

smackdown reminds me of WWE, moreso.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

i hope everyone is realizing that road dogg is going to be hunter's kevin dunn

this is only the beginning of 30 years of doggness

Oh, you were previously unaware?

Your posterior should contact someone via telephooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnne!

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

VJeff posted:

Somebody said it very well in the GDT, SmackDown is like WCW but without even the batshit insane stuff that was fun in a "staring at a trainwreck" way.

i wish a plague on the house of anyone who says this

that plague is shawn stasiak

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

or mike sanders

or reno

or chuck palumbo

or mike sanders (this plague comes twice because it is above average)

or any of the natural born thrillers not called jindrak or maybe o'haire

am i forgetting a thriller?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

Raw rightfully gets all the grief for its 3 hours+overrun, but somehow Smackdown managed to make 2 hours feel punishingly long and boring.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

WELCOME

TO THA DOGGHOUSE

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
The brand split was really good up until the Bray Wyatt vs. Orton match at Wrestlemania. Then it fell off the rails super fast.

At least we'll probably get AJ vs. Nak out of it.

EDIT: This is all on the Smackdown side. RAW is just as good as it always has been.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
And drat if 205 Live isn't running on all cylinders right now the match quality has been super high for this tournament with PPV Calibre matches on the show every week.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

VJeff posted:

Probably me. (Well, the second part, anyway.) Currently SmackDown feels disjointed, slapdash and half-hearted; it’s full of indifference to the craft and performance of professional wrestling, and something like contempt for its audience in every regard except their piggy banks. And I’ve always preferred ambitious failures to passionless mediocrity :colbert:

and yes, this applies to some of RAW as well, give or take a couple of Monsters Among Men :)

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 14, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Le Saboteur posted:

And drat if 205 Live isn't running on all cylinders right now the match quality has been super high for this tournament with PPV Calibre matches on the show every week.

Might as well be empty arena matches, but hell yeah. Drew Gulak went full :black101: and I loved every second of it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It's the most WWE thing to have the Royal Rumble end perfectly with a match everyone wants to see only for them to potentially undo it one month later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My bae Dolph Ziggler :neckbeard:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

don't let flair know dolph is leaving early

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

I'm glad you're happy.

Seriously, I'm glad that someone can derive some joy from the ongoing trainwreck of SmackDown's main event scene

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Everyone has a bad wrestler they inexplicably love. Mine was Biker Chuck Palumbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdK4vaeLBIQ

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Boo hoo hoo.

You know it.

https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/963718878009462784

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Shinsuke should go to everyone who is not AJ and keep saying “you are a loser. AJ is a winner.”

Is shinsuke ever fighting Brock Lesnar?

Is Carmella ever cashing in?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Im glad Bayley lost.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
The one good thing that could come out of Enzo being a trash human being is 205 Live being fixed up to be something people will actually care about and watch, but lord almighty the trade-off is not worth it and I wish Enzo had just not been just the worst in the first place and 205 kept on sucking.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still remember the smackdown collage TM, it was a good show with a good thread.

Rhyno Santa was legit disconcerting

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

NowonSA posted:

The one good thing that could come out of Enzo being a trash human being is 205 Live being fixed up to be something people will actually care about and watch, but lord almighty the trade-off is not worth it and I wish Enzo had just not been just the worst in the first place and 205 kept on sucking.

205live has been the consistently good wrestling show since it started.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

Benne posted:

So, to recap the title scenes:

Raw: 7-way match to determine a No. 1 contender
Raw women: 6-way match to determine champion
Smackdown: 5-way match to determine champion
Smackdown women: giant shrug emoji
Men's Rumble winner: Not on the card
Women's Rumble winner: Defending Mania title shot at the PPV

What's the point of a Royal Rumble if a billion people are going to get title shots anyway?
Strictly speaking Asuka's not defending her title shot - she gets it regardless of how her Nia Jax match goes. The most she accomplishes in that match is keeping Nia Jax out of the title shot.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rarity posted:

He's real bad

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The promo that Rusev and Lana did after their win was really sweet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Suplex Liberace posted:

What really bugs me is that Neville going down there was considered a demotion but he loving made his "King of the Cruiserweights" gimmick work and his promos became so much better than they'd ever been before. Then they threw that all away to give the belt to Enzo, then didn't follow through on their promise to Neville to push him as a heavyweight again, so Neville walked out and then Enzo got fired anyway for being a loving idiot so none of it was worth it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yeah but Gulak can't do his gimmick that went stale 3 months ago now.

Jerusalem posted:

What really bugs me is that Neville going down there was considered a demotion but he loving made his "King of the Cruiserweights" gimmick work and his promos became so much better than they'd ever been before. Then they threw that all away to give the belt to Enzo, then didn't follow through on their promise to Neville to push him as a heavyweight again, so Neville walked out and then Enzo got fired anyway for being a loving idiot so none of it was worth it.

The Enzo/Neville storyline clearly wasn't over yet.

I mean they probably wouldn't have anyway, but he started complaining too early.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Raw and Smackdown Head writer the Road Dogg Jesse James.

Bitch America needs 2/3rds of the world to live in abject poverty to barely function and your president is a barely literate orange rapist.

Settle down Beavis. Also don't come at me about that piece of poo poo.

Also as overbooked as SD was I enjoyed watching it in a vacuum so what the gently caress ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
The Shane/Bryan/KO/Sami angle hasn't made sense for a while now and I don't know who I'm supposed to hate or like because none of them are acting even remotely consistently. Shades of grey can work but not like this. It doesn't help that they have to book worthless episodes in preparation for B PPVs over a month away.

I'm still fine with the brand split as a concept but the fact that we constantly have angles that go on for several months beyond their expiration date is inexcusable with the roster pool they have.

• Locked thread