Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Federal Balling Individual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm making a separate post for this because it's very important.

Youtube TV just added TNT to their base package. Life is incredibly good.

I got sling tv bc I can get TNT/NBAt/ESPN/RedZone for a really good price...is YouTube tv better??

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

G-Hawk posted:

jimbo had a step back attempt go awry. 5 lashes.

The fatal hesi stepback jimbo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I got sling tv bc I can get TNT/NBAt/ESPN/RedZone for a really good price...is YouTube tv better??

I've never used Sling tbh but I've enjoyed YoutubeTV quite a bit.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

More importantly, unless there are some massive moves (which is possible) I don't know what team that can offer Lebron a max would be better than the current Cavaliers squad, especially given they can make one more move with the Nets pick if they want. I don't think Lebron moves to go be a 2nd round team in the West.

Philly I guess, but that just feels weird.

Ive thought a lot about it and signing Lebron means you have to trade Simmons. I can't see them playing together optimally.*

You could get tons for Simmons tho.

* unless Lebron plays more like an off ball 3 and D wing but what is the point in that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

More importantly, unless there are some massive moves (which is possible) I don't know what team that can offer Lebron a max would be better than the current Cavaliers squad, especially given they can make one more move with the Nets pick if they want. I don't think Lebron moves to go be a 2nd round team in the West.

Philly I guess, but that just feels weird.

Sign and trade with Wiggins' new albatross and some salary filler. Add in a pick or two I guess if you have to.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man it doesn't matter who they get to host the Ringer basketball podcast, it's always awful.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rick posted:

Man it doesn't matter who they get to host the Ringer basketball podcast, it's always awful.

Ben Goliver has been growing on me. He's a complete rear end in a top hat which is funny.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
It looks like the Rockets assembled a roster that exists solely to embarrass of Karl Anthony Towns's defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3vnz9IG6NQ

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
What are you guys spending on YouTube TV? My wife signed us up for DIRECTV NOW during one of their promotions and I really like it. I think after the promotion we'll be spending $50 a month for more channels that I really need, but it gets me NBATV, MLBTV, FS1, Fox Sports Midwest/Indiana, CBS Sports Network, and a few other sports channels.

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

dokmo posted:

It looks like the Rockets assembled a roster that exists solely to embarrass of Karl Anthony Towns's defense.

KAT would be playing a lot better if Thibs was allowed to yell at him without fear of getting T’d up.

But for real, I thought he was supposed to be “putting it together” on defense this year. I haven’t watched a lot of Timberwolves games this year, was this game an exception or is he still this terrible on defense?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I learned today that Thibs coached the Sixers for two years in the 90s. I completely do not remember that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pubic works project posted:

What are you guys spending on YouTube TV? My wife signed us up for DIRECTV NOW during one of their promotions and I really like it. I think after the promotion we'll be spending $50 a month for more channels that I really need, but it gets me NBATV, MLBTV, FS1, Fox Sports Midwest/Indiana, CBS Sports Network, and a few other sports channels.

$35 a month

Sheriff posted:

KAT would be playing a lot better if Thibs was allowed to yell at him without fear of getting T’d up.

But for real, I thought he was supposed to be “putting it together” on defense this year. I haven’t watched a lot of Timberwolves games this year, was this game an exception or is he still this terrible on defense?

He still has problems sometimes but he's been significantly better since the sixers game a few months ago. Also most of those pick and roll plays looks like KAT was switching to prevent easy drives but for whatever reason the other guy stuck to the ballhandler too and left the guy he should have switched to open.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

dokmo posted:

I hate that this is a thing (but it's totally a thing).

Sheriff posted:

I haven't been watching Timberwolves games regularly, partially because of timing not working out, but mostly because of anxiety and how poorly our defensive execution is.

Before the Embiid tweet about how awful Towns's defense is, KAT's defense was atrocious. Buckets would be yelling at him seemingly every other possession for not helping or loving up somehow, Taj would get mad, too. Then the Embiid tweet happened and he improved drastically for about three weeks, and then "gently caress The Wolves, It's January" rolled over the whole team and now he sucks again.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

I use Playstation Vue. I have the core package that is $45 a month and sports wise I get the the same channels you listed, although instead of Fox Sports Midwest I get NBCSports National and NBCSports Philadelphia which gives me Sixers, Flyers, Phillies games. Then during football season I may pay the $10 a month for the additional sports package where the only channel I give a poo poo about is Redzone

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The starting 5 for the Wolves have been improving defensively. The problem is that their bench is so incredibly garbage that it drags their defensive rating down.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

euphronius posted:

Ben Goliver has been growing on me. He's a complete rear end in a top hat which is funny.

I like Ben a lot, I've just accepted that he is absolutely going to infuriate me once a month. But he's in the right place as far as mentality goes and I can usually track the logic of his arguments even if I disagree. A while back someone called him the "Jimmy Butler of NBA reporters" and it really fits.

Open Floor is a good show.

----

I really like the picture quality of cable TV and the speed of cable internet but live in a market with a datacap so ultimately am going to move. But honestly it took the constant datacap penalties to actually make most streaming TV services + DSL cheaper than cable for me, I understand trying to get away from Cable if you have Comcast or Time Warner but I'm not actually sure the grass is greener otherwise (I have Cox and other until datacap it's been a mostly positive experience). SlingTV is the only one that had a lineup that I find workable but also has the most flaws. I plan on swapping over once the college basketball season ends just because I already have all my players to DVR setup and it takes like an hour and I don't want to do it again.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I pay $45 a month for much the same thing with Vue: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/channels/?smcid=explore-channels:cover:pdc:network:vue:home

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

You can make a mixtape of the Harden/Capella P&R against almost every team in the league. A lot of those examples were a "damned if you switch, damned if you stick to the roll man, damned if you Ice" situations. A bunch of other clips were Towns with his hand up on the guard and the shot went in. The shot at 1:35 was a pretty clean block and a bad foul call.

Capella ended up slightly below his season average in points at slightly above FG% in this game. Harden ended up right at season averages (though he scored a lot of points gunning at the end of the 4th after Towns sat. I'd bet his per-possession-scoring was below averages while Towns was out there).

These "Let me cherry pick a few possessions in a game with 200 of them" videos can tell any story you want. If you did a video of the 35/12 Towns put up in that same game Capella would look like a lovely defender too.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

You can make a mixtape of the Harden/Capella P&R against almost every team in the league. A lot of those examples were a "damned if you switch, damned if you stick to the roll man, damned if you Ice" situations. A bunch of other clips were Towns with his hand up on the guard and the shot went in. The shot at 1:35 was a pretty clean block and a bad foul call.

Capella ended up slightly below his season average in points at slightly above FG% in this game. Harden ended up right at season averages (though he scored a lot of points gunning at the end of the 4th after Towns sat. I'd bet his per-possession-scoring was below averages while Towns was out there).

These "Let me cherry pick a few possessions in a game with 200 of them" videos can tell any story you want.

He also included a few and-1s where Towns wasn't the one that fouled the guy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

I really like the picture quality of cable TV and the speed of cable internet but live in a market with a datacap so ultimately am going to move. But honestly it took the constant datacap penalties to actually make most streaming TV services + DSL cheaper than cable for me, I understand trying to get away from Cable if you have Comcast or Time Warner but I'm not actually sure the grass is greener otherwise (I have Cox and other until datacap it's been a mostly positive experience). SlingTV is the only one that had a lineup that I find workable but also has the most flaws. I plan on swapping over once the college basketball season ends just because I already have all my players to DVR setup and it takes like an hour and I don't want to do it again.

I only switched to streaming because my local cable carrier no longer carried Fox Sports New Orleans due to increased costs. No data caps from their internet service, though. I ended up choosing Vue over Sling due to the DVR and able to stream from five devices at once. I don't know if those are things it has over Sling anymore and I haven't really checked out the competitors of YouTube TV or Hulu Live.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Lockback posted:

These "Let me cherry pick a few possessions in a game with 200 of them" videos can tell any story you want. If you did a video of the 35/12 Towns put up in that same game Capella would look like a lovely defender too.

Have you not watched any of my videos before? I don't exactly do fair and balanced.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

dokmo posted:

Have you not watched any of my videos before? I don't exactly do fair and balanced.

Yeah but this one is about the TWolves!!!!!!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kibner posted:

I only switched to streaming because my local cable carrier no longer carried Fox Sports New Orleans due to increased costs. No data caps from their internet service, though. I ended up choosing Vue over Sling due to the DVR and able to stream from five devices at once. I don't know if those are things it has over Sling anymore and I haven't really checked out the competitors of YouTube TV or Hulu Live.

Yeah I had Sling, but we got rid of it because of: no DVR, not everything was on their On Demand option, and it would constantly buffer. Still no DVR with DirecTV Now, but it has everything we want On Demand.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

The point that I take away from that is if you saw Jimmy G Buckets putting that little effort in on defense you'd think he was dying of soul cancer.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lol the cavs eventually get to replace Cedi Osman and Jeff Green with Kevin Love.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

Cool Buff Man posted:

When they came with clips of Harden's lovely perimeter defense, I said nothing because I am not a fan of offensive players who create contact to get foul calls.

If you want a really damning video pull apart all of Wiggins missed shots from last night. He played worse than even his bad box score showed.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Sign and trade with Wiggins' new albatross and some salary filler. Add in a pick or two I guess if you have to.

The Cavs traded Wiggins once, they don't want him. And he's very very bad at basketball

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

I have DirecTV Now and, while I like the number of channels I get for 50 bucks, it somehow chugs horribly, even though I have Google Fiber. Like watching any live sporting event on there is an adventure where it looks great for five minutes, looks like trash for a few minutes and then looks decent after that. It's annoying as hell.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Lockback posted:

When they came with clips of Harden's lovely perimeter defense, I said nothing because I am not a fan of offensive players who create contact to get foul calls.

If you want a really damning video pull apart all of Wiggins missed shots from last night. He played worse than even his bad box score showed.

God, Wiggins was loving horrible last night. He missed drat near everything he put up and he’s not nearly good enough at defendingto contribute if his shot ain’t falling.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool article from Woj about the machinations of the Cleveland trades.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/Woj22432626/how-cleveland-cavaliers-changed-their-season-flurry-trades-adrian-wojnarowski

Not at all surprising: Working with the Kings sounds like a freakin headache.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AggressivelyStupid posted:

The Cavs traded Wiggins once, they don't want him. And he's very very bad at basketball

let me dream

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Derrick Rose and OKC are talking and I don't like it at all

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would be. But I thought it was gonna be real fuckin bad, so that ain't exactly high praise.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

let me dream

One Jimmy G Butler, please

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

anyone know if the Cavs would've taken Wiggins if they weren't picking who the Wolves wanted?

left to their own devices they mighta taken Exum

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I mean, if you're asking me if I would trade Jimmy for LeBron the answer is unequivocally yes. I love Jimmy but I'm not stupid.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Lockback posted:

Cool article from Woj about the machinations of the Cleveland trades.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/Woj22432626/how-cleveland-cavaliers-changed-their-season-flurry-trades-adrian-wojnarowski

Not at all surprising: Working with the Kings sounds like a freakin headache.

https://twitter.com/danfavale/status/963829312112812039

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
The main beef with Wiggins is that I'd rather have someone like loving Markannen at this point. Mostly cuz he's cheaper, can obvs shoot threes, and may or may not be just as good/bad at defense (I haven't looked that closely).

Noooooo, he's ours :(

oh, unless

IcePhoenix posted:

I mean, if you're asking me if I would trade Jimmy for LeBron the answer is unequivocally yes. I love Jimmy but I'm not stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dang I know people dislike LaMarcus but no need to be so rude

he's out too

• Locked thread