Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope everyone has a good valentines gaming day today. I am moving in with my fiancee this weekend, I am very excited about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I got my Retropie all set up with pretty much everything I could want, and aside from a few limitations (N64 games run very slowly, Dreamcast games load to a "set the system time" menu that I can't leave and locks me out of Retropie-level system controls, PSX games occasionally hitch for a second being read of an external drive, and Castlevania Rondo of Blood doesn't seem to want to load) I'm really happy with it. I hooked it up to the TV in the living room so I can play a level or two of something when I don't have the time to wait for Monster Hunter to load up and complete a hunt. Now I'm tempted to buy a simple capture card/passthrough to connect to it and maybe do some Let's Plays.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I got a call yesterday that my new TV is coming today instead of next Tuesday. Gonna hunt some mons to break it in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really want a new JRPG to play, so I bought Romancing SaGa 2 for Switch this morning.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Hello Feb chat.

Got dark souls 3 all setup after seeing the latest monthly. So far, it's my jam. Got through half of Dark Souls 1 and partook in a bit of demon's souls, DS2 and Bloodbourne at various peoples places. I'm very glad that the game itself runs a perfect 60 on my PC. It's almost like I've got to get used to the silky gameplay.

The World itself along with the setpieces are pretty insane to say the least.

Rolling around with a big ol greathammer mace and getting a hang of the combat system has been a fun experience. I even fought a giant tree!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

watching all the s rank scenes from fire emblem awakening. happy valentine's day

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i beat celeste and got engaged so this goon is having a very good valentine's day

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

that's the strangest game contest prize I've ever heard of but I hope you and Celeste will be very happy together

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I'm at work and I just want to play Dark Souls

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what's stopping you

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

suuma posted:

I'm at work and I just want to play Dark Souls

Roll around the floor and smack the boss, make your own Dark Souls

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i beat celeste and got engaged so this goon is having a very good valentine's day

Congrats! Getting married is the best feeling in the entire world. Get hyped.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Monster Hunter loving sucks and I hate it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What don't you like about it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I keep dying

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I keep dying

You should probably stop doing that

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Monster Fronter

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Monster Huntee

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I said come in! posted:

I really want a new JRPG to play, so I bought Romancing SaGa 2 for Switch this morning.

It's good congrats

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
It's kinda hosed up that they call the Hunter a monster right there on the box. Yeah she eats 25,000 calories a day and carries a 2 ton weapon and genocides species for fun, but who doesn't these days.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Monster Hunter's too daunting, I'm sticking with Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Saint Freak posted:

It's kinda hosed up that they call the Hunter a monster right there on the box. Yeah she eats 25,000 calories a day and carries a 2 ton weapon and genocides species for fun, but who doesn't these days.

My Hunter eating two turkeys and five pounds of shishkebab at every meat is #dietgoals

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

exquisite tea posted:

My Hunter eating two turkeys and five pounds of shishkebab at every meat is #dietgoals

I see you got the Veggie Platter

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

im having a gyro for lunch so i am also having a good valentines

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

oddium posted:

watching all the s rank scenes from fire emblem awakening. happy valentine's day

I'm watching all the Rune Factory scenes personally

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I watched some episodes of Dragon Ball Kai

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Andrast posted:

I watched some episodes of Dragon Ball Kai

Same here, I started rewatching it bc of DBFZ/

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I keep dying

Have you tried not getting hit? It's a pretty essential technique.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I typed in that Patreon link and I really wish I hadn't.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

I typed in that Patreon link and I really wish I hadn't.
are they horny? i mean that's probably redundant to say based on context clues

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

I'm watching all the Rune Factory scenes personally

i'm in full town crier gear clanging the big bell and yelling hm64 elli is canon

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Guavatin posted:

Monster Hunter's too daunting, I'm sticking with Cabela's Big Game Hunter Pro Hunts.

one time my dad wanted me to play this hunting sim he got and i immediately no scoped a bird out of the air and he went buck wild

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

#relationshipgoals

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The only Rune Factory characters I remember are S*ber and the cool elf detective you couldn't marry.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

My cousins had some ps1 hunting game and the deer were really aggressive in it and would just attack you on sight so it felt pretty reasonable to be gunning them down

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

HMMMMM

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like the art actually

its really appealing

I wont look at the Patreon though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010