Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Superman hearing people die horribly as he makes out with Lois Lane might be my new favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I can't imagine enjoying Ryan Reynolds quipping but hey, some people like Deadpool, some people also enjoy sounding.
My nightmare movie is like, Diablo Cody, Joss Whedon, and Shane Black creating an ensemble cast of quip-talk white people squad Ryan Reynolds, Emma stone, Juno era Ellen page, Robert Downey jr "we don't talk like human beings the movie" or just "white people: the movie" for short

O no not a quip

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Lemon posted:

Late to Eric chat but my favourite moment of his has got to be in the Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey episode when one of the other guys mentions that the Easter Bunny is also voiced by Frank Welker and he just lets out this guttural cry of despair, it loving kills me every time.

One of my favorite jokes in the whole show is "If you print off Frank Welker's imdb at work you will get fired!" or however that went.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I can't imagine enjoying Ryan Reynolds quipping but hey, some people like Deadpool, some people also enjoy sounding.
My nightmare movie is like, Diablo Cody, Joss Whedon, and Shane Black creating an ensemble cast of quip-talk white people squad Ryan Reynolds, Emma stone, Juno era Ellen page, Robert Downey jr "we don't talk like human beings the movie" or just "white people: the movie" for short

You leave Shane Black's name outta your mouth, fool.

Edit: God dammit I loving forgot to call in Last Boy Scout. gently caress!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Captain Hotbutt posted:

According to Chris Cabin's Twitter, he is reading Jim Belushi's "advice book" (Real Men Don't Apologize!: According to Jim) for the show. What they plan to glean from it, I have no idea.

Isn't Jim Belushi like, a quarter of the way to being an MRA?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Pretty sure the MRA movement first appeared when Belushi got wet and they popped out of his back like tennis balls.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

BigglesSWE posted:

I knew there was a bunch of Jesus stuff in MoS but having him be 33 years old is just stupidly obvious.

I haven't been to church in over 20 years and that poo poo still hit me like a ton of bricks.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
New time frame! Not longer than Star Wars, but longer than Raiders of the Lost Ark

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Men have rights too, Mark

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Its more like the MRA movement is a quarter of the way to being Jim Belushi.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Seriously, watch Taking Care of Business, Jim Belushi is Mammon.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

brb gonna go announce my Home Improvement vs According To Jim four-part comic crossover Kickstarter.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Welcome back to Ham Improvement, the podcast where we review nothing but steamed ham memes

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
A lot of Noo Yawhker insider baseball for the You've Got Mail episode.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

New Yorkers love to talk about NY

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

One of my favourite Eric moments is Cyber Seduction, the whole episode. You know he was sitting on that movie for a long time and cooking up serious jokes.

quote:

Jeremy's spoken but Justin's choking.

And finally getting to Maximum Overdrive, after Stay Tuning it for how long?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Captain Hotbutt posted:

A lot of Noo Yawhker insider baseball for the You've Got Mail episode.

It's the angriest I have ever seen Eric get

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

DoubleCakes posted:

One of my favourite Eric moments is Cyber Seduction, the whole episode. You know he was sitting on that movie for a long time and cooking up serious jokes.

"You should buy a guy an eggcream first!"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DoubleCakes posted:

"Rookie move, rear end in a top hat!" is still one of my favorite Eric deliveries.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

I think my absolute favorite Eric line is "BOOM! ROASTED!" but I cannot for the life of me remember what episode it was on. Maybe a mailbag?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

sponges posted:

New Yorkers love to talk about NY

hey gently caress you spiderman! go yankees

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I knew a guy who quoted Godfather all the time except instead of Godfather it was the Saw films

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

DoubleCakes posted:

I knew a guy who quoted Godfather all the time except instead of Godfather it was the Saw films

I can't even think of any quotes from those movies, except, "Would you like to play a game?" and "Game over". Was it just those over and over again? Or did they become super quotable after the third movie, when I stopped watching?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Or else this room / becomes your tomb ?
Hello...Zep.
He doesn't want us to saw through our chains...He wants us to saw through our-

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

RJWaters2 posted:

Or else this room / becomes your tomb ?
Hello...Zep.
He doesn't want us to saw through our chains...He wants us to saw through our-

I'll just trust you're right, because I don't remember any of these.

fake edit: Wait, that last one was Cary Elwes. Right. But how would that ever come up in conversation as some you'd quote?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Don't forget Saw's most memorable quote: The Scream of Anguish

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/963796668981415936

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/963807469284806657

We Hate Movies are talking about Dave Chappelle! MOM! Get in here!

Fart City posted:

I think my absolute favorite Eric line is "BOOM! ROASTED!" but I cannot for the life of me remember what episode it was on. Maybe a mailbag?

If we're doing mailbag stuff, which mailbag was it where Eric was talking about his childhood story of sitting on the toilet in class? They referenced it in Man of Steel.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

DoubleCakes posted:

"you gotta be a real palm pilot" and then Andrew asking how long Eric had been sitting on those jokes is one of my favourite WHM moments easily. Eric's awesome.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
All of these VFFGs (very funny fat guys) understand how comedy works and Eric Szyszka is a comedic genius.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orv9OJDUnWM

Truly a man of a million voices.

duz fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Feb 14, 2018

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

clown shoes posted:

All of these VFFGs (very funny fat guys) understand how comedy works and Eric Szyszka is a comedic genius.

Which is funny, because he's the only one without a real comedy background. The other three were all in a sketch comedy group called Private Cabin. Eric was just their buddy who joined them for the podcast.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Durandal1707 posted:

"you gotta be a real palm pilot" and then Andrew asking how long Eric had been sitting on those jokes is one of my favourite WHM moments easily. Eric's awesome.

“Welcome to our first written episode” destroys me every time I hear it

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I liked the 2 new Chappelle specials but imagine how much of a chode you have to be to leave anonymous messages because you're furious that your favorite podcasters hated them.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
The Trans jokes from Chappelle came off more as 'old man and out of touch' and hacky to me; not really offensive. They didn't make me instantly say 'gently caress this guy', but they made me roll my loving eyes and sort of cringe; but he didn't seem to have hate in his heart when he said it (which just makes him an old man and out of touch, as already stated).

I'm not defending or condemning, i'm just typing words into the empty void.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
As someone who grew up watching wrestling and listening to metal, I just assume that 90% of people I enjoy are actually monsters.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Big Bob Pataki posted:

I liked the 2 new Chappelle specials but imagine how much of a chode you have to be to leave anonymous messages because you're furious that your favorite podcasters hated them.

How much of a chode do you have to be to have a public meltdown about a person reading a menu or paying with a credit card?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Guy Mann posted:

How much of a chode do you have to be to have a public meltdown about a person reading a menu or paying with a credit card?

I think we have already established that everyone on this show are monsters and that's part of the reason we all listen.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Guy Mann posted:

You don’t live in NYC, I take it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm not a New Yorker, but I can't remember the last time I payed for anything with cash and don't understand why it's a big deal. Carrying around change loving sucks.

thrawn527 posted:

I can't even think of any quotes from those movies, except, "Would you like to play a game?" and "Game over". Was it just those over and over again? Or did they become super quotable after the third movie, when I stopped watching?

"YOU BASTAAAARRRRRD!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
“Awarrrrggghhhh my leg, I can't believe I'm SAWing through my oeg, ouuuuuch”