Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Phi230 posted:

Lighter mood lmao the prologue makes you bury the bodies of your parents while walking around hung bodies and mass graves

Yes. They try.
But there's no :cry: FEELS :cry:

I cried playing Witcher3. This isn't... that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Woohoo posted:

Yes. They try.
But there's no :cry: FEELS :cry:

I cried playing Witcher3. This isn't... that

You just rode past the three guys in the prologue, didn't you.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like how I yelled at the guy for grave robbing after I killed like 3 grave robbers and picked their corpses clean. Also how do you wash clothes in this game

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Taintrunner posted:

I like how I yelled at the guy for grave robbing after I killed like 3 grave robbers and picked their corpses clean. Also how do you wash clothes in this game

Use a water trough or pay for laundry services at the baths

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Isn’t yelling at the guy for grave robbing a specific dialog choice you have to make?

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Taintrunner posted:

Bathhouses.

I like how I told the Müller that stealing is totally wrong and I would never do it, only to learn pickpocketing immediately after.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

haldolium posted:

Bathhouses.

I like how I told the Müller that stealing is totally wrong and I would never do it, only to learn pickpocketing immediately after.

I felt like this actually caused a bit of moral dilemma. I’m playing my Henry pretty straight up, but I owed the Miller for saving my rear end so I agreed to doing some less savory poo poo.

It’s hard on the mean streets of Bohemia, man.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Why can’t I walk up the stairs?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Save anywhere mod working ok?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

VulgarandStupid posted:

Why can’t I walk up the stairs?

Historically accurate

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

haldolium posted:

This has absolutely nothing in common with The Witcher. I really wonder why people keep asking that question.

There's swords, lords, and the peasants have poo poo all over them.

Virtually the same game.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Firstborn posted:

Save anywhere mod working ok?

Yes but you're not supposed to load "anywhere". It messes with NPC routines a bit. Waiting 24 hours seem to fix them tho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BurntCornMuffin posted:

There's swords, lords, and the peasants have poo poo all over them.

Virtually the same game.

also you can have sex and there's gratutious rape so it's basically the witcher 2

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Pebbles is no Roach, God be praised

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

VanillaGorilla posted:

I felt like this actually caused a bit of moral dilemma. I’m playing my Henry pretty straight up, but I owed the Miller for saving my rear end so I agreed to doing some less savory poo poo.

It’s hard on the mean streets of Bohemia, man.

I'm kind of playing Henry like Garret from Thief. Trying to be decent as much as he can, but not afraid to resort to violence, and helping himself to the belongings of people who might not deserve to be robbed because a man's gotta eat.

It fits better with my image of Henry as basically a common thug with a jumped up sense of importance rather than this miraculous holy knight Batman.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

" that dude needs to stop talking poo poo about our trash emperor"

"let's own him by handling feces with our bare hands"

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Rode in early morning
FIREFLIES :holy:

Attention to detail is pretty insane sometimes

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Chad Jihad posted:

" that dude needs to stop talking poo poo about our trash emperor"

"let's own him by handling feces with our bare hands"

Historically accurate to 1400 Bohemia.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
It’s funny that the Obsidian team tweeted at the devs, this game is giving me serious Obsidian vibes because it’s a good game riddled with bugs and odd design decisions.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Someone mentioned +2 Vitality perk or something from beating a drunk. Which drunk is that?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

Someone mentioned +2 Vitality perk or something from beating a drunk. Which drunk is that?

All I know is I got a +2 vitality permanent buff in the very first town and it showed up right after fistfighting the drunk guy who won't pay your dad. The fight where he attacks you after you fail the speech check.

It's visible under buffs, as "resistance."

Can't figure out how to get the alleged lockpicks from fritz though.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

All I know is I got a +2 vitality permanent buff in the very first town and it showed up right after fistfighting the drunk guy who won't pay your dad. The fight where he attacks you after you fail the speech check.

Huh. Interesting. Would you mind screenshotting the buff? I'm really curious what it's called / saying.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

iGestalt posted:

Someone said it was the one who owes your dad money, but I didn't get poo poo from beating him. You do get a +2 vitality perk from picking enough thorny plants like nettles, though.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

iGestalt posted:

Huh. Interesting. Would you mind screenshotting the buff? I'm really curious what it's called / saying.

I think I lost that sequence of events in a crash but I'll try to recreate.

Edit: ahhh I picked up a SHITLOAD of nettles, that explains. Sorry!

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

I think I lost that sequence of events in a crash but I'll try to recreate.

Edit: ahhh I picked up a SHITLOAD of nettles, that explains. Sorry!

Now we know! Cool :D

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

I think it was before the poop flinging happened. I had checked out the drunkard's house earlier, had an optional sidequest to get lockpicks for the drunkard's chest and spoke to Fritz and he gave them to me. I might be hazy on details but that is what I remember at least.

SlightlyMad fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Feb 14, 2018

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

SlightlyMad posted:

I think it was before the poop flinging happened. I had checked out the drunkard's house earlier, had an optional sidequest to get lockpicks for the drunkard's chest and spoke to Fritz and he gave them to me.

Yeah - I broke into his house and found a locked test. Then Henry went "Oh, I need some lockpicks, I bet Fritz has some!" and I got a quest objective to find and talk to him. He gave me 4.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

My armoured helmet was only partially removed for this cutscene. Left me with a colorful wreath floating above me like a halo

maninthesuit
Jul 13, 2017

Phi230 posted:

All I had to do to rescue Theresa was run up behind one of the rapists and smack him in the back of the head with my sword

A bigger question in my mind Is If you can beat/hold off Runt in Skalitz

Considering what happens pretty much sets up the core plot for the next act of the game, I'd say no. Or if you can, then a cut-scene will pretend you didn't.
Personal experience, Baldy just ignored my poke to the eyes and one-shotted me from full health.

I'm 15 hours in now and about post-prologue Henry I have one important observation to make. You goddamn (spoilerish criticism follows) arrogant, hotheaded, reckless, loose-tongued IDIOT! Eat the humble-pie and stop antagonizing little future Wencelas! You were born in a strict class-based society so act like it!
I'm not joking here. Pa may be the biggest and most famous badass in Prague. But he did a drat poor job raising Henry. Everything that's happened to him post-prologue so far is squarely Henry's fault.

Also, Captain Bernard jailed me for hurting people. When the only thing getting hurt was my face in the training square. I have no idea what the hell happened there, but fortunately I'd taken a save/nap just before my training so I reloaded and pretended it never happened.

The cut-scenes I've noticed treat your gear as a suggestion. Henry will wear the armour you've equipped, but his helmet tends to vanish and his weapon will default to a longsword-looking thing.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Someone made a mod that removes those weird arrow trails

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/7

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Don't get lost Palpek :ohdear:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I got a "Game Over: You Have Died in Jail" cutscene and ending in the intro. GOTY?

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

SlightlyMad posted:

Lockpicking mod added to OP. I will add only selected quality of life mods as they are introduced in the thread. Maybe if the number of mods grows to all hell, we will need a separate thread for those later?

Let's hope any patches in the future won't break all mods...

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned of this...

Good to hear they are working on the lock picking mechanic though. I want the challenge, but what they have now is just poorly thought out/too big a learning curve.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

quote:

fuf says:
There's a mod out to skip lockpicking:
https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/3

Does anyone enjoy lockpicking? I'm honestly serious... I personally think this mod is a massive quality of life improvement.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin
Well, I caved and installed the save anywhere mod after losing 45 minutes of play after a random rear end pickpocket detection. Honestly, I'm amazed they went for this save system with the way pickpocketing is almost entirely luck based it seems. The game did become even more enjoyable being able to save more often! Having a great time with it. If they optimize performance a bit and uncrapify certain mechanics it'll be a truly great game.

Edit: now that I have like 5 or 6 levels in lockpicking I can consistently open hard locks without too much trouble. It was indeed really rough at the start, and I can't say anything about controllers, but it's absolutely fine with the mouse at this point.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Does anyone enjoy lockpicking? I'm honestly serious... I personally think this mod is a massive quality of life improvement.

I find it to be fine. Enjoy it? I mean, no, no more than I enjoy it in any game. I'm baffled by how difficult some people find it, though.

Is it a mouse/keyboard issue (I'm on PS4) that's the problem? Or is it that people just can't figure it out?

Pickpocketing, now, THAT'S a huge problem, since detection seems to be entirely random at the "charge" phase. Sometimes I can get to 10-11 seconds on a guard standing on the corner, sometimes I get detected by sleeping people after 2 seconds of "charge" time.

Edit: vvvvvvv No, it's very easy with a controller vvvvvvvvv

Coldforge fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 14, 2018

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I'm on PC and I think the lock picking is a bit annoying but generally fine. I imagine it's probably worse on console.

Krolm
Nov 10, 2004

friendly and non-threatening

Bleak Gremlin

Coldforge posted:

Pickpocketing, now, THAT'S a huge problem, since detection seems to be entirely random at the "charge" phase. Sometimes I can get to 10-11 seconds on a guard standing on the corner, sometimes I get detected by sleeping people after 2 seconds of "charge" time.

This is exactly how I feel about it, which is just hilarious in combination with the out of the box save system (by hilarious I mean painful)

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I consider the pickpocket experience to be far worse than the lockpick game. At least the lockpick game isn't arbitrary and entirely luck based.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna throw out my KCD hot take and say the pick pocketing mechanic is interesting and has potential