Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

Gatts posted:

"WIN! BUT WIN IN BULK! Just need a Costco Membership!" with rooms more luxurious but cheaper than what's around it.
Costco would be a hostel. Entire rooms 10% more expensive than the nearest hotel, but have six beds in each instead of one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Math You posted:

Also there needs to be a Costco stadium where concessions are the food court items. The tickets will sell themselves...

Safeco Field is up for naming rights next year!
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports...campaign=buffer

Hell ya!

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Kirkland Field at Costco Stadium

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Bloodplay it again posted:

I didn't realize the pizza was cooked on the same machine that the dough is flattened on.

ok I finally just watched them make a pizza Monday night and I have no idea why I thought it was cooked on the dough presser. maybe cause I'm an idiot but more likely Wal-mart chemtrails sent by the devil Walton family trying to get me to stray from the Church

Someone give me some hot tips on what to get for chilled/prepared food. The stuffed peppers have been my favorite so far, but the bulgogi and chicken salad are in a close second and third. Couldn't really get into the ravioli lasagna. The rotisserie chicken was pretty good but I admittedly just pulled it all and made chicken noodle soup so I don't know how it stands on its own. Prob gonna hit up that salad from Greece next time we're there.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Can you imagine stadium foods at Costco prices? I will pray for this

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I could almost see them do the $1.50 dogs at the stadium but you have to flash your membership card first.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sometimes when I have visitors, I'll throw their seasoned wings on the grill. Their seasoned pork medallions and baby back ribs are good to barbecue as well.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I wish my apartment had a bigger freezer so I can fit more costco products in there.

I bought a box of that mochi ice cream and I mostly ate it just because it was always in the way (it's real loving good though)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Meydey posted:

Hell ya!

:pray:

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Meydey posted:

Hell ya!

May the Mariners be blessed with a playoff appearance if the organization embraces the land of thee Costco Stadium

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

TheManWithNoName posted:

Can you imagine admission to a ball game at Costco prices :swoon:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

I hope I will be able to buy season tickets at Costco at a massive discount. PBUC

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

The Hambulance posted:

Can you imagine admission to a ball game at Costco prices :swoon:

Sold in packs of 36 seats.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Mo_Steel posted:

It's fine I'll put 34 of them in the freezer for later.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
We just bought the chest freezer and a Foodsaver over the weekend. Over 25 years as a Costco member and never had a dedicated freezer.
It's on now.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Mo_Steel posted:

Cool the Mariners might finally sell out some games.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Mercedes stadium in Atlanta does pretty much this and they are DiSrUpTiNG the industry!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Mercedes stadium in Atlanta does pretty much this and they are DiSrUpTiNG the industry!

Looks like I'm moving to Atlanta.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

My Citi Visa rewards cert came and I'm looking to blow it on a TV. Was going to use it toward a fancy Samsung but the $339 TCL 55inch 4K has me questioning if it's worth paying more. I figure with a 7-year warranty (Costco+Citi+SquareTrade) there's minimal risk involved.

Anybody have one?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
It's a great TV for what it is, you won't be disappointed.

The only thing that may upset you later on is that major enhancements seem to be filtering down to the budget TV lines starting in 2018, so in as little as 3 months or so you would be able to get a better set with more features for a pretty similar price.

As long as that doesn't bother you, you're good to go!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the spirit of yospos tells you: don't get smart tv's, lol
internet of things is the internet of poo poo

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Argyle posted:

My Citi Visa rewards cert came and I'm looking to blow it on a TV. Was going to use it toward a fancy Samsung but the $339 TCL 55inch 4K has me questioning if it's worth paying more. I figure with a 7-year warranty (Costco+Citi+SquareTrade) there's minimal risk involved.

Anybody have one?

poo poo I've got a $330 reward coming my way and my TV is only 28". Gonna have to think about this

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the spirit of yospos tells you: don't get smart tv's, lol
internet of things is the internet of poo poo

kinda hard when everything is a smart tv

you don't have to connect it to wifi if you don't though (the roku on the TCL is probably one of the least offensives and provides an opt-out for display tracking.)

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

If Costco still has the C803 for $430 I would say to get that because the backlight is brighter and it can do Dolby Cinema in addition to HD10

If not, the TCL S series is the best budget TV on the market today.

naem
May 29, 2011

I didn't know my tv was smart until YouTube asked if I wanted to put a vid on my phone onto the tv and I was just flabbergasted let me tell you

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

FCKGW posted:

kinda hard when everything is a smart tv

you don't have to connect it to wifi if you don't though (the roku on the TCL is probably one of the least offensives and provides an opt-out for display tracking.)

Roku/TCL are actually one of the worst offenders. Not only for the spying/selling of your viewing data by default, but also because "Roku devices have a totally unsecured remote control API enabled by default,” says Eason Goodale, Disconnect’s lead engineer. “This means that even extremely unsophisticated hackers can take control of Rokus. It’s less of a locked door and more of a see-through curtain next to a neon ‘We’re open!’ sign." The other brands generally make you accept a ToS page before you can use the TV. Here's another link on how to disable this sort of tracking.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bloodplay it again posted:

Roku/TCL are actually one of the worst offenders. Not only for the spying/selling of your viewing data by default, but also because "Roku devices have a totally unsecured remote control API enabled by default,” says Eason Goodale, Disconnect’s lead engineer. “This means that even extremely unsophisticated hackers can take control of Rokus. It’s less of a locked door and more of a see-through curtain next to a neon ‘We’re open!’ sign." The other brands generally make you accept a ToS page before you can use the TV. Here's another link on how to disable this sort of tracking.

If you're on the same WiFi network. So you need to either break into the victim's network or have them download malware to do limited functions with the remote.

Also you can completely opt-out of ACR on Roku. It's not even enabled by default, it's an option to select during setup. I know because I set up one of these TVs a few months ago.

Consumer Reports is getting real bad with their sensational crap lately.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i got a hotdog and a soda today

wasnt at costco but was thinkin about costco

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Suppose this may be the place to ask. Dr. Bonnar's castile soap... Burns my rear end in a top hat. That means it's working, yea?

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Grem posted:

Suppose this may be the place to ask. Dr. Bonnar's castile soap... Burns my rear end in a top hat. That means it's working, yea?

All of my parts burn when I slather on the good Dr. Hell yeah that poo poo works. ALL-ONE!

edit: If you guys are into documentaries, the one about Bronner is interesting. http://magicsoapbox.vhx.tv/ Dude was mental

DustyNuts fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Feb 15, 2018

fivehead
Jul 11, 2017

Americans Need Cash Now

Grem posted:

i think you need to dilute it. especially if you're using pepper mint or a sting-ey essential oil

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Grem posted:

Just the mint one does. You can get an unsented version (maybe not at Costco) and use it as-is or drop in your own essential oils for whatever scents you want. We get Castile soap and I like to mix it with a pine oil so I can smell like real man/pine forrest

Edit
Also yeah don't use it straight. I go 50/50 with water but we have a water softener so if you don't you might need more soap.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Argyle posted:

Anybody have one?

I bought one for a little over $400 at church several months back and I've been so pleased with it that I recently purchased a second one (49 inch) for my spare bedroom. 4K is awesome and after gaming on it, I can't go back to 1080p.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Yea I got the 55 inch TCL S series TV, paid $350 before taxes in December for it. $330 is awesome.

The only complaint I have with it is that the TV speakers seem extra lovely. I was ok with the TV speakers on the 55" Toshiba that the TCL replaced, but I had to pick up a sound bar for this TV.

The built in Roku is snappy and fast though. I resisted getting a Smart TV in 2013 when I bought my Toshiba because all Smart TV UI looked like pulling teeth, but I'm glad to see they're in a good state now.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Thinkin bout a insanely reasonably priced dog in my mouth

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a dog in the mouth is worth two in the hand

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Anyone know when the giant box of tennis balls goes on sale? My dogs are almost out :ohdear:

Edit: not the hot kind of dog

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Waiting for a specific thing to go on sale at Costco is usually a terrible idea unless you know what you're doing.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
If it were next month then I would wait, if it’s summer, then I wouldn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Going to church today