Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

as if it's not going to leak on the internet before the show even starts

yeah that's the best part. at least 3/4 of the bracket is gonna be public knowledge well ahead of time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Timby posted:

I hadn't realized Vasgersian had gone to ESPN. He's really good.

He loving sucks and his weird insistence on calling players property is gross.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

MourningView posted:

He loving sucks and his weird insistence on calling players property is gross.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

WEEI got racist as gently caress again

https://twitter.com/bomani_jones/status/962319367081025536

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Oh he's been suspended for five days for that.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

GobiasIndustries posted:

Football also has a gigantic infrastructure, from high school and earlier probably it's a money maker in many parts of the country. It'll evolve (somehow) or die off but it's gonna take a hell of a lot longer than boxing.

A couple of years ago I flew from Chicago to Atlanta on a 7 pm flight on a Friday in the fall. There was always a football stadium with the lights on within sight during the entire duration of the flight.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/962383395341836290

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/cnbc-airs-stoppage-time-dong-nsfw-1822907790

:dong:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/963124294137004032

well that's a new one

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Here's my favorite part, from later in the story:

quote:

We reached out to Guzze, who tells TMZ Sports, “Mark Gordon has taken this too far. Aaron Hernandez is a very sensitive story and I’ve made him aware on multiple occasions that no one is doing this story but the family and the original partners that were closely tied to Aaron and his estate.”

He added, “There is more to come, concerning Aaron’s story, and by making this a public spectacle, I feel it’s just throwing gasoline on the fire.”

Yeah man, HE'S the one throwing gasoline on the fire, not you talking about holding street gangs at bay.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Here's my favorite part, from later in the story:

Yeah man, HE'S the one throwing gasoline on the fire, not you talking about holding street gangs at bay.

hahaha that's great.

NBC dumped Joshua Cooper Ramo for his moron comments about South Korea and Japan

quote:

NBC’s apology here makes sense, as does their decision to not work with Ramo any further. But the time delay here makes this particularly interesting, as this easily could have been prevented if a producer with some sense of the history involved and the potential controversy from these comments had been empowered to edit them out. Ramo’s comments were not live; NBC streamed the opening ceremony beginning at 6 a.m. Eastern Friday, but only featured a raw world feed with natural sound. The produced feed with Tirico, Couric, and Ramo only aired 14 hours later at 8 p.m. Eastern as part of NBC’s primetime coverage. So, there was seemingly plenty of opportunity to recognize that this would be controversial (and really, it shouldn’t have been that hard to figure out that comments comparing Japan and South Korea would be touchy) and to take it out. But that didn’t happen, and this controversy came about as a result.

jesus christ NBC

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I can actually the first few sentences of an Awful Announcing story and know whether it's Andrew Bucholtz writing it or not because boy does he like writing almost double the words than are actually needed to get the story across

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh yeah he's wordy as gently caress

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Holy gently caress the guy is co-CEO of the Henry Kissinger consulting firm. Of course he thinks a little mass rape and military occupation is no big deal

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Doug Gottlieb has a piece on The Athletic where he reflects back on his credit card theft and relating it to the story of the UCLA players shoplifting while on a trip to China this past fall.

He comes awfully close to self-awareness and sympathizes with the UCLA kids, and I could understand his annoyance with people that still bring up his issues, but it's hard to buy it all when he continues to play the holier-than-thou character card in so many other cases.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

DJExile posted:

Doug Gottlieb has a piece on The Athletic where he reflects back on his credit card theft and relating it to the story of the UCLA players shoplifting while on a trip to China this past fall.

He comes awfully close to self-awareness and sympathizes with the UCLA kids, and I could understand his annoyance with people that still bring up his issues, but it's hard to buy it all when he continues to play the holier-than-thou character card in so many other cases.

Yeah I read it yesterday and I came very close to buying it all. But I don't know, it seemed more like he was patting himself on the back for overcoming the problems he caused for himself by stealing from other people. Maybe he just focused too much on "I'm so much better of a person because I did this" and not enough self-awareness of how lovely what he did was, even if in the realm of sports it actually wasn't the most egregious thing.

Reminded me a little bit of that old Onion video about the college basketball player overcoming the hardship of committing a rape.

edit: This one

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 13, 2018

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Yeah Doug people are going to keep bringing up the time you stole a credit card when you keep saying stupid poo poo like "college athletes can't be paid it would ruin sports forever"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I really don't have that big a problem with Doug's crime. Yeah he did a dumbass thing and he paid for it. The tough part is that disconnect between knowing he hosed up (and knowing that's easy to have happen with college kids), while at the same time still wagging his finger at any CHARACTER ISSUES!!! that he feels like giving his hot takes on.

His empathy seems to begin and end specifically with those UCLA kids, which is really strange.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

In response to Fauria's racist skit on WEEI, Comcast and City of Boston Credit Union have pulled all advertising from the station

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nice

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

DJExile posted:

Oh yeah he's wordy as gently caress

he could be worse, he could be Billy Haisley

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

he could be worse, he could be Billy Haisley

that's like, one of the lowest possible bars to clear though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Doug Gottlieb can eat poo poo

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WEEI/status/963816460605943808

lmao this isn't going to change poo poo

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Lol at those replies, weep for America because we can't do big racisms

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

like they've been doing this kind of poo poo for years

like it's gonna change overnight

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Their shows and callers on monday are really gonna be something

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol at those replies, weep for America because we can't do big racisms

Those same people probably get their dick hard over capitalism when this is a perfect example of capitalism working for the good.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I feel like WEEI sensitivity training is them reminding staff to call them coloreds instead of the n-word

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Man i'd love to be a fly on the wall for that training

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I bet they show this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1X0kzDKXyQ

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/963870771067076608

they're really going all in on this live event strategy

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah it seems like they're trying to go back to the Fox of the mid 90s

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So if you ever wondered whta it would actually take to get suspended by Barstool, turns out it's pedophelia

E: Oh nevermind. Barstool hasn't done poo poo to him. Just the San Francisco station he also works for.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

DJExile posted:

Man i'd love to be a fly on the wall for that training

SULLY! check out the rack on the smokah getting the tv set up for this gay meeting

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/963906323308888064

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DJExile posted:

So if you ever wondered whta it would actually take to get suspended by Barstool, turns out it's pedophelia

E: Oh nevermind. Barstool hasn't done poo poo to him. Just the San Francisco station he also works for.

something something something Smokeshow Junior

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Noticed more than a few of their deranged supporters pointing out the places where 17 is legal

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

DJExile posted:

Attraction to post-pubescent women isn't pedophilia, even if they are underage. Probably better to get on them for the boorish poo poo they actually did?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh god.