Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Disappointing Pie posted:

The Giant Beastcast of Giantbomb.com mentioned East Side Dave today on their podcast when talking about the Billy Mitchell score controversy. It was a very weird thing as I haven’t heard anyone speak the words ESD in probably ten years since I quit listening to Ron and Fez.
Wha? I can't even properly guess what connection they made there. Is ESD secretly a Donkey Kong pro? Or is it just that he claims to be great at everything ever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
They used to call up Billy Mitchell a ton on Special Delivery right?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

CrashCat posted:

Wha? I can't even properly guess what connection they made there. Is ESD secretly a Donkey Kong pro? Or is it just that he claims to be great at everything ever?

Apparently ESD had Billy on his show to defend himself.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Here's a good comp. vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAiG9jaqKug

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

FAWK YEAH!!!!

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Who gives a poo poo

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I was watching Sam Raimi's Spiderman last night with my kid and had a sensible chuckle at this nerd's one line appearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFvIdTbaMhA

(He's talking about Spiderman)

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
“Surly truck driver”

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
https://youtu.be/AnA5a8as11w

This is gold boys. Bono and Ira.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

To Battle posted:

https://youtu.be/AnA5a8as11w

This is gold boys. Bono and Ira.

Ira laughing before the punchline will never not be funny.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Just leave it alone.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Kevin Brennan absolutely buried Compound Media on Jim and Sam today.

He walked away from it because he was getting stiffed for cash for various reasons and he was blaming a lot of it on them needing money to keep Artie on the network even though he is "a fat junkie" who barely shows up. He also made fun of the fact that Artie showed up an hour and a half late a couple of days ago and Anthony tried to brush it off like nothing was wrong.

He also thinks Bill Schultz is terrible and was only signed because he used to be on Fox News.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

spudsbuckley posted:

Kevin Brennan absolutely buried Compound Media on Jim and Sam today.

He walked away from it because he was getting stiffed for cash for various reasons and he was blaming a lot of it on them needing money to keep Artie on the network even though he is "a fat junkie" who barely shows up. He also made fun of the fact that Artie showed up an hour and a half late a couple of days ago and Anthony tried to brush it off like nothing was wrong.

He also thinks Bill Schultz is terrible and was only signed because he used to be on Fox News.

timestamp pls

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Stefan Prodan posted:

They used to call up Billy Mitchell a ton on Special Delivery right?

Yes, but also Billy Mitchell was recently on ESD's Compound Media show.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZrH1dxZ308

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I don't feel sorry for him, trying to be "talent" in radio is a huge gamble and you're never secure in your job unless you reach the peak. He is a no name comic who was probably lucky to have his slot.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

T Bowl posted:

I don't feel sorry for him, trying to be "talent" in radio is a huge gamble and you're never secure in your job unless you reach the peak. He is a no name comic who was probably lucky to have his slot.

But enough about Anthony

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

T Bowl posted:

It's not radio tho it's some alcoholics glorified youtube channel that only the world's dumbest neo nazis pay 90 USD a year for

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah but it's the same structure, ratings or you get shafted.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Maybe they should be more invested in paying the verizon bill than ratings

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Perhaps, no clue. I just know I can't imagine Kevin Brennan being much of a draw.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's not radio tho it's some alcoholics glorified youtube channel that only the world's dumbest neo nazis pay 90 USD a year for

jesus, is that how much it costs? I'd pay $5 a month absolute tops, and that's only if i thought it was gonna be any good instead of just sad and awkward

red19fire
May 26, 2010

T Bowl posted:

Perhaps, no clue. I just know I can't imagine Kevin Brennan being much of a draw.

He’s mostly riding his brother’s fame iirc, and his shtick is being grating to the point of pissing people around him off. Which is why the last time I heard him mentioned, it was because he got his cohost on his riot cast show angry to the point of almost getting his rear end kicked.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Apparently Colin Quinn had a heart attack yesterday. :(

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That sucks

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

Colin is the man, hope he recovers.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

On todays Jim and Sam show Kevin Brennan tore into compound media and especially Artie Lange for being fuckups. He repeatedly said sarcastically that hiring a fat junkie is a sound business decision. He also said he got the flu from not reading the side effects of his heroin, and thats why he missed his show on Monday as a joke.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Disappointing Pie posted:

The Giant Beastcast of Giantbomb.com mentioned East Side Dave today on their podcast when talking about the Billy Mitchell score controversy. It was a very weird thing as I haven’t heard anyone speak the words ESD in probably ten years since I quit listening to Ron and Fez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234Y76_3YPE&t=550s

East Side Dave getting the most press he's ever had off this Donkey Kong thing

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Goblin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=234Y76_3YPE&t=550s

East Side Dave getting the most press he's ever had off this Donkey Kong thing

Does ESD really have somebody playing old-timey piano when he tries to make a dramatic point? That must get old fast.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Does ESD really have somebody playing old-timey piano when he tries to make a dramatic point? That must get old fast.

I've never watched a full episode of the show but that's always my favorite part of the clips I've seen

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
https://twitter.com/bobo103nyc/status/965347111373066241

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Knock it off, spades!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Well, when you put it that way...

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bobo getting stabbed while on patrol with the guardian angels would be an amazing end to his story.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

taping with a cell phone lol.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

To Battle posted:

taping with a cell phone lol.

got you on tape. heh heh

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The guy can’t even spell his dog’s name.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

TL posted:

The guy can’t even spell his dog’s name.

I thought he said his schnoodle was a quote “bitch” as well.

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

Pro tip: follow Black Earl on Twitter for exciting hourly updates on his struggles against the MTA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
Anthony’s Opie-style man on the street pop up video is the first time he’s made me laugh in a long time.