Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
how is the sword fighting in this game compared to chivalry: medieval warfare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I am getting major stuttering just walking through the beginner town on medium settings. GeForce 1060 so not the best on the market but it's so bad it actually freezes up my whole system, even while typing this minimized. I updated the drivers to newest.

Anyone else experiencing this ?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So, doing the quest to check on the stonemason death. Is there a way to stop Zolma from getting away with a second murder or am I boned after beating up that one dude on the scaffolding?

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm loving this game, especially at the beginning as a peasant simulator. Another peon was surprised as hell I didn't want throw poo at stuff.

Also it seems like Agility is better than Strength for fighting? All the cool swords seem to have a minimum Agility to use, and swords have like twice as many skills as the other weapons. Also noticed the "Witcher" perk under Alchemy, and I found Needle from GOT.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Is there someone in/just outside of Tamberg which will buy stolen goods? "Votova" is supposed to be near the grainery.... but I don't see a grainery anywhere outside of the city.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 15, 2018

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

There are both strength and agility swords. Agility are stuff like sabers, falchions, short swords. Strength are long sword and bastard swords (maybe 2H?). I seem to gain strength and agility when practice sword fighting with the instructor guy. The weapon skills are mostly combos I can rarely ever get to fire off so not sure how valuable they are.

So far I've encountered way more strength weapons overall but dunno how it goes over time. Sensibly so far bows are more about strength requirements.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Viper's Nest quest is the biggest load of horse poo poo I've experienced in a video game in a long, long, long time. Devs apparently forgot that killing you over, and over, and over, with no other options but load an old save, is not fun gameplay.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 15, 2018

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

At the Tamberg "inn" I found 4 maps in my chest. Is this some sort of pre-order thing or bonus of some sort?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Has anyone figured out the timing on combos yet? I get them in theory but I just can't seem to get them to trigger

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

hakimashou posted:

how is the sword fighting in this game compared to chivalry: medieval warfare?

Here's a good example of a common encounter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzYflCYk590

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Also when you eat from the community stew pots, put some food back or the town will like you less

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Firstborn posted:

Here's a good example of a common encounter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzYflCYk590

*game dev jizzes pants over how historically accurate and ultra-realistic his game is*

*Lightly armored bandit takes an arrow to the chest and like twenty cuts from a sword, keeps on truckin'.*

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Well, given the savegame requirements I'm getting REALLY sick of this "hard crash to desktop when you run while tired" thing.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Sheep posted:

Viper's Nest quest is the biggest load of horse poo poo I've experienced in a video game in a long, long, long time. Devs apparently forgot that killing you over, and over, and over, with no other options but load an old save, is not fun gameplay.

Did you finish it? I brought 2 armies, camp and from Talmberg. Everything goes fine until commander tells me to deal with archers. Alone. Of which there are like 7 and 4 of them just run away. While army covers behind stone wall. Objective failed.
Then uphill, army gets just smashed either in attack or defense phase. 4 retries, pff. Is it even doable?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Once you get set free in Talmberg and you have to go back to that first town, should I explore in between and such or just do that quest? I think I’m still in a prologue basically?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Woohoo posted:

Did you finish it? I brought 2 armies, camp and from Talmberg. Everything goes fine until commander tells me to deal with archers. Alone. Of which there are like 7 and 4 of them just run away. While army covers behind stone wall. Objective failed.
Then uphill, army gets just smashed either in attack or defense phase. 4 retries, pff. Is it even doable?

I got to the end but they make you duel the guy you're looking for.

I had to download Cheat Engine to kill him, and still ate ~70 deaths (no exaggeration) worth of damage in the process. He must have 250-300 stamina and is also nigh impossible to damage to begin with.

Honestly just skip it and come back like 10 hours of swordfighting from now.

Edit: you must have all three armies or you won't make it to the end - if the NPC guards die off it's an auto-fail.

Sheep fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 15, 2018

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Also, not an awful idea to set the VA to German but have English subtitles. No Czech, unfortunately.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sheep posted:

I had to download Cheat Engine to kill him, and still ate ~70 deaths (no exaggeration) worth of damage in the process. He must have 250-300 stamina and is also nigh impossible to damage to begin with.

Honestly just skip it and come back like 10 hours of swordfighting from now.

Edit: you must have all three armies or you won't make it to the end - if the NPC guards die off it's an auto-fail.

yeah, they are gonna have to patch this poo poo hopefully.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Sheep posted:

So.... that's the last mission in storyline??? :(

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Also when you eat from the community stew pots, put some food back or the town will like you less

:aaaaa: Oh poo poo, I better start dropping random food items (near-spoiled food still counts, right?) into the pots I see fast, otherwise they're gonna hate me!
On that topic though, is it only the food pots outside, in the towns? Like, what about if I go into someone's house (or to one of the town pots when nobody is looking) and eat from it, then? Will my reputation magically go down, or will I be safe as nobody saw me?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

DrNutt posted:

*game dev jizzes pants over how historically accurate and ultra-realistic his game is*

*Lightly armored bandit takes an arrow to the chest and like twenty cuts from a sword, keeps on truckin'.*

Tbh I think the historical accuracy stuff has to be seen relative to other games. In absolute terms it's clearly not realistic but it makes a fuckton more effort than most RPGs.

Which doesn't mean I'm dropping the 'guards did fly kicks from 20m away in 1403 Bohemia' jokes

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I think im gonna wait until this game is significantly cheaper.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

DrNutt posted:

This game is jank as gently caress but a full coat of mail is not 'lightly armored' by any means, and even if it's not exactly state of the art in 1403 it's still gonna turn a sword. The guys in padded cloth go down very quickly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Voyager I posted:

This game is jank as gently caress but a full coat of mail is not 'lightly armored' by any means, and even if it's not exactly state of the art in 1403 it's still gonna turn a sword. The guys in padded cloth go down very quickly.

Okay but he was moving pretty sprightly for a dude that took an arrow to the chest that probably punched right through it.

I'm not like knocking it super hard or anything it just looked funny to see that in the first few seconds of a gameplay video.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Woohoo posted:

So.... that's the last mission in storyline??? :(

Not even close. Just the guy you're looking for in that one quest, not the main storyline.

He's also a murder machine with ungodly stamina regeneration who can do seven hit combos :v:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, they are gonna have to patch this poo poo hopefully.

Yeah without question. From some googling it sounds like it's either a cakewalk or absolutely impossible.

If you're on PS4 or Xbox I just feel sorry for you. PC people can load up Cheat Engine and eventually cheese it but even that is aggravating - and don't forget to take off all your armor first so he doesn't destroy it.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

DrNutt posted:

Okay but he was moving pretty sprightly for a dude that took an arrow to the chest that probably punched right through it.

I'm not like knocking it super hard or anything it just looked funny to see that in the first few seconds of a gameplay video.

He has some leather over chain which is over a gambeson. A bodkin would cut through that pretty easily, but arrowheads not intended to pierce armor would likely break a few chain links and get lodged in the gambeson padding without heavily wounding the target if it manages to hurt them at all. Chain armor had such a long time in the sun (as far as armor goes) because it was so incredibly effective at keeping people from dying.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
You guys taking Savage or Burgher?

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
I'm totally digging the premise of this game but I have a question... Which version should I get, if it matters?
Is the Xbox version pretty much EXACTLY the same as the PC version in terms of UI?

I ask because right now I can't sit in front of my PC and play this... I'd have to either stream it to my TV via moonlight or play on a console because of a severe spinal injury that has me laid up in bed and the eventual surgery I'm going to need to get me back to "normal". So for the next 6-9 months I'm going to be convalescing, playing games from my bed on a 32" TV from which I'll be about 10 ft away from.

The inventory and help text and stuff look absolutely TINY in 1080p from what I can gather of the graphics on PC and I'll just have a massive headache if I have to squint like that if I stream it (or maybe get some binoculars o_O !!!) and if the XBOX version is a little more console-ized since no one would be 1 or 2 feet away from their screen like they would on a PC I'd opt for that.

If there's no difference I'd go for the PC version since it'll probably be much more expansive with modding...

But this game looks absolutely staggeringly epic and right up my alley

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
Do not buy this on console. PC is the only way to go.

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
Ha, I figured that would be the answer. Is there any way to increase the size of the UI so it's not so blasted tiny?? Would it make a difference if I dropped the resolution down to like 720p or something?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SeaWolf posted:

Ha, I figured that would be the answer. Is there any way to increase the size of the UI so it's not so blasted tiny?? Would it make a difference if I dropped the resolution down to like 720p or something?
There's a few UI discussions on reddit right now you can flit through, my dumb butt ain't going to be able to help.

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
well if reddit's on it, then there's some hope for me.

goon sir, you've been quite helpful in informing me.

PC version and binoculars it is!

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Is my game bugged? I just finished the prologue, credits rolled and... I am in a horrible and bad dream(bad as in unfun) where everything is black, white and red. I saw two guys attack two women, killed the two guys and now... what? I can't see anything and have no idea where to go or what to do. I've walked all over and found nothing.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLM5qeVA5Y

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Diogines posted:

Is my game bugged? I just finished the prologue, credits rolled and... I am in a horrible and bad dream(bad as in unfun) where everything is black, white and red. I saw two guys attack two women, killed the two guys and now... what? I can't see anything and have no idea where to go or what to do. I've walked all over and found nothing.

Is there any quest marker on the navigation bar? Someone mentioned that earlier.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/963902455812644870 They are patching the lock picks, saving and difficulty.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/963902455812644870 They are patching the lock picks, saving and difficulty.
I'm glad they are, but who thought any of these mechanics were good to launch with in the first place? I'm completely baffled.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Feels fine on controller. It's an annoying minigame, but not more so than the lockpicking in Oblivion, or all the poo poo you had to do in Alien: Isolation. It's fine. The trick I think people aren't getting is speed. You don't want to slowly grind it out like Oblivion, you kind of have to move fast.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

SlightlyMad posted:

Is there any quest marker on the navigation bar? Someone mentioned that earlier.
Got it, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Firstborn posted:

Feels fine on controller. It's an annoying minigame, but not more so than the lockpicking in Oblivion, or all the poo poo you had to do in Alien: Isolation. It's fine. The trick I think people aren't getting is speed. You don't want to slowly grind it out like Oblivion, you kind of have to move fast.
I'm doing it with a mouse and I honestly don't get the difficulty people are having. Move it, find the center, hold D to move the lock continuously and move the cursor along with it to keep it centered. People are trying to do it slowly? Why?