Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017
The only bad things about IX are the battle transition times and the fact you can't control the Trance system well. And the transition times were improved in the remastered version IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym321KSBIl4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happyimp
Sep 26, 2007

I exist I guess.
FFIX is the best because of this beauty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O73yhbf6NrU
It's weak to soft.

Happyimp fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Feb 15, 2018

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

OldAlias posted:

there already is one, for iOS, and it’s the definitive version of FFVI

It looks like it was made by a high schooler with a cracked copy of rpg maker

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Happyimp posted:

FFIX is the best because of this beauty.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O73yhbf6NrU
It's weak to soft.

A Yochlol

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I never beat VIII, IX, or X. I'm tempted to pick up IX again.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Metal Cat posted:

The only bad things about IX are the battle transition times and the fact you can't control the Trance system well. And the transition times were improved in the remastered version IIRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym321KSBIl4

Couldn't steal anything.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Also, wow, I forgot about how much the PS1s 3d models jittered.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

It looks like it was made by a high schooler with a cracked copy of rpg maker

it’s closer to some of the games concept art. also auto-battle is great for annoying encounters, and some characters are better like Sabin. poo poo like quick save, album, bestiary, and hints are all good

Metal Cat
Dec 25, 2017

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Couldn't steal anything.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one too. gently caress getting the Fairy Flute.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

OldAlias posted:

it’s closer to some of the games concept art. also auto-battle is great for annoying encounters, and some characters are better like Sabin. poo poo like quick save, album, bestiary, and hints are all good

That's cool. Maybe I will try it. It's just that I can't shake the feeling that the game looks like flash garbage instead of the grittier look of the SNES original.

FWIW the GBA version was incredible.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

how big are tifa boob

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

e. ya gba version is great, but the main problem with it is sound. there’s a fix for that, but I’m sure you’re aware

OldAlias fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Feb 15, 2018

Jaggedstagger
Jan 28, 2005
Yowza!
How did the card game in IX work?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Conch Shell Corp posted:

how big are tifa boob

150,000 voxels

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

Who What Now posted:

150,000 voxels

are those big

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
I grateful that no one has mentioned anything past X, that is truly where it all went to garbage.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
X-2. Was fun. It had a fun battle system. I enjoyed it. I played it for the battle system. It was good. I swear, I played it for the battle system.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i was like 12 or around that when i played ff7. i didn't have a playstation- i played the pc release. it mainly used the numpad on the keyboard and it came with this plastic overlay you put on your keyboard on top of the numpad to tell you what keys did what. sucks that i can't find a pic of it

anyways this remake isn't gonna be a turn-based rpg like the original so that means i will not get any nostalgia bonerz. suck my square assole square enix

e: found a pic of it on ebay

90s pc game ports rocked

Scrotum Modem fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 15, 2018

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Jaggedstagger posted:

How did the card game in IX work?

Some bullshit about card sides representing strength values for either phys/magical attack or defense. The rare cards had high values and were good against everything. I only ever bothered with that poo poo for the tournament to beat bug king.

I wanna see some grade A anime gore for when Jenova busts out and starts murdering everyone in the Shinra HQ. Probably won't get it, but it should be some The Thing level poo poo.

:goonsay:

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.
A secret nude FMV sequence, I wonder if square would spend millions of dollars on that

:thunk:

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Alpha Mayo posted:

X-2. Was fun. It had a fun battle system. I enjoyed it. I played it for the battle system. It was good. I swear, I played it for the battle system.

You could cheese X-2 with a turbo remote by giving Gunslinger Yuna that cat's bell or whatever that made every hit 9999 damage and she had that skill where she fired everytime you pressed the button.

I guess you could also cheese FF8 the same way with Irving since his limit break was also firing every button press but making the pulse ammo was such a pain in the rear end you couldn't really do it a lot and even then there were only like 2-3 bosses in the game hard enough to deserve it.

X-2 was extra bullshit though because that super secret desert boss with a trillion HP took hours to kill with the 9999 damage limit. You could break 10,000 damage in FFX for fucks sake.

I also played it for the battle system. I swear.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I’m playing ff 12 on steam rn and it’s pretty dope

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

man nurse posted:

I’m playing ff 12 on steam rn and it’s pretty dope

Vaan

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I think you’ll find that he’s actually captain basch von ronsenburg of dalamasca

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

do gen z turds prefer this final fantasy 13/15 style fighting over the correct way to fight in a final fantasy game? hold down L and R and get off my lawn

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

My eyes.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

I really want to see a generation of grown men realize how loving stupid they were to cry at Aeris

A want a generation of grown men to be reminded that aeris went off alone and thus got killed only after Cloud beat her up in a psychotic rage.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i hope aeris is a dyke lesbian in the remake

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I wonder if we'll get some nerd infighting about aeris/aerith. I think for maximum trolling they should keep the names different for the jp/na releases, but switch which region has which

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

Moon Atari posted:

A want a generation of grown men to be reminded that aeris went off alone and thus got killed only after Cloud beat her up in a psychotic rage.

I don't remember that happening, but still lol. Honestly a modern day linear RPG focusing on a group of eco terrorists fighting an evil corporation would be pretty awesome if it were made by anyone other than a Japanese game company. Just throw out all the stupid melodrama and character costumes that look like they came straight from a retarded fashion show. I think thats why ff8 killed any interest I had in JRPG's. Yeah a bunch of mercenaries dress like someone out of Zoolander. That being said, around the same time my parents finally purchased a PC and I got a copy of Half Life.

Beard Dandruff fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 15, 2018

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i promise upon my honor, this time i will protect my love aerith

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
where the titties??

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

myDad posted:

where the titties??

look at the new design of lara croft

tifa is gonna be flat-chested and armed with a 9 inch clit

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

in the remake they should have it so you can resurrect aeris but only using the most autisticly complicated method ever posted on a geocities site in 1997

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

When did Meg Ryan take up power lifting?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Ff12 was pretty cool for also being the most boring game ever.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Think they already promised the crossdressing would happen, I mean, what, you guys think you're the first people to think that's the most important part???

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The most cherished scene I think is in danger of getting left out is the where the fat Shinra guy Palmer gets hit by an 18 wheeler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
So Sephiroth was his own mother, an alien blob????