Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I forget if it was said in the original series, but one thing I remember from the first episode of Chronicles (Netflix took down the series before I could watch the rest) was that they explained that Shen Gong Wu were also created by people other than Dashi, probably masters of the temple. I liked that detail as it explained how there were so many Shen Gong Wu and how troublesome ones like the Heart of Jong were around. It might have been interesting to see the main characters design and create their own Shen Gong Wu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Mraagvpeine posted:

I forget if it was said in the original series, but one thing I remember from the first episode of Chronicles (Netflix took down the series before I could watch the rest) was that they explained that Shen Gong Wu were also created by people other than Dashi, probably masters of the temple. I liked that detail as it explained how there were so many Shen Gong Wu and how troublesome ones like the Heart of Jong were around. It might have been interesting to see the main characters design and create their own Shen Gong Wu.

I liked the invasion in the first episode of Chronicles, with all the Heylin warriors showing up specifically to goad the dragons into destroying the entire temple due to the ferocity of the fight.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Staff from Voltron and Korra are pitching a Sherlock Holmes inspired cartoon with two lady leads:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/325175510/blossom-detective-holmes-the-animated-mini-series

Pilot here:

https://vimeo.com/244645464

It's an extremely small staff it looks like, so nowhere near the same budget as TV

Episode 2 of this was funded. At the rate it's going, looks like we'll hit episode 3 and that's probably it, but it still looks neat!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Trailer for the new season of Voltron just dropped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYwreVlyc0g

Looks pretty intense. I had some problems with the last "season"(mainly with how Shiro just returned to the Black Lion and Keith leaving the team after spending so much time building him up as the leader), but I still really like the show. And hey, it looks like Lance will actually get to do something this season!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

amigolupus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OkNDho8kqw

I'm not sure what I love more. That Horse_ebooks reference, or the implication that Ice Bear has had a Twitter account for ages but never bothered to follow Panda. :v:

The real question is, with that many followers, how many times has he shifted personalities anyway?

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Welp, I have fallen down the Miraculous rabbit hole

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

mateo360 posted:

And just in time to experience the annoyance and frustration of its random, frequently-delayed release schedule!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

mateo360 posted:

By the end of the week the dub will have caught up to the French version, and hopefully they'll get more french episodes out as a result.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This poster :discourse:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Wait, why are there six symbols? Are the S and A both Starfire's or what?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like I said, I'm assuming it's Slade, who will be in the movie.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I figured it was mocking how they can't get their poo poo together, but works too.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

mateo360 posted:

As in Ladybug/Cat Noir? I keep noticing that on netflix but never caught interest enough to try watching it.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
So after a mini-ARG earlier today, the cover and title of the upcoming Gravity Falls comic has been revealed:

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/964352842667454464

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Feb 16, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I randomly found this song from Regular Show and can't for the life of me remember which episode it was in.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shitenshi posted:

I randomly found this song from Regular Show and can't for the life of me remember which episode it was in.

It's apparently from a minisode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY0-X0S_GXw

Which is funny cause the "episode" is only about a minute longer than the music video but they still felt the need to put the song in its own video

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zerilan posted:

As in Ladybug/Cat Noir? I keep noticing that on netflix but never caught interest enough to try watching it.

It's really good but the Netflix order is all weird.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Senerio posted:

If you want a purely chronological order based on dates and continuity hints within the episodes themselves, try this: Origins (a two-parter), Bubbler, Lady Wifi, Santa Claws, Dark Cupid, Stormy Weather, Timebreaker, The Mime, Rogercop, Animan, Copycat, Evillustrator, Puppeteer, Mr Pigeon, Reflekta, Pharoah, Pixelator, Guitar Villain, Darkblade, Antibug, Gamer, Horrificator, Kung Food, Princess Fragrance, Simon Says, Volpina (which leads directly into the first episode of season 2).

Series creator Thomas Astruc said on Twitter recently that it doesn't matter what order you watch the episodes in, just that you enjoy each individual story. I can see his point, but at the same time if you watched 'Volpina' or 'The Collector' as your first or second episode it would seriously screw with how you saw the rest of the series. (Season 2 looks set to make the order-fuckery even worse; 'Glaciator' has a pretty major turning point for how Marinette/Ladybug sees Cat Noir, as well as introducing a recurring character. It was produced as episode 3... but broadcast as episode 9. So where does it 'really' fit?)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I recommend watching the Origin episodes last because that was the intended air order. Before them the final two episodes are Collector and Volpina yeah.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I can't wait for Netflix to release half of season 2 and then wait a day or two for a comprehensive list of the ideal viewing order.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Acebuckeye13 posted:

So after a mini-ARG earlier today, the cover and title of the upcoming Gravity Falls comic has been revealed:

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/964352842667454464

:getin:

Guess I'll need to rewatch the series. You know, for reference purposes.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Shmebulok!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The first episode of Apple and Onion is up on CN's app with the TV premiere next Friday.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
If you haven't been following the thread, Star vs. The Forces of Evil is coming back on March 3rd, and a new promo was just released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PQ0drLdZ_o

Judging by this and how the rest of the series has been going it's gonna get pretty goddamn nuts

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Watched the new dubbed episodes of Miraculous Ladybug. They're pushing so hard against the status quo, it's getting annoying that it still hasn't really broken yet.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macaluso posted:

This poster :discourse:

If true that Slade will show up they almost entirely predicted how.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Senerio posted:

I'll check it out after I catch up on Star Vs. Stopped for awhile after the Marco chasing Heckapoo ep.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

So I started watching Justice League again recently, and man, it's amazing how well this show holds up. I was hit with a major nostalgia bomb when I saw the original intro, which I probably haven't seen since maybe 2008. As much as I love Batman: TAS and Superman: TAS, I think I'd have to give JL the nod for best DC animated series. It also makes Young Justice even more disappointing in comparison.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Young Justice had its moments but didn't seem to want to commit. And the second season opener just screamed 'cast bloat, will sacrifice characterisation for fanservice'.

Y'know, the Teen Titans as a seperate, independent team from the Young Justice whatevers would work pretty well. The Titans see the Young Justice League as amateurish suck-ups, the Young Justice League see the Titans as egomaniac hot shots.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Zerilan posted:

I'll check it out after I catch up on Star Vs. Stopped for awhile after the Marco chasing Heckapoo ep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miraculous:_Tales_of_Ladybug_%26_Cat_Noir_episodes

Use that as the order. Also the French audio is really good, but the English is solid in case you don't want to read subtitles.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Inescapable Duck posted:

Young Justice had its moments but didn't seem to want to commit. And the second season opener just screamed 'cast bloat, will sacrifice characterisation for fanservice'.

Y'know, the Teen Titans as a seperate, independent team from the Young Justice whatevers would work pretty well. The Titans see the Young Justice League as amateurish suck-ups, the Young Justice League see the Titans as egomaniac hot shots.

I think one of the things was that it was trying to set up for this big epic fight in a third season that would never come to pass against Darkseid and it never really ramped up organically.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Batman the Brave and the Bold was a more worthy successor to the DCAU than Young Justice.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Speaking of DC shows, how's that Justice League Action show?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
I think one of my big issues with Young Justice is how underpowered the Team was(especially Superboy* and Kid Flash), it made a lot of the fight scenes really boring

*seriously wish they had given him his Tactile Telekinesis at least

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Senerio posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Miraculous:_Tales_of_Ladybug_%26_Cat_Noir_episodes

Use that as the order. Also the French audio is really good, but the English is solid in case you don't want to read subtitles.
(Except watch Pixelator before Darkblade, Kung Food, Guitar Villain and Antibug, because otherwise everyone knows Jagged Stone before they even meet him for the first time.)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

What the gently caress is so hard about airing this drat show

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/glamdoodle/status/965671557216399360

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Payndz posted:

because otherwise everyone knows Jagged Stone before they even meet him for the first time.

I would assume that's because he is internationally well known music star.

Senerio linked me this one through discord when I was starting and makes sense. http://trishmishtree.tumblr.com/unofficial-miraculous-guide

and this one brings up the point that despite all the different airing orders, the first 13 were always the first 13 so Darkblade should be seen before Pixelator

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Funky Valentine posted:

Batman the Brave and the Bold was a more worthy successor to the DCAU than Young Justice.
I feel Green Lantern TAS was also a worthy send up to the DCAU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I like that CN spent two weeks hyping up the "Opposite Titans" and challenging the viewers to speculate on what they were like, and it just turned out to be a rote genderswap.

Also, Craig of the Creek looks like it's gonna fill the Clarence-shaped hole in CN's lineup.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 20, 2018