Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Will Brooks got cut, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

Will Brooks got cut, by the way.

That's sad. I won a lot of money betting against him. He deserved a nom for biggest underperformer because holy poo poo lol was he ineffectual.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Worse or better than Phil Brooks?

trick question, no one's that bad

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Relatively? Way, way worse imo.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

He beat Michael Chandler twice, once by TKO, and went on to dive into a Nik Lentz guillotine in the UFC.

I’m guessing he had some pretty tremendous performance anxiety issues that manifested in all of his fights in the UFC, except for the fight with Cowboy which he was, if I remember correctly, doing pretty well in despite being way smaller than Olivera. That was until he broke a rib and Cowboy took over.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Feb 15, 2018

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
He took a big pay cut to come to the UFC because he was confident he would become the LW champ...... lol

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Remember when Rin Nakai's management elected to turn down a long term ufc contract for a two-fight deal for the same reason?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I'm grateful for Rin Nakai doing dumb poo poo so I didn't have to watch her

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/964205234850418688

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They would have cut her anyway

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Clauda Gadehlia confirmed against Carla Esparza. Rip Carla.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Nierbo posted:

Clauda Gadehlia confirmed against Carla Esparza. Rip Carla.

RIP Carla indeed.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Welcome to Carla Esparza’s Retirement Fight

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Calm down Beavis

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/dc_mma/status/963941595463725056

:thunk:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I havent played halo 2 or 3 in a while, but I feel this is an unfair comparison to the Arbiter

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Calm down Beavis

If he dies, he dies.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

CatelynIsAZombie posted:

Calm down Beavis

Fighters who will be remembered for their chin

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

TAM fighters have shown off some pretty remarkable chins.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

SPEAKINg of losing your way to a title

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Matt Lindland posted:

SPEAKINg of losing your way to a title

Good point, Matt "The Law" Lindland, you did lose to Keith Sieracki.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Good point, Matt "The Law" Lindland, you did lose to Keith Sieracki.

And lost twice in one fight.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I famously won a moral victory (the best kind of victory) over all time goat “Fedor”.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

david carmichael posted:

Like i think skill wise you can say hes top 6 or whatever all time at middleweight. But i think in 10 years yhe skill gap will be just as big as it is between 2018's middleweights and 2008's middleweights. And accomplishment wise hes better than rockhold, but not really on par with anderson, bisping, hendo, franklin, belfort, etc. Weidman still has lots of time to keep building a resume of course, but as of right now i dont see him as an all time great. Merely very good.

Weidman frustrates me because his skillset is amazing, and watching him wrestle when he's not gassed is very impressive, but his gas problem coupled with what seems to be the belief once he moves into wrestle mode he doesn't need to protect his face, are such crippling flaws.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
giving Kevin Lee a title shot off the back of chiesa was so weird. never heard of either of those dudes before or since.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

CommonShore posted:

TAM fighters have shown off some pretty remarkable chins.

Niiiiice

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gay Horney posted:

giving Kevin Lee a title shot off the back of chiesa was so weird. never heard of either of those dudes before or since.

Same but for that Irish guy who keeps ducking Tony & Khabib.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Yeah since before the Ferguson fight I've felt like Kevin Lee was kinda being forced down people's throats. Now he tries to stay relevant by being a dick on social media. Still, no one cares.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I wonder why the young, talented lightweight who is 9-2 in the UFC with 4 finishes in a row over increasingly tougher competition would get a title fight when everyone else is too fat or boxing? We may never know.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Yeah Kevin Lee is pretty good, handsome as hell and has an actual personality/character unlike most of these boring dorks. It really shouldn't be a mystery why they're pushing him

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Considering what he's actually accomplished in the cage, I can't help but feel he maybe insists upon himself a bit much.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He is a prize fighter that's his loving job. You sound like Joe Buck whining about Randy Moss.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I don't know who either of those people are. I just know Kevin Lee calling out Khabib after the Barboza fight caused me to roll my eyes so hard it made my head hurt.

You can like Kevin Lee. It's fine. I don't fault you for it. He's definitely a good fighter. I just feel like his push came so soon. Sorry if this is the kind of thing Joe Buck says about Randy Moss.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
He got a title shot after a good win streak when their first two options fell through. Quite a push.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

El Roncho posted:

I don't know who either of those people are. I just know Kevin Lee calling out Khabib after the Barboza fight caused me to roll my eyes so hard it made my head hurt.

You can like Kevin Lee. It's fine. I don't fault you for it. He's definitely a good fighter. I just feel like his push came so soon. Sorry if this is the kind of thing Joe Buck says about Randy Moss.

This post reads like those nerds who cleverly (they think) said things like "ooh is this the day we all look for the Superb Owl? I love birdwatching!" or "yay, sportsball!" a couple weeks ago.

95%+ of this board is going to know who those two people are and understand the analogy.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

El Roncho posted:

Considering what he's actually accomplished in the cage, I can't help but feel he maybe insists upon himself a bit much.

I agree, in some of the media for the chiesa fight he was claiming he was the next Conor McGregor and he’s kinda emulating him just without the impressive wins or charisma and likability.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Rigel posted:

This post reads like those nerds who cleverly (they think) said things like "ooh is this the day we all look for the Superb Owl? I love birdwatching!" or "yay, sportsball!" a couple weeks ago.

95%+ of this board is going to know who those two people are and understand the analogy.

I honestly don't know who those people are and don't see a lack of knowledge as something that makes me clever.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I know who Joe Buck and randy moss are but randy moss retired a decade ago so I still don't get what the post is about. It's fuckin weird that Lee got a title shot after beating trinaldo, chiesa, and one of the Khabibs. Usually you have to beat a contender.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

You sound like Joe Buck
come now, we're all friends here. let's not say anything unforgivable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I am very offended for Kevin Lee vis a vis mild criticism of Kevin Lee; so mild it borders on indifference really. Poor Kevin Lee. Just trying to make a buck.

• Locked thread