Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

NutritiousSnack posted:

We did it Reddit

This is supposed to be sarcasm but it's another hit in historical realism. Cops are assholes

I was only a little joking. Guard aggro as described seems more like a poorly-implemented feature, however, power-tripping guards going off with no provocation seems accidentally immersive enough as a medieval life simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this made me crack up

he still lost btw

https://clips.twitch.tv/HandsomeCloudySalsifyEagleEye

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

Getting all of the herbs and getting them potions brewed.

“Bohemia will come to fear my botany powers”

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I was only a little joking. Guard aggro as described seems more like a poorly-implemented feature, however, power-tripping guards going off with no provocation seems accidentally immersive enough as a medieval life simulator

Guards shaking you down for bribes is super realistic.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

loving lol if you think "SJWs" is why Andromeda flopped. Maybe it was just a bad game?

New Colossus is awesome and sold well and got good reviews?
It's a reddit/4chan meme.

Mass Effect actually sold well, it was the DLC forecast from people wising up on it being a bad game that doomed it. New Colossus was actually good but underperformed, with a very slow start on it's sales. VGchartz even has it only selling 300k (highly doubt it).

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 15, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
There's little cool things you notice, like I was travelling through a forest, noticed a broken down cart on the side, found a bandit camp 50/60 yards from the road, killed two bandits and the other one shouted about 'sound the alarm'. Turns out there was another camp further up the hill.

Once you get quiet/silent shoes it does make sneaking up and knifing people a lot easier.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
and this
https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyCoweringSeahorseGOWSkull

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hahahahaha getting drunk with the priest is the loving best thing

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Taintrunner posted:

Hahahahaha getting drunk with the priest is the loving best thing

I somehow winged the sermon

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

charms posted:

This game is the living proof that leftism isn't conductive to good games. Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda. Look at Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. The games were so poo poo even SJWs dropped them. No one in their right mind defends them. Meanwhile, this game, made for the honest conservative gamer, despite some flaws it has, is selling like hot cakes. We are in the middle of a paradigm shift. This is no longer the industry for spoiled little SJWs. It took three years, but we finally won. I know we're going through a harsh liberal media raid right now pretending this game is bad, but stay strong, they're just desperate because they realize this is their last stand.

lol. that reddit hot take is amusing. yeah dumb uber-wokes are dumb but MEA was a burning shitpile from day one since bioware basically dead and mismanaged. TNC was pretty good but it had a number of issues. none of there fucksups were because of "sjws". but whatever. that reddit post is funny in bad way. That being said. i am glad Warhorse was allowed to do what they wanted, despite my dislike of vara's politics.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Not a problem in 1403. Syphilis came to Europe post-Columbus.

That's actually a matter of scholarly debate!

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's little cool things you notice, like I was travelling through a forest, noticed a broken down cart on the side, found a bandit camp 50/60 yards from the road, killed two bandits and the other one shouted about 'sound the alarm'. Turns out there was another camp further up the hill.

Once you get quiet/silent shoes it does make sneaking up and knifing people a lot easier.

Do you want higher or lower number on the shoes for sound

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's a reddit/4chan meme.

Mass Effect actually sold well, it was the DLC forecast from people wising up on it being a bad game that doomed it. New Colossus was actually good but underperformed, with a very slow start on it's sales. VGchartz even has it only selling 300k (highly doubt it).

uhh. andromda blew rear end so bad that EA gutted bioware and squished into one company to make that destiny clone. there is no dlc coming. its a dead game now. apperently it was dev hell and the piece of poo poo we got was made in like a year and half or something. TNC sold alright and they will definitely work on new dlc and probably the sequel in 2020 or so.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KyloWinter posted:

Lower. There's specifically two types of shoes I've found that have bonuses (silent shoes and 'quiet' shoes). I think I found them on some people I killed at one point.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

uhh. andromda blew rear end so bad that EA gutted bioware and squished into one company to make that destiny clone. there is no dlc coming. its a dead game now. apperently it was dev hell and the piece of poo poo we got was made in like a year and half or something. TNC sold alright and they will definitely work on new dlc and probably the sequel in 2020 or so.

Andromeda sucked but it didn't cause bioware to be gutted, what they closed was the baby bioware full of third stringers that made the game. None of the actual Bioware talent from the main company worked on it.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Vahakyla posted:

What is with this game that attracts nazis and proud boys and what not like loving moths to a flame?

Unfortunately a bunch of nazis globbed onto this "deus vult" train of pretending you're one of the knights templar and your hatred of other races is some holy thing.

It really sucks because I love medieval history and all of a sudden anything to do with knights gets swarmed by nazis :(

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

First they came for the Vikings and I said nothing

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Ainsley McTree posted:

First they came for the Vikings and I said nothing

Having a Nordic themed tattoo, I feel that pain ever so acutely.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Got to a mission where I have to interrogate a guy kept prisoner in Rattay

Spent 20 minutes running around and trying to find where the hell they keep him. Compass marker useless.
Out of boredom, start punching people
Guards take me to jail
Quest guy is there

That game

KyloWinter posted:

You want to strip down to your undies (noise 0). Ninjas have no use for armor and if you need armor, you're not a ninja

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 15, 2018

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Yeah I just thought recurve bows were pretty common in 1400 Bohemia. The Cumans had been using them for a few hundred years by then iirc

Some internet googling seems to indicate recurves were widespread even in early Roman times and medieval use of straight bows was a factor of climate (recurves were prevalent in dry climates).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress me, I just spent ten minutes in a duel with a bandit leader. Finally started to wear him down (while accidentally aggroing a bunch of loving bandit archers) and I killed his rear end and took his armor and sword. Now it's time to make potions to pay for the repair bill on it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NutritiousSnack posted:

I somehow winged the sermon

So did I, holy hell. What a rad sequence. The general story I’m kinda meh on, but the things you encounter on the way are really fun.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Stabs with sword seem to make combat easier.
Eliminated boss guy in Viper's Nest by dancing around him, and stabbing him 5 or 6 times in the face with a longsword. Success on first try.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

this game and it's popularity makes me realize that i fundamentally do not understand pc gamers

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Zelder posted:

this game and it's popularity makes me realize that i fundamentally do not understand pc gamers

I am glad to see that historicity is such a huge draw. I was expecting this to be a much more niche game than it seems to be heading towards.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheAgent posted:

its really weird that murdering people without witnesses make the guards completely freak out and lowers your rep across towns

something ain't right there

That is my one big thing so far that I dislike. If I kill the last witness that should be it. If I kill some random poacher in the woods talking poo poo on me the town nearby shouldn't know I did it and frankly that dude shouldn't count as an innocent civilian either, since he was threatening to kill me if I didn't clear off from his illegal poaching gains.

I still like it a lot though it is fun.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zelder posted:

It’s fun in that it’s different, people like being knights in medieval times fighting with swords and it’s a lot more engaging than Skyrim

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Zelder posted:

Good then go away!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There’s an unlimited carry mod up on Nexus, if you want to haul all that poached deer meat back to cook and sell for easy money. Free training mod too but that feels more like just straight up cheating.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Poaching is amazingly profitable for how easy and quick it is. Go into woods shoot four hares sell it to unscrupulous tavern owners 500 bucks.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Once you get a bit of bow skill those headshots sure make combat easy.

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

You can transfer heavy poo poo like deer meat to your horse, which is super handy

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Very beginning of game spoilers, if you care I guess although I recommend reading this one as it isn't plot and might save you some frustration:

I dislike fights you are meant to lose. I just came to this of Dark Souls so I spent a good 30-40 attempts trying to kill Runt and I got REAL good at circling around and poking and evading the one shots before I noticed his health bar just doesn't go down, ever. Just cut scene that poo poo idk.

And I wasted a schnapps to save right before it.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 15, 2018

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

UP AND ADAM posted:

Good then go away!

I wish to learn of your unique culture!

Kromgart
Feb 25, 2010
Is this game easily moddable? Can we expect to be able to play as a redguard khajiit knight of Bohemia in near future?

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Zelder posted:

I wish to learn of your unique culture!

Request denied.

:frogout:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Skoll posted:

lmao my roommate got a big rear end Norse tree on his back years ago and this cool explosion of Nazism has not been his favorite development.

He's not a Nazi (or if he is one he's really lovely considering he had a black roommate), just a doofus

OutofSight
May 4, 2017

Skoll posted:

What the hell is a "Nordic themed" tattoo? Horned helmets and skulls, some pseudo runic script or your favourite Skyrim waifu?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
norse mythology is the best and nazi morons are attracted to it because if you get your rear end kicked hard enough you goto heaven

Skoll posted:

kinda related - idk if i ever told you this but your name was the first thing i typed in when registering for this forum but i wanted something more videogame related at the last second

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
The game broke itself..... That's like 4 hours of progress down the drain.

Captain Bernard is stuck in a corner in Neuhauf even after the Ginger questline. Apparently you can't unlock sword combos or get swords past level 4 without talking to him at the fighting ring outside Rattay after the Ginger Questline where he is supposed to be (but isn't)...

I tried to bait him into chasing me by lockpicking a chest near the corner he's stuck in, but he just chases you down and then just stands in place whereever while you teleport to jail.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Nobody is ever at the little dice table for games. When do they usually show up?