Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

I know this is different depending on the mod, but I strongly prefer people not ninja'ing their posts. TIA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My other issue is that if MMT is scum then where is the push to lynch someone else?

I mean I know a lot can change in the last couple hours, but leaving a scum buddy as the vote leader heading into the final hours is dangerous.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

It feels opportunistic.

Like several people had just said at MMT works nights and you still used 'maybe disappeared' as a reason to vote.

I must have not read that. ##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
This is a good vote: ##vote Lupus

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

My other issue is that if MMT is scum then where is the push to lynch someone else?

people are pushing for moat, and also this is a really bad reason not to vote for someone who is scummy.

Max posted:

I know this is different depending on the mod, but I strongly prefer people not ninja'ing their posts. TIA.

maybe you shouldn't have made me a shinobi then, maximus.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

LupusAter posted:

I think MMT is the one who acted the scummiest between the people who actually posted. But since that amounts to only kinda scummy, probably at least one lurker is scum. On the other hand, better to act based on at least some evidence, even if it is kinda flimsy.
##vote MMT

I don't think this is scummy, but I disagree. People who are posting are going to keep posting and keep giving you things to judge them by. People who aren't giving you reads are going to not.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

merk posted:

I'm reading this as "I better take a stand, but it's one that I don't want to be held to in future days." Is that an accurate interpretation of your MMT read?

this feels ungenerous and badgery

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Pinterest Mom posted:

this feels ungenerous and badgery

It's a question.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

people are pushing for moat, and also this is a really bad reason not to vote for someone who is scummy.

maybe you shouldn't have made me a shinobi then, maximus.

I am sad you beat me to a literal ninja joke. :(

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Sorry folks, I slept in this morning because I'm going out later tonight.

Moatillata posted:

Your recollection is completely skewed imo

Xad's recollection seemed right on the nose to me.

Moat: when I said "I've literally never been more serious about anything in my life", did you think I was being serious?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

I'm fine with my vote on mmt. I think mmt is a vote that can happen, so I'm not particularly motivated to change it. I think her reaction to Moat's posts were a little ridiculous and I've gotten a weird vibe from her early-day posts.

---

steadfastly refusing to vote for mmt after making an objectively weird post is weird. "I prefer other cases," sure, I guess, but.

Can you define "objectively weird" as it relates to the post in question?

##vote Ecco - at least I can believe that Moat was questioning me in good faith. Ecco just hopped on the case without really adding anything to it / going into detail why she thinks it.

EccoRaven posted:

Strong disagree. I think the relative ease by which people jumped on the vote on me is plenty suspicious, and I'm always wary when I see someone getting pushed with hardly any pushback.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Dick Bastardly posted:

Heading to work. Will make my best effort to read through the day, but will probably participate more this afternoon (est timezone).

Ecco seems calm about his/her reactions. Not sure how that fits in with ecco's usual play.

Moat reads aggressive, but also quite defensive. I feel like scum moat would be a bit more jokey and relaxed to start off... still not sure what to make of moat yet.

MMT started off relaxed and jokey, and doesn't seem overly defensive (as moat seems to be).

If I were to force myself to make alignment calls, based mainly on gut, I'd say MMT is the most suss of the bunch. I think MMT would be more analytical and straight forward as town (even this early in the game)

----

Madman, what's your take on merk so far? While we're at it, what your take on chores as well?

---

If anything, the votes before lup's are bad. Lup actually gives "reasoning" behind it.

DB is another person I'd vote for - he's posted enough to give the impression of being here but hasn't really made any alignment calls other than me-too'ing the case on me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

LupusAter posted:

I wrote my train of thought at the moment, and since I don't like presenting things I aren't sure about as gospel truth, I made my doubts clear. I get scummy vibes from MMT, but that's mostly because I feel that town would be more cautious in accusing D1 on the basis of reacting to a joke. I also think you're latching to the first thing that could sound like a case and hoping it'll start a train, but that might be the OMGUS talking.

Why would town be cautious in accusing anyone of being scum d1? :crossarms:

Like yeah, I'll be the first to admit that my vote on Moat was more to gauge reactions than out of a certainty that he's scum - but what's scummy about that?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

Sorry folks, I slept in this morning because I'm going out later tonight.

Xad's recollection seemed right on the nose to me.

Moat: when I said "I've literally never been more serious about anything in my life", did you think I was being serious?

Yup, I thought it was bold and I liked it, hence the posterity post with the screenshot. I thought it would be bad rear end if you were even partially right.

Nothing in that post suggested joke to me.

As I said before the last thing I expected was the point by point case you threw at me

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

To be fair, MMT, you're a very serious person.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

Why would town be cautious in accusing anyone of being scum d1? :crossarms:

Like yeah, I'll be the first to admit that my vote on Moat was more to gauge reactions than out of a certainty that he's scum - but what's scummy about that?

It's mostly because it reads like accusing someone for the sake of accusing someone, and using a weak motive as a cover. I'm not saying I think town would always be cautious in accusing someone d1, I'm saying that I think town would be cautious of accusing someone d1 in that exact situation.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Tobbs what do you make of this and who are your lynch preferences?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

LupusAter posted:

It's mostly because it reads like accusing someone for the sake of accusing someone, and using a weak motive as a cover. I'm not saying I think town would always be cautious in accusing someone d1, I'm saying that I think town would be cautious of accusing someone d1 in that exact situation.

Eh, I disagree with this. I know I just throw poo poo out day one to see what sticks, it moves the game forward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
LET'S VOTE ECCO

##vote Ecco

Case: merk makes a gut read.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Actual case:
1. Sounds manufactured;
2. Did gotcha scum hunting on me;
3. Voted MMT with a case that I don't really think he believes in which starts from a joke vote;
4. Kept the MMT vote with justification that it's a lynch "that can happen."

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Merk what do you make of chores posting?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LupusAter posted:

Hey, can you answer my question?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Moatillata posted:

Merk what do you make of chores posting?

Zero content. Borderline trolling the game. Would lynch but know it won't happen d1. I've died on this sword numerous times historically trying to get people who refuse to play mafia to actually play mafia.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

merk posted:

Hey, can you answer my question?

I explained my reasoning. Sorry I didn't acknowledge your leading question while doing it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Tobbs what do you make of this and who are your lynch preferences?

Still like RF for literally zero participation. PMOM at least showed up and is sharing opinions.

Feeling a tad better about MMT with her firing back, but I'd expect town MMT to come out heavier on casing than self-defense.

Merk seems dodgy, especially with his intention to toss out gambits and see what happens. It feels fake to me, ~~manufacturing content~~ so to speak.

Chores is calling me 100% scum which reads like town chores to me. Scum chores is a dodgy fucker.

Yeah, I'm gonna go with ##vote merk Going after newer players is also a scum tactic, and Lupus reads honest to me, even though there's definitely that new player awkwardness.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Moatillata posted:

Yup, I thought it was bold and I liked it, hence the posterity post with the screenshot. I thought it would be bad rear end if you were even partially right.

Nothing in that post suggested joke to me.

Hahaha I'm laughing because it didn't actually dawn on me that you might take me seriously when I said that.

CCKeane posted:

To be fair, MMT, you're a very serious person.

This is literally the most factually accurate description of me ever.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

I think the relative ease by which people jumped on the vote on me is plenty suspicious, and I'm always wary when I see someone getting pushed with hardly any pushback.

Building on this, Asphyxious and DB are both bothering me for not only not really making any cases or reads, but also not really being called out as lurkers either (as opposed to, say, myself / RF / PMom / chores). I'm always suspicious when people seem to be posting just enough to go unnoticed.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I’m not trying to be unnoticed, but I’m still combing through this shitshow for reads.

At this stage I’d vote for ghost dog or moat over MMT.

Feeling good about Keane this game. Ditto Merk.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

Building on this, Asphyxious and DB are both bothering me for not only not really making any cases or reads, but also not really being called out as lurkers either (as opposed to, say, myself / RF / PMom / chores). I'm always suspicious when people seem to be posting just enough to go unnoticed.

I could see Gaspy. Mostly shitposts and a vote on a new player.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I could see Gaspy. Mostly shitposts and a vote on a new player.

Naw I’m town, soz.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asphyxious posted:

Naw I’m town, soz.

At least mentioning you summons you to the thread.

I wonder if we'll see RF before deadline.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

At least mentioning you summons you to the thread.

I wonder if we'll see RF before deadline.

I just woke up. I take mafia very seriously and I check these threads before I even kiss my beautiful wife.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asphyxious posted:

I just woke up. I take mafia very seriously and I check these threads before I even kiss my beautiful wife.

I can never remember who's Australian.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don’t buy merk’s case on Ecco and don’t buy that he believes it
##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

LupusAter posted:

I explained my reasoning. Sorry I didn't acknowledge your leading question while doing it.

Is my interpretation of your vote wrong?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

LET'S VOTE ECCO

##vote Ecco

Case: merk makes a gut read.

I'm with ya, friendo.

Sorry Ecco. ##vote: Ecco

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm about to be driving for most of the rest of the game day but I'll be checking the game via phone.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Likewise I'm going out for dinner later, but should be back before deadline

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
a bad last minute push from scum.

mmt is scum, merk is her buddy, enjoy the game everyone. I'm gone for the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
+tobbs

• Locked thread