Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

they patched it enough that it ran alright enough for me on ps4 but yea the load screens are a real bummer at the end of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Loading screens let you check the Something Awful forums on your phone / tablet, they’re a necessary part of gaming

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lets hang out posted:

they patched it enough that it ran alright enough for me on ps4 but yea the load screens are a real bummer at the end of the game

No Enemy variety and ping ponging back and forth across the station for dumb story reasons pushed prey from "beloved" to "didnt hate" for me

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

Loading screens let you check the Something Awful forums on your phone / tablet, they’re a necessary part of gaming

lol

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Ironically The Homer would be the best selling vehicle in 2018.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

That tweets gonna be funny when it turns out Hideo Kojima is the George Lucas of video games. Free of anyone trying to keep his ego and ideas in check he’ll go from being called a genius to wallowing in mediocrity

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

heck yeah this game rules

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
there's a sword in MonHunWo called "Odium" :aaa:

Did You Know? Music Presents: "I Only Want To Be With You", This Bold New Single DESTROYS Preconceived Rock Star Notions By Daring To Posit: What If Monogamy Is Good?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

what does your day job look like with hideo as your supervisor

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Kojima's already made like four decades of good games, so even if Death Stranding and all his future projects are potatoes, he's still got a better track record than Lucas.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

precision posted:

there's a sword in MonHunWo called "Odium" :aaa:

Did You Know? Music Presents: "I Only Want To Be With You", This Bold New Single DESTROYS Preconceived Rock Star Notions By Daring To Posit: What If Monogamy Is Good?

One d means hatred 2 ds means cool poster

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Digirat posted:

what does your day job look like when you're hideo's assistant ayakko

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

what does your day job look like when you're hideo's assistant ayakko

Ordering his dvds from amazonjp

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"Akuma No Uta" means "song of the devil"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Punished "Venom" Snake is one of the most aesthetically-pleasing names in all of video game history.

Punished as both a strange descriptor and vaguely sounding like a given name, and "Venom" always in quotation marks, also descriptive but doubles as a nickname as opposed to the more formal title-like Punished

And it's portable enough that you can add "Punished" to anyone with an eyepatch and/or a horn and it works as a reference

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Digirat posted:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The first time he was told "No, you don't actually have to implement that idea."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Making "I'll Keep Coming" as the tagline for his new studio because he likes a Low Roar song loving rules, what a good sentence

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's cool going around just scanning random fishies at night in Subnautica, lit only by the LED on the scanner. This game has amazing atmosphere.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The guy hired to do the cutscenes for Twin Snakes originally did a 1 to 1 remake of the game but Kojima told him "I hired you because you make The Matrix look like High Noon" and we got back flipping rockets instead.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

al-azad posted:

The guy hired to do the cutscenes for Twin Snakes originally did a 1 to 1 remake of the game but Kojima told him "I hired you because you make The Matrix look like High Noon" and we got back flipping rockets instead.

...and everyone hates it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

...and everyone hates it.

The thinking emoji

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Raxivace posted:

When horror came to Sonichu.

:golfclap:

precision posted:

i started walking across the map in LA Noire the other night. after ~20 minutes i looked at the map and calculated it would take about 3 hours to walk across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_UpLtGEWoY

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

...and everyone loves it.

Twin Snakes for life. It's easy to get the PS1 version, play the one you prefer.

If you really hate the cutscenes but must have the ability to do pull-ups, build a bridge

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Twin Snakes was flashy but felt wrong. It wasn't until they organically added nanomachines, AI, and cyborgs in 2, laid the backstory in 3, and blew things wide open with 4 that it became totally justified for this to happen in Revengeance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM33Hr94SKw

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This has been, by far, the hardest thing I've had to do in this game so far. I'd love an individual screen death counter because I'd love to see how many lives I've lost to this godforsaken part of the level. And this is only the second B-side, and I haven't even started the fifth stage yet. I am terrified of what comes later

edit: wow ya know what no, the room right after that is far more irritating

edit: Oh that was the end. I feel exhausted :toot:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Feb 16, 2018

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I didn't find that room too bad but other ones certainly kicked my rear end.

I think I say this everyone but I still feel bad for not just doing everything but thinking about some of those stages ramping up their mechanics just made me want to move on to other things. As tight as that game is, almost every mechanic was slightly wonky enough to make me shudder at the thought of having to do it over and over again reliably.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
The only mechanic I was really not a fan of was the bumpers in chapter six. Those just felt so much more finicky than everything else up to that point

Conversely I loooove the dream blocks from chapter two, pump that mechanic into my veins

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I always liked the fan theory that twin snakes was just the version of the events as published in the nastasha romanenko book.

I wasn't really a fan of snake just doing random backflips on his own, especially when it seemed like it was his answer to literally every problem.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Can't wait for SWERY's Cat Game? Well, good news, he has another one coming in 2018 called The Missing, of which we know...nothing

quote:

"A missing person, someone who's lost, or even something lost. Maybe it's your loved one… or a place you belong. Do you ever feel lost in your everyday life? The Missing is for someone like you."

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The best backflip is when he jumps off of a missile from the Hind D and shoots it down with the Nikita while still midair

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Im like one colossus away from beating sotc and i have mixed feelings about the optional hints being both condescending and not helpful enough on a first play through and the puzzles relying on extremely slow enemies doing a finicky thing when they feel like it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Looper posted:

The only mechanic I was really not a fan of was the bumpers in chapter six. Those just felt so much more finicky than everything else up to that point

Conversely I loooove the dream blocks from chapter two, pump that mechanic into my veins

Those were pretty terrible. The clouds were a little finicky too.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think my plan to use the poison greatsword to keep damage going in between big hits was foolish since the proc rate seems too poor even with maxed poison skills. But I probably also need to just get more familiar with the weapon and good ways to land hits more often.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hunting Monsters is really fun, y'all :shobon:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

I always liked the fan theory that twin snakes was just the version of the events as published in the nastasha romanenko book.

I think there's also a theory that it's a VR mission because there's a little VR diamond thingy hidden as an easter egg in the Rex hangar

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

I think there's also a theory that it's a VR mission because there's a little VR diamond thingy hidden as an easter egg in the Rex hangar
Oh wow I never knew that. Is there a video or anything of it online somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Ometeotl posted:

The guy who leaked that Sonic Forces was going to be OC customization based has now said that Sumo isn't working on Sega All-stars 3, but a straight Sonic kart racer instead. That seems like a really dumb regression of the series so it's probably true.

We were so close, but the idea of Yakuza characters, Bayonetta and Billy Hatcher racing together will still be just a dream for a while longer.

• Locked thread