Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I don't have a lot of information but Skinty McEdger who was a regular poster on here for many years appears to have died. He was in poor health for awhile it seems. Skinty was a really good poster here, something I think everyone will agree on which is pretty rare in these parts. I don't have any details I am sorry to say. I just wanted to post this so we could remember someone who was a good wrestling poster.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=133166

Krasnaya posted:

EDIT: I saw someone ask about donations. Skinty stayed at the Canterbury Pilgrims Hospice in the UK and I can say, it was a great experience and he was so comfortable there, as was I and his friends/family that visited him nonstop. Staff there are all incredible and he had a really meaningful connection with the doctor there. He wanted donations to be made to there if you are so inclined: https://www.pilgrimshospices.org/get-involved/donate/

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I remember him being good on some of the old Punchsport Podcasts when that was a thing. :(

rare Magic card l00k fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 16, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
gently caress. If nice people could stop dying for a while that would be swell.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo what the gently caress man this is hosed up

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He was good poo poo.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

rip to the good man

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he was the only person to like yoshi-hashi a lot and still be good.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Oh no :(

I didn't know much about him, but I remember enjoying his entertaining posts and generally having Good Opinions. For whatever that poo poo's worth now. Best wishes to his loved ones.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Cavauro posted:

he was the only person to like yoshi-hashi a lot and still be good.

drat true

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Hope he's Good Posting with a maitai up on Dead Wrestler Beach. Big Bummers all around.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

RIP

He was on a Punchsport Podcast once to talk about seeing a WWA house show, I think. It was bad and he hated it.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I enjoyed his posts. :smith:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That's a real shame. My condolences to his friends and family.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
That sucks. RIP.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
RIP Skinty. drat. Between here and twitter he seemed like a really cool person. I'm happy to have interacted with him at all. We'll miss him and I hope his family is handling it the best they can

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh no that's awful, poor guy. Don't know what happened to him but this is really sad, he always seemed like a real nice person :(

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

RIP :(

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

RIP :(

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Bummer. RIP

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It was cancer, he'd reached out to Hulkamatt right before he died and his family confirmed it. Awful.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I was thinking of posting a thread about this myself but the news really gutted me and I couldn't think of the right thing to say.

Skinty & I talked almost exclusively through AIM and he was one of the only reasons I would still have AIM open on my computer all the way up until it completely shut down. We added each other on Facebook after that, but I don't check FB nearly as much as I do Twitter, Discord, and other types of things.

I happened to log on during Valentines Day and saw he had left me a message on the 6th letting me know that he was dying. I responded and had hoped he was still alive, but after doing some digging and seeking out his family the next day, I realized that it was already too late.

He'd been suffering from cancer for a while, but he didn't want it to be super public as he didn't want others to worry about him.

Skinty was an amazing person who helped me through a few rough patches in my life. He always knew exactly the right thing to say to cheer me up. Gave me a lot of good quotes. I really wish AIM wasn't completely gone, because those logs were nice to go back and look at sometimes.

His mother told me that shortly before he died, he said "I'm not frightened of dying, I've had a great life, had a lot of fun and laughs, and made some fantastic friends." He passed peacefully with his family around him.

He was a special guy and I'll have nothing but good memories of him. My life was better having known him.

I already miss him.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 16, 2018

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Really sad news i just wish cancer would gently caress off its horrible and to know people here and his family are left shattered by a young man taken down by a horrible illness its just real sad.

RIP my man I hope those who knew him well can look back and cherish the memories.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

fuckin' cancer, man :(

You were a good dude, Skinty. Rest well.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Absolutely horrible to hear. My deepest condolences to his family and friends. :(

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HulkaMatt posted:

"I'm not frightened of dying, I've had a great life, had a lot of fun and laughs, and made some fantastic friends."

We should all be so brave. RIP.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

RIP Skinty, you were a great guy to talk pro-graps or even anything at all with. :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
RIP

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Horrible news. RIP Skinty

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Ugh this sucks. Skinty was a good dude. RIP

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RIP

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Skinty popped into PSP-tv a few times. I can't remember if I was rude to him(I hope I wasn't), seemed nice enough.

RIP.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Knowing that people like him existed proves the internet was not a mistake. RIP

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
drat i remember him across the forums for years. that sucks. RIP.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

gently caress man I always liked his posts. RIP.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

RIP

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
RIP Skinty, gently caress cancer

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
This really hurts. Skinty was such a funny and witty person. RIP, friend.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Man, that's awful. :( Condolences to his family, and gently caress cancer.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

In more positive news I found out my logs have not been completely deleted, and I have a history of convos with him dating all the way back to March of 2012. This makes me very happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm sad for wrestlehut people to die. I think we were on a Royal Rumble team once and it was a lot of fun :(

When I die punching people on the Dumbo ride at Walt Disney World, please make my death thread a celebration of my terrible posts.

• Locked thread