Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Oh, apparently it was the fastest triple double in history. Did it in 14:33 of playing time. That boy ain't right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CRISPYBABY posted:

Oh, apparently it was the fastest triple double in history. Did it in 14:33 of playing time. That boy ain't right.

He beat a 'rumored' record by 3 full minutes

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CRISPYBABY posted:

:stare:

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Lol I’ve been producing a documentary about Jim Tucker for the past year and we’re just about to release it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Lol I’ve been producing a documentary about Jim Tucker for the past year and we’re just about to release it.

Well. Hope you don't have to change too much about it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A random thought after seeing some of the Flip tribute stuff.

The only two people honored in the rafters of the Target Center are a player who died in a drunk driving accident (hit by a DD) and a coach/GM who died of cancer.

Maybe that's why KG is so hesitant to have his number retired.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
https://twitter.com/bishopk0s/status/964348499931336704

Guessing she's a baseball fan. Lebron is smart as poo poo from everything I've ever heard about him.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Leaving high school to ball out is something to be proud of

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I successfully learned most of human knowledge in my senior year of high school

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm not surprised someone at Fox News is unable to understand someone actually being interested in what you have to offer before the age of 40

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

creamcorn posted:

Guessing she's a baseball fan. Lebron is smart as poo poo from everything I've ever heard about him.

It's Fox "News", it has nothing to do with the sport he's playing.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuvGt5eQ0VU

This is the all-star game I want.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

So, a rare situation of reading the comments and finding something cool

quote:

In 1974 Larry Bird was my P.E assistant when I was in the 8th grade and he was a senior at Springs Valley High School. At the beginning of each P.E. class we always ran 10 warmup laps around the gym. One day, a trampoline was set up on the basketball court and there was Larry Bird bouncing on it. As the whistle blew and we reluctantly lined up to run our laps, our teacher (who was also Larry's basketball coach) blew his whistle, and said "Larry is going to take 10 shots while jumping on the trampoline. If Larry makes any shots, each one made will delete a lap that you must run." Coach threw the ball to Larry and right there in front of me and the entire boys Jr. High P.E. class, Larry proceeded to hit 7 out of 10 shots while bouncing up and down on the trampoline, 40 feet away from the goal. Larry set an incredible example for me as a young boy in French Lick, Indiana that helped me through my entire adult career. If you are willing to work very hard and never give up, your dreams can and will come true. Thank you Larry.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

creamcorn posted:

Jesus loving Christ

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

creamcorn posted:

Why doesn't this disingenuous sack of poo poo call herself a doctor anymore?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Oh wait. I have the answer. She's a huckster, fraud, and has been for 20 years.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If she ended that with "As someone once said, shut up and jam" I might have rethought my political philosophy.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kull the Conqueror posted:

I know this pain. I'm sorry mate

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So, a rare situation of reading the comments and finding something cool

What a weird takeaway from that experience.

You see someone dropping half court shots on a trampoline and you're conclusion is "ah he learned to do that through practice" not "this man was born a one in a hundred million freak"

Bip Roberts fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 16, 2018

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Cleveland Cavaliers may have a $300 million roster next season if LeBron James remains with the franchise.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22420673/cavaliers-face-300-million-dollar-future-espn

The long and short is that they won't pay 300m, because Lebron won't come back, barring a crazy championship run that sparks brotherhood like the film Sideways.

But they'll be well placed to be a barely under the tax 8th seed that could be decent if they draft a couple good players, or could trade Kalvin Love and a few other people and tank once againe.

Black Sabas
Apr 29, 2015

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

It should be this
happy all-star weekend everybody :cheers:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

The Cleveland Cavaliers may have a $300 million roster next season if LeBron James remains with the franchise.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22420673/cavaliers-face-300-million-dollar-future-espn

The long and short is that they won't pay 300m, because Lebron won't come back, barring a crazy championship run that sparks brotherhood like the film Sideways.

But they'll be well placed to be a barely under the tax 8th seed that could be decent if they draft a couple good players, or could trade Kalvin Love and a few other people and tank once againe.

Windhorst is going to then spin it as that owners will never pay full price and that there is going to be another lockout and ignore everything else involved in all.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Doltos posted:

I successfully learned most of human knowledge in my senior year of high school

This explains so much

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bip Roberts posted:

What a weird takeaway from that experience.

You see someone dropping half court shots on a trampoline and you're conclusion is "ah he learned to do that through practice" not "this man was born a one in a hundred million freak"

I think Larry Bird practiced his shooting quite a bit, actually.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Steph Curry is alt-right

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Redgrendel2001 posted:

You're thinking of Laura Schlessinger i think.

Edit: Who also sucks.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

creamcorn posted:

"Must they run their mouths like that"

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

zoux posted:

"Must they run their mouths like that"

holy poo poo she literally does a nazi salute

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sorry to step in on racism chat but, just in case there were people not watching last night, I want to make sure people see my cool and good friend Jimmy Butler doing cool and good things

https://streamable.com/gv9lo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Yeah man where were you in 2016? That was at the RNC.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

What else would you do at the RNC?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

She does a nazi salute in the direction of a huge picture of Trump on a titantron

Anyway I'm glad Bron speaks his mind on this issue and it's insane to call him stupid, he's brilliant.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Burn it down

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The companion photo

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Let's all move to Canada, birthplace of the inventor of basketball, James Naismith.

edit: Here's the Flip Saunders tribute ceremony from last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaoKLGzqmtw

KG wasn't there cuz :airquote: scheduling :airquote:

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 16, 2018

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Laura Ingraham is dumb as poo poo and infiltrated LGBT meetings at Dartmouth to out students

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Friends don’t let friends get trolled by dumb racist bums. Don’t give her the satisfaction of your attention.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah man where were you in 2016? That was at the RNC.

I dont normally watch White Supremacist conventions, sorry.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

I dont normally watch White Supremacist conventions, sorry.

Yeah I don't watch too many Jazz games either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jerry Sloan hasn't been coach for years man

• Locked thread