Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

VJeff posted:

Wait, what loving authority does WWE have to tell her to do that, she doesn't loving work for them.

She's employed as a writer for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Wait, what loving authority does WWE have to tell her to do that, she doesn't loving work for them.

She's on a legends contract with them, last I heard.

Imagine me posting a picture of Road Dogg here. God loving drat he needs to be removed from creative. He's offensively bad at this point. It doesn't help that he lashes out at anyone on twitter who dares to criticize his booking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I remember when it first started Raw booked the 6 way tag like 3 weeks in a row, but something caused it not to happen every time.

Smackdown just ran it repeatedly.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Road Dogg is a scapegoat for Vince McMahon's plans. Stay woke friends.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Free tv matches don't really matter as long as they take up the time it takes to sell people on the network. i remember when they used to run evolution vs whoever over and over as the main event of raw throughout 2003 and 2004 and it was one of the peaks of the industry. It wastes less time that Can be used on other things to book tag matches and multi-wrestler matches and people love to see them because of the spectacle.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

keevo posted:

Road Dogg is a scapegoat for Vince McMahon's plans. Stay woke friends.

He's still a weird trash man who swears up and down that 50/50 booking is a great idea so he probably shouldn't be in the same building as creative

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Aphrodite posted:

I remember when it first started Raw booked the 6 way tag like 3 weeks in a row, but something caused it not to happen every time.

Smackdown just ran it repeatedly.

Someone needs to add up the amount of Multi-women matches Smackdown has done since the brand split. It has to be in the high 30's by now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JT Smiley posted:

Someone needs to add up the amount of Multi-women matches Smackdown has done since the brand split. It has to be in the high 30's by now.

If you wanna get nuts, throw in how many "2-3 women standing on each side of Daniel Bryan or Shane McMahon" segments too.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
remember when road dogg said wins and losses don't matter

like it's one thing to say that, it's another to say that and then book in such a way that makes it very clear you think wins and losses matter

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

rovert posted:

WWE told her to take the auction down as they were angry about the incident:

https://twitter.com/bleedingcool/status/960967934410674176

litas better than basically everyone in corporate, I feel comfortable saying that

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

shiksa posted:

litas better than basically everyone in corporate, I feel comfortable saying that

Almost assuredly

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Honestly assuming that they quashed it only because it was a waste of a branding opportunity, and expecting that Stephanie will go public with a very diplomatically-worded variation meant to make WWE look good

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

VJeff posted:

They might throw a frivolous libel lawsuit at her. Don't any of y'all say that this isn't how libel works, that ain't the point, they would just crush her with their wallet keeping her indefinitely saying that.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Honestly assuming that they quashed it only because it was a waste of a branding opportunity, and expecting that Stephanie will go public with a very diplomatically-worded variation meant to make WWE look good

The McMahons are in tight with Trump, they are not going to support a movement that directly challenges his legitimacy

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Road Dogg's booking philosophy is very sound. Here's hoping it spreads to RAW. They should tape some stupid rear end show no one watches after RAW and then ensure that Roman Reigns never appears during all 3 hours of the program so the fans will stick around for his dark match after they finish taping whatever the stupid show following RAW is. Never having your brand's top star appear on television is great, I love it.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

The McMahons are in tight with Trump, they are not going to support a movement that directly challenges his legitimacy

Please. They're carnies, and corporate moguls of the entertainment industry. It's the perfect storm of utter shamelessness and fondness for mealy-mouthed "taking a stand" that only serves to flatter them. We have yet to see how incoherent things could get.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Tato posted:

Road Dogg's booking philosophy is very sound. Here's hoping it spreads to RAW. They should tape some stupid rear end show no one watches after RAW and then ensure that Roman Reigns never appears during all 3 hours of the program so the fans will stick around for his dark match after they finish taping whatever the stupid show following RAW is. Never having your brand's top star appear on television is great, I love it.

We're talking about Smackdown, friend

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

If/when there is a smoking gun on the Russia investigation, Rusev will be back on his Putintron THAT DAY. The McMahons would never pass up a dollar for the sake of loyalty. Right now they just think there are more dollars in completely avoiding politics than picking a side on their TV. They're trying to quash Lita out of cowardice, nothing more.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

If you wanna get nuts, throw in how many "2-3 women standing on each side of Daniel Bryan or Shane McMahon" segments too.

Remember when Ronda Rousey made UFC millions by standing shoulder-to-shoulder with her opponents backstage, all of them in their fighting gear despite none of them fighting that night, delivering afterschool-level trash talk about Making An Impact and Blazing Trails and Empowering?

... wait, they didn't do that? They just wanted to beat each others' asses and told people to pay money to see it? Hmm, does not compute.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Benne posted:

Remember when Ronda Rousey made UFC millions by standing shoulder-to-shoulder with her opponents backstage, all of them in their fighting gear despite none of them fighting that night, delivering afterschool-level trash talk about Making An Impact and Blazing Trails and Empowering?

... wait, they didn't do that? They just wanted to beat each others' asses and told people to pay money to see it? Hmm, does not compute.

They must not have heard that philanthropy is how brands are going to do marketing in the future.

Too bad no one was on hand to tell them that they didn't know and to call someone for further information.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

It’s like how Stone Cold Steve Austin drew millions of eyes to WWF, by getting all misty eyed over his Opportunity to have a Wrestlemania Moment

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

wyoak posted:

this probably belongs in the questions thread but was jeff jarrett ever actually good at anything besides saying slap nuts?

Double J Double MA was one of the most legitimately hilarious gimmicks I've seen in decades.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

imagine being the kind of piece of poo poo human being that gives money to the WWE and encourages.others to as well

jfc

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I'd like a total count of every wrestler's 3vs3 count in the last 3 years. There's no way the top 3 in the company aren't Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky, then after a HUGE drop you get naomi, then finally the new day after another huge drop.

Becky better be careful throwing shade at the writers or she's gonna get Emma'D. I dunno which level of Emma'D but one of them. I hope its Beckylina cause the thought of the dorkiest woman on the roster trying to be a vixen sounds like it'd be a garbage fire thats so bad it wraps around to being good.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 16, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rovert posted:

WWE told her to take the auction down as they were angry about the incident:

https://twitter.com/bleedingcool/status/960967934410674176

gently caress WWE :mad:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blaise330 posted:

I'd like a total count of every wrestler's 3vs3 count in the last 3 years. There's no way the top 3 in the company aren't Charlotte, Sasha, and Becky, then after a HUGE drop you get naomi, then finally the new day after another huge drop.

Becky better be careful throwing shade at the writers or she's gonna get Emma'D. I dunno which level of Emma'D but one of them. I hope its Beckylina cause the thought of the dorkiest woman on the roster trying to be a vixen sounds like it'd be a garbage fire thats so bad it wraps around to being good.

I hope it's the level where she has good matches, on television, and not the level where she's fired for it.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

HerraS posted:

imagine being the kind of piece of poo poo human being that gives money to the WWE and encourages.others to as well

jfc

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HerraS posted:

jfc

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

There is no ethical wrestling under capitalism

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There is, in my opinion, an extremely tangible irony in posting or empty quoting that kind of sentiment in the WWE thread, especially if I can click the upside down question mark in any given WWE thread and see multiple pages of posts with your name, but hey I'm just the kind of poo poo person who gives money to WWE so what do I know. :shrug:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Pirate streams of WWE content are widely available, people watching WWE is no real indication of whether or not they're supporting them financially.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Maybe vince had lita squash that auction because he wanted to buy it for a large sum so he could sleep with it every night.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

VJeff posted:

There is, in my opinion, an extremely tangible irony in posting or empty quoting that kind of sentiment in the WWE thread, especially if I can click the upside down question mark in any given WWE thread and see multiple pages of posts with your name, but hey I'm just the kind of poo poo person who gives money to WWE so what do I know. :shrug:

Everyone watches everything legally here on SA

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Everyone watches everything legally here on SA

Or, nobody watches anything and still talks about it here on SA.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

St Evan Echoes posted:

It’s like how Stone Cold Steve Austin drew millions of eyes to WWF, by getting all misty eyed over his Opportunity to have a Wrestlemania Moment

Remember when Commissioner Slaughter berated and threatened to fire Shawn Michaels, HHH, Chyna, and Rick Rude because they disrespected authority, and the original members of DX stood there and took it in silence because they were afraid of being homeless?

It was right around the time that The Rock was cutting promos about how he's the hardest worker in the WWF and how night after night he steals the show.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Or, nobody watches anything and still talks about it here on SA.

This definitely applies to me and wrestling

(and I can't watch raw or smackdown legally here anyway)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I often watch 0 to 10 minutes of wwe each week, but love to post, and read the impassioned posts Of others.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So it was brought up in the stupid wrestling fan thread, but Aphrodite reminded me that Carmella has the Money in the Bank briefcase. I wonder if WWE regrets putting it on her? She's pretty much completely dead in the water. No one takes her seriously anymore, and she lost all of her heat after James Ellsworth was released. While her cashing in could give her some momentum back, I don't see it lasting long, considering no one takes her seriously at all, along with the fact that she had the most losses of any main roster woman in 2017. I think her winrate in 2017 was 10.1%. For reference, the three lowest winrates among the women's main roster in 2017 was Nia Jax (14.1%), Tamina (12.4%), and Carmella (10.1%).

On the other hand, I can't see her losing the cash in either. But if the rumors are true about Asuka vs Charlotte being the Wrestlemania matchup, her window to cash in is rapidly closing. WWE isn't high enough on Carmella to have her cash in and beat Asuka, so her only real time to cash in would be sometime in the next few weeks (Fastlane is probably the best time, considering we'll probably get Ruby Riott vs Charlotte, and Riott Squad can beat down Charlotte post match).

Which also begs the question, does Carmella even have a non submission finisher move? That isn't a roll up?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently she does a superkick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There was some article from a former WWE writer where he just flat out said they just pick a guy to get the briefcase without having any kind of long-term plan, have him lose because hey, he's got the briefcase, he can afford it and then almost always get buyer's remorse on them.

I've said this a few times, but Carmella cut the best promo of her life after MitB and the only good thing from that farce of a match was that she genuinely did have a lot of heat and momentum. And then WWE promptly did gently caress-all for the next eight months and now she's at rock bottom and staring down the barrel of a situation where her choices are A) Fail to cash in on Asuka, B) Fail to cash in on Rousey, C) Oh and by the way, the briefcase expires in June. It's total bullshit.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 16, 2018

• Locked thread