Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I've said it plenty of times before but, even though I still hate that we gave him a mini-max and would rather have LaVine to be the third/fourth guy because he would have fit the role better, I would lay way off on Wiggins if he'd stop taking so many loving stupid shots and could raise his FT% to something vaguely respectable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

dokmo posted:

Wiggins is 22. When derozan was that age he was equally awful.

Dexo posted:

Nah gotta write people off. Can't consider someone getting better.

Be like me. Never write a player off as trash because of a bad start of their career.
I suppose everyone hated Kris Dunn and short of trying to eat the floorboards, he's had an unpredictable turnaround.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

as president of the Russell Westbrook fan club this is 100% accurate and I am very excited by it

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

IcePhoenix posted:

I've said it plenty of times before but, even though I still hate that we gave him a mini-max and would rather have LaVine to be the third/fourth guy because he would have fit the role better, I would lay way off on Wiggins if he'd stop taking so many loving stupid shots and could raise his FT% to something vaguely respectable.

Demar always had a great FT%. Having a bad FT% as a wing is the first mark of being lazy in my mind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

scuz posted:

I suppose everyone hated Kris Dunn and short of trying to eat the floorboards, he's had an unpredictable turnaround.

His TS is still incredibly bad so I'm not sure I'd go that far.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Demar always had a great FT%. Having a bad FT% as a wing is the first mark of being lazy in my mind.

Wiggins first 3 years he had a better FT% than that lazy bum of a wing player Lebron James

IcePhoenix posted:

He's a rotation player now. The jump between where he was to that is probably about the same as a rotation player becoming a star.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Well yeah, he's not getting worse, was basically what I was trying to get across. The bar was so low for Dunn you coulda tripped over it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wiggins, a bad player, is always healthy which gives you the value of always having a bad player on the floor

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hey guys hey guys Kevin Love is fat and bad.

*Insert Photoshop of K Love with the basketball replaced by a jelly doughnut.*

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I feel like if Wiggins could make free throws he'd probably drive to the basket more which would solve both the "bad at free throws" and "takes loving stupid shots" problems at once.

Lockback posted:

Wiggins first 3 years he had a better FT% than that lazy bum of a wing player Lebron James

I know you're being hyperbolic but Lebron also plays defense, passes the ball, and rebounds though.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Um excuse me. Kevin Dunn is a rising star.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Denver when the kgb lawyer met with trump in trump tower to discuss dirt on Clinton lmao

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
euphronius is posting DND in the SAS again :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

euphronius posted:

Denver when the kgb lawyer met with trump in trump tower to discuss dirt on Clinton lmao

:thunk:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I'm not saying Wiggins is definitively bad, but I think my offseason take of "There's no reason the Timberwolves should be giving Andrew Wiggins a max extension a year before they have to" is aging pretty well

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sorry !!!

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

dokmo posted:

I mean you're not wrong, but the single year regression he's had this year has been worrisome. Obviously he's in a totally different situation usage wise from his previous years, but his %'s are down across the board.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
On the one hand, it looked like Ingram really needed the break after the third quarter of the Wolves game. On the other, all star break is basically interrupting him playing pretty good basketball and like so far interruptions for him always have disrupted him doing good things for a while.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IcePhoenix posted:

I know you're being hyperbolic but Lebron also plays defense, passes the ball, and rebounds though.

I was responding to the "Free Throw % is a sign a wing is lazy" portion, obviously Wiggins is nowhere near the track Lebron was on early in his career.

CRISPYBABY posted:

I mean you're not wrong, but the single year regression he's had this year has been worrisome. Obviously he's in a totally different situation usage wise from his previous years, but his %'s are down across the board.

I agree here. The "Wiggins must be bad" narrative is way too early but the "Wiggins may not fit on this roster" is pretty legit. He is still important to the team as he is a matchup mismatch for a lot of smaller wings and if Butler is cold its really nice to have another perimeter scorer who is not Jeff Teague. But you can get a lot of that from guys who are also better defenders, or at least are better off-ball. Either Wiggins will have to pick up those skills or something will need to change.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

IcePhoenix posted:

Sorry to step in on racism chat but, just in case there were people not watching last night, I want to make sure people see my cool and good friend Jimmy Butler doing cool and good things

https://streamable.com/gv9lo

That pin against the rim, ohh boy.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Lol who tf is the reporter(s?) asking these questions
https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/964580820789878784
"When you see an attractive female you like, what is your go to line?"

MelancholyMark fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Feb 16, 2018

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
More importantly, who is that reporter trying to give Embiid guff for a "Who wants to sex Mutombo?" reference

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

xbilkis posted:

More importantly, who is that reporter trying to give Embiid guff for a "Who wants to sex Mutombo?" reference
Some rando dude who recently got put on the Jazz beat

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MelancholyMark posted:

Some rando dude who recently got put on the Jazz beat

Utah reporter an annoying prude, more at 11

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

euphronius posted:

Roger.from frankfurt to frisco we destroy every disco.

Uh,i mean,who do you guys think the 76ers should go after in fa?assuming reddick stays.i mean everyone knows lebron is going there,but they could also improve their bench.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If the Lakers aren't backed into the corner of having to pay KCP, Philadelphia seems like his next likely scam target.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ChainsawCharlie posted:

Roger.from frankfurt to frisco we destroy every disco.

Uh,i mean,who do you guys think the 76ers should go after in fa?assuming reddick stays.i mean everyone knows lebron is going there,but they could also improve their bench.

I don't know. It's always possible they use that space for a trade too. (Wiggins?)

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Dejan Bimble posted:

I know this pain. I'm sorry mate

Thanks but it looks like it's been a major boon for us. We got mentioned in WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.514114451f74

Traffic has spiked hilariously for the film, especially in Serbia.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's most likely they renounce Redick and resign him to a full mid level. By we shall see.

Well I guess there is nothing to renounce but you know what I mean.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759858-game-of-zones-2018-nba-all-star-special-kyries-farewell

New Game of Zones

1: I am legitimately upset that they didn't include the Butler trade

2: :lol: the loving Wojbomb

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback goes to sleep dreaming of sweet long bombs from Wiggins and Beli

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

euphronius posted:

This is a Russian psyop to provide kompromat on the posters here and spread disinformatskya. It’s time for some game theory. the game of basketball is badass

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759858-game-of-zones-2018-nba-all-star-special-kyries-farewell

New Game of Zones

1: I am legitimately upset that they didn't include the Butler trade

2: :lol: the loving Wojbomb
holy :lol:

"if the world is indeed round" is a masterpiece

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Black Sabas posted:

happy all-star weekend everybody :cheers:

lol

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
So happy about Embiid making that Mutumbo reference.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

dokmo posted:

Wasn't DeRozan especially raw when he was drafted, with the story being that he would've (or would've been expected to?) stayed in school another year if he didn't have to pay for his mom's lupus treatment?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

Wasn't DeRozan especially raw when he was drafted, with the story being that he would've (or would've been expected to?) stayed in school another year if he didn't have to pay for his mom's lupus treatment?

He was a raw prospect, though I am not sure if he would have benefited in terms of his development staying in school another year. It might have helped his draft stock though, 2009 was pretty strong in the top 10 and 2010 fell off a cliff pretty fast (DeRozan proably would have gone around Wes Johnson). I don't think that's a good reason to stay in most cases.

If your a lottery prospect, you'll develop more and make more money if you come out in 99% of the situations.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Black Sabas posted:

happy all-star weekend everybody :cheers:

lol

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
ESPN just put out a pretty good piece on Demar's upbringing, good read. I knew he had afucked up childhood. I didn't quite realize how hosed up.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22454605/the-virtue-demar-derozan

quote:

At 5 years old, DeMar attended his first funeral. His uncle Kevin had been shot in the heart by a member of the rival Bloods gang. If Diane recalls her brother as "a good guy who went to work every day," DeMar remembers him as "one of the biggest Crips in Compton." It was as if someone famous had died. "Kind of like a parade," he says.

"I've been to so many funerals in the hood, I lost count," Diane says. "But that was the first time DeMar knew of death."

He has seen drive-bys at funerals. He has seen people die at funerals.

"Always extra drama," he says. "You carry that hatred and frustration with you."

"People ask me what I would have done if it wasn't for basketball," he says. "I can never give a good story because I honestly don't know. I had no other options."

Wiggins on the other hand grew up in one of the most boring, quaint suburbs of Toronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man, that's some heavy poo poo.

• Locked thread