Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
I'm almost finished with Yanov now, apparently pripyat will be the last area for me to do. That makes me sad, this game is awesome. Guess I will definitely be checking out some of the mods for CoP. That or start searching anomalies for artifacts, I've only found 1 artifact so far in this game. In SoC they were everywhere, I wasn't expecting to have to actually search for them. Maybe I'll even check out clear sky after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
In CoP, it's easy enough to just whip it out (your dicketector) when near anomalies, once you've cleared the local wildlife and hostiles. If your unit :quagmire: can spot 'em, then you can have the fun of attempting retrieval. Shooting them out of the death zone sometimes helps, as well as checking nearby in case one or more got kicked out via physics glitching. Finding Fireballs 30 yards dowhill from a fiery anomaly field is nice...

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Rock Puncher posted:

Maybe I'll even check out clear sky after this.

Clear Sky is definitely worth playing. It's easily the weakest of the trilogy, but it's not a bad game.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I showed the steam thread that I played Clear Sky the most out of the trilogy, and got called a troll :negative:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Morter posted:

I showed the steam thread that I played Clear Sky the most out of the trilogy, and got called a troll :negative:

Displaying their colors as true noobs for not knowing about TFW.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

turn off the TV posted:

Displaying their colors as true noobs for not knowing about TFW.

I heard amazing things about this but IIRC it was a massive pain in the rear end to install as well as buggy to play. Maybe time to give it another chance.

Edit:

Does installing the Warfare and/or DoctorX faction relation mods for CoC require starting a new game? I'm assuming yes but hey, on the off chance I'm wrong...

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 10, 2018

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sininu posted:

How did artifact hunting in vanilla SoC work without detectors?

You just explored the zone. They were normally near anomalies though. The prob with vanilla is that once you took them, that was it, there were never respawns

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Sininu posted:

Wild Territory has a train wagon that has a bandit spawn behind it near the tower that you can climb. I once heard someone talking about something behind it and went to check it out, it was a single bandit talking to himself or something. Now I just returned from Yantar and heard bandits again behind that train wagon. This time multiple! So I climb atop the tower to see if I can snipe anyone, I couldn't but I had a better plan by then. Just throw a single grenade behind it. Seconds later a dude just flies out from behind the wagon and 5 gray dots appear on the minimap.
That felt amazing.

Would take a screenshot of the location, but none of the screen capture programs or print screen works with this game for me.

I know where you are....show up after midnight and that little doorway behind those train cars spawns a moonlight artifact

aniviron posted:

I played through Clear Sky the last few days because I've been sick, STALKER is comfort food in gaming form, and I hadn't played CS in years and years.

But okay it left me with two questions.

1) Where the gently caress do Snorks come from? They're clearly not just normal zombified STALKERS who have gone through the brain scorcher, but if they're not STALKERs, then where are the humans coming from? I'd ask a similar question about Controllers but there are few enough of them you could handwave it that they were made in one of the labs or something.

2) Is there any good reason that, during the finale when you have to shoot Strelock 33 times with the electromagnetic rifle, you wouldn't just... kill him instead? I mean, I know killing him fucks up the timeline and makes SoC not happen, but is there any good reason besides "we hosed up the writing" for you not just shooting him once in the head with an SVU?

Snorks are the military personnel that got caught in the 2006 accident. So god only knows how many hundreds/thousands were there.

I imagine some people would be interested in knowing what he knows...sort of the same reason you're encouraged to save him and his docs in CoP

Rock Puncher posted:

I'm almost finished with Yanov now, apparently pripyat will be the last area for me to do. That makes me sad, this game is awesome. Guess I will definitely be checking out some of the mods for CoP. That or start searching anomalies for artifacts, I've only found 1 artifact so far in this game. In SoC they were everywhere, I wasn't expecting to have to actually search for them. Maybe I'll even check out clear sky after this.

CoP doesn't end unless you choose it to. And there are still a mission or two that will take you back to Jupiter/Zaton via the guide who pops up

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Feb 12, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I'm about to play the GOG version of Call of Pripyat, is there anything else I need to download or is this version good to go?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

It feels odd that in Misery / STALKER weapons packs etc there are no .22LR weapons. You'd think there would be a lot of old lovely farm rifles floating around.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

frajaq posted:

I'm about to play the GOG version of Call of Pripyat, is there anything else I need to download or is this version good to go?

Any mods? CoP is the one Stalker game that's very functional out of the box. I'd probably install a weapon sound mod because vanilla weapon sounds are noticeably awful.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I meant more like bug fixes or unofficial patches, stuff I was used to when playing Fallout New Vegas

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
So here's some good news

https://www.pcgamer.com/metro-exodus-is-bigger-than-2033-and-last-light-combined/

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I havent touched Lost Alpha since it came out eons ago but I have around 10 hours in Lost Alpha Directors Cut and its pretty good so far. Its nice seeing a lot of areas reimagined but still functionally similar. Lake Yantar is really pretty and feels like an actual place. New bar area is cool, though still controlled by Duty. Garbage was probably the strangest redesign and could probably use some (more) downsizing? Darkscape has an atmospheric dockyard. All in all, the maps feel well mad and interesting. The Sin faction is a little oddball though. A second, less interesting version of Monolith. Their apparent leader is a butterfaced goon which is funny.

As for the negatives, I hate how bullet spongy everything is. Ammo feels scarce because even lowly Flesh herds require silly amount of ammo to take care of. A casual search of moddb doesn't show any weapon damage fixes. Would you guys have any suggestions? Its my primary gripe with the game but seems like one of the easier things to fix. That and some missions appear to be stealth based? Given how Stalker handles stealth, they go as poorly as you'd expect. Luckily the few i've failed seemed to be sidequests. A mod author made a suggestion on how to complete one of them which he basically said "study the map! create rolling saves. this takes 30 minutes if you do it right!" He must have been drinking the Misery koolaid.

That all said, its a really fun mod and feels refreshing. Apparently the ending for this game has a really stupid way of summarizing the plot, but Stalker has been more about the universe than the story for me. We'll see!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

buglord posted:

Any mods? CoP is the one Stalker game that's very functional out of the box. I'd probably install a weapon sound mod because vanilla weapon sounds are noticeably awful.

Arsenal Overhaul and increased Damage are what I'd recommend.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Arcsquad12 posted:

Arsenal Overhaul and increased Damage are what I'd recommend.

Does AO even exist for Lost Alpha? I didnt see it in the mod addons page. I think im also going to download the Extended Pack since that apparently fixes some of the damage values. http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/addons/extended-pack-for-lostalpha-dc-14005

More weapons would be cool too though.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
Hey does anyone have a potential fix for something I'm experiencing with base Call of Chernobyl? When I use a scope (went Clear Sky, started with a 1911 and killed a military dude with a sniper rifle) or my binoculars the texture for it is all hosed up and is a small part of the upper left corner of my screen, but the proper texture looks to be just off the right side of my screen? The worst part is the Upper Left view is totally misaligned for shooting and caused me to miss my targets by a lot.

Also, two more questions, is it possible to use Arsenal Overhaul with CoC (I downloaded it and put it in my CoP folder, but I don't think it worked, does it need to be in my CoC gamedata folder?), and also what can I do to lower durability loss on my weapons? Base CoC feels like I'm losing 10% of my durability after 30 or 40 rounds which, yeah is difficult, but also feels kinda dumb and is a bit or an annoyance.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Jumpoff posted:

Hey does anyone have a potential fix for something I'm experiencing with base Call of Chernobyl? When I use a scope (went Clear Sky, started with a 1911 and killed a military dude with a sniper rifle) or my binoculars the texture for it is all hosed up and is a small part of the upper left corner of my screen, but the proper texture looks to be just off the right side of my screen? The worst part is the Upper Left view is totally misaligned for shooting and caused me to miss my targets by a lot.

I had this issue a long time ago with regular SOC and it was because my screen size wasn't set right in my settings because Clear Sky fuckered all my settings to run it.

quote:

Also, two more questions, is it possible to use Arsenal Overhaul with CoC (I downloaded it and put it in my CoP folder, but I don't think it worked, does it need to be in my CoC gamedata folder?), and also what can I do to lower durability loss on my weapons? Base CoC feels like I'm losing 10% of my durability after 30 or 40 rounds which, yeah is difficult, but also feels kinda dumb and is a bit or an annoyance.

AO works, drop it in CoC. CoP has nothing to do with CoC except being a check to make sure you bought at least one stalker game and aren't getting this for free.
AO kinda solves your second prob. Some weapons deteriorate stupid fast like a few sub machine guns I've used. after five mags they would be a quarter gone. Other weapons, once you upgrade them, never seem to deteriorate.

Tonight I lost Sakahrov. Went running into Yantar just as a blowout was in swing. Since he spawns outside the bunker there was no one to protect him from zombies on the hill and a few snorks as he casually strolled around outside, he died.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

I had this issue a long time ago with regular SOC and it was because my screen size wasn't set right in my settings because Clear Sky fuckered all my settings to run it.

AO works, drop it in CoC. CoP has nothing to do with CoC except being a check to make sure you bought at least one stalker game and aren't getting this for free.
AO kinda solves your second prob. Some weapons deteriorate stupid fast like a few sub machine guns I've used. after five mags they would be a quarter gone. Other weapons, once you upgrade them, never seem to deteriorate.

Tonight I lost Sakahrov. Went running into Yantar just as a blowout was in swing. Since he spawns outside the bunker there was no one to protect him from zombies on the hill and a few snorks as he casually strolled around outside, he died.

I got all my problems fixed, i forgot to patch CoC to 1.4.22 and that fixed my scope issue, and while i haven't played enough Arsenal Overhaul to see if the durability issues are fixed on my weapons but they sure look and sound good.

I started as Clear Sky due to a lot of thread recommendations and managed to get a start with a 1911 that came with a suppressor. Silently taking out bandits and military has netted me an AN94 and a Dragunov. I have no idea where to find any basic tools, and i can't give any technician the advanced tools i have until i find the basic ones :negative:

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Tools frequently pop up in quest reward stashes. Doing more quests is usually the solution to gameplay questions in CoC.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

my bony fealty posted:

Tools frequently pop up in quest reward stashes. Doing more quests is usually the solution to gameplay questions in CoC.

I found a set or two in unmarked stashes as well. Once you hit a certain rank or some other prerequisite, they will occasionally be sold by traders.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Jumpoff posted:

I got all my problems fixed, i forgot to patch CoC to 1.4.22 and that fixed my scope issue, and while i haven't played enough Arsenal Overhaul to see if the durability issues are fixed on my weapons but they sure look and sound good.

I started as Clear Sky due to a lot of thread recommendations and managed to get a start with a 1911 that came with a suppressor. Silently taking out bandits and military has netted me an AN94 and a Dragunov. I have no idea where to find any basic tools, and i can't give any technician the advanced tools i have until i find the basic ones :negative:

There's a set of tools in the stash behind the anomaly field in Army Warehouses by the Radar entrance. I also got a Veles detector out of it, but after a death when I reloaded the detector wasn't there. A few reloads later it popped up again.

I think the M4 family of rifles was one of the ones once upgraded I hardly ever had to repair them

I started the latest play through as an ecologist in Jupiter. Weapons weren't an issue as there are always good spots for gunfights you can swoop in and grab everything from. My first five minutes I had a Steyr and a tactical saiga that loving owns everything 6 rounds to down a chimera and two mags to drop a pseudogiant

Vorenus posted:

I found a set or two in unmarked stashes as well. Once you hit a certain rank or some other prerequisite, they will occasionally be sold by traders.

This too, the Duty trader in the Bar area will sell all three eventually.
If you go for stashes, look for the hard to get to unmarked ones, they usually have something good inside to reward you

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 15, 2018

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So I don't know if I need to spoiler or not but I will just in case, can remove them if needed.

So I just finished freeing the mole, when he tells me I should look for Strelock in the tunnels below. I went ahead and jumped in because why not. I was slowly making my way through fighting bandits and some military. Not bad. When all of a sudden there's this loud rear end yell. Next thing you know there's this predator shimmer and some glowing eyes charging at me. Just starting firing as fast as I could at the eyes. Took some damage and it's some weird squidface. Moved along a bit and cleared out some more military, now a bit more on edge. Found the stash and worked my way up the spiral stairs, when some weird thing kept throwing I guess my brain up and down a hallway. Had to reload after death that time, and I countered his brain blasts by firing wildly while sprinting down the tunnel. Got topside and immediately had like 10 military blasting me.

I did not realize this was that kinda game. Wow.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
welcome to the nonsensical world of stalker friend

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Inside Out Mom posted:

So I don't know if I need to spoiler or not but I will just in case, can remove them if needed.

So I just finished freeing the mole, when he tells me I should look for Strelock in the tunnels below. I went ahead and jumped in because why not. I was slowly making my way through fighting bandits and some military. Not bad. When all of a sudden there's this loud rear end yell. Next thing you know there's this predator shimmer and some glowing eyes charging at me. Just starting firing as fast as I could at the eyes. Took some damage and it's some weird squidface. Moved along a bit and cleared out some more military, now a bit more on edge. Found the stash and worked my way up the spiral stairs, when some weird thing kept throwing I guess my brain up and down a hallway. Had to reload after death that time, and I countered his brain blasts by firing wildly while sprinting down the tunnel. Got topside and immediately had like 10 military blasting me.

I did not realize this was that kinda game. Wow.

First one was a bloodsucker. They go invisible when they stalk, then turn visible right when they attack. SoC they can be seen even when cloaked as they have that weird predator camo and the glowing eyes. The other two games, hah, you're hosed

Second was called a controller. The brain loving is their psi attack, but they can't use it if they can't see you. But even if one is near by you'll experience this loud hollow noise and run like you're drunk. Fortunately they're not very common.
You will run across one later in the underground lab in Yantar and another in the sarcophagus when trying to get to the locked door or wish granter.
If you finish the bloodsucker village quest you get from freedom, controllers will spawn randomly in the village from time to time

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more
i realize the loud tinnitus sound of them being near is a good artistic decision but i loving haate that poo poo, like most games these days that have a similar sound when a grenade goes off give you the option to disable it

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Agroprom Underground is still one of the tensest areas in ShoC for me, even though i have played that section at least 20 or 30 times, but just knowing everything in that section and how relatively weak your character still is stresses me out.

CoC question, that i'm going to spoiler to not ruin the surprise for anyone who hasn't played it, what the gently caress kind of enemy is this weird rear end mist/black fog that creeps up on you and just viciously murders you silently? I ran into it in the Garbage while on a random mission and icouldn't find where to shoot it to do any damage to it.

Also, i started a separate playthrough with a Duty stalker and my first mission was to go into the wild territory and kill some mercs to stop them taking an area. I had nothing but my starting equipment (a USP and 100 .45 rounds) and managed it, walked out with a G36, a loving L115A1, and made enough cash to repair all of it, buy suppressors for my USP and G36, and some new armor (the Duty arnored suit, above the Universal Protection suit). This mod loving owns.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

The Jumpoff posted:

CoC question, that i'm going to spoiler to not ruin the surprise for anyone who hasn't played it, what the gently caress kind of enemy is this weird rear end mist/black fog that creeps up on you and just viciously murders you silently? I ran into it in the Garbage while on a random mission and icouldn't find where to shoot it to do any damage to it.

I'm not 100% about this but it sounds like it's a poltergeist, can be tricky to deal with. Look for something that looks like a ball of lightning in the mist and shoot at that.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Also, unrelated to your post, I love reading new players experiences :allears:

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Jarf posted:

I'm not 100% about this but it sounds like it's a poltergeist, can be tricky to deal with. Look for something that looks like a ball of lightning in the mist and shoot at that.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong.

Also, unrelated to your post, I love reading new players experiences :allears:

Nah it wasn't that, it wasn't tossing poo poo evrywhere, this was like the black mist from Lost, it moved a bit slower, wasn't on a set path, and it left a trail of smoke or fog or whatever behind it. It weirded me the gently caress out because i'd never seen anything like it

Also yeah, it's always entertaining to hear about the first time someone plays any of the games.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The Jumpoff posted:

Also, i started a separate playthrough with a Duty stalker and my first mission was to go into the wild territory and kill some mercs to stop them taking an area. I had nothing but my starting equipment (a USP and 100 .45 rounds) and managed it, walked out with a G36, a loving L115A1, and made enough cash to repair all of it, buy suppressors for my USP and G36, and some new armor (the Duty arnored suit, above the Universal Protection suit). This mod loving owns.

I did a pistols and sniper rifles only run in CoC and it was fun. Fully upgraded .45 pistols are beasts in close combat, their handling is so high it's easy to get those headshots close up. Mutants are tougher without shotguns but Hydra-Shok ammo helps a lot there, as does the superior handling which lets you get in a lot of shots quickly after scrambling out of the way of a pseudo giant for eg. It's very satisfying to take one down with a pistol.

I was using OWR, so no meme ammos and pistols but the base weapons are very good with OWR's reworked gunplay balance. OWR is very good in CoC 1.4, I think it gets overlooked for lack of quantity but the quality is very high.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

v1ld posted:

I did a pistols and sniper rifles only run in CoC and it was fun. Fully upgraded .45 pistols are beasts in close combat, their handling is so high it's easy to get those headshots close up. Mutants are tougher without shotguns but Hydra-Shok ammo helps a lot there, as does the superior handling which lets you get in a lot of shots quickly after scrambling out of the way of a pseudo giant for eg. It's very satisfying to take one down with a pistol.

I was using OWR, so no meme ammos and pistols but the base weapons are very good with OWR's reworked gunplay balance. OWR is very good in CoC 1.4, I think it gets overlooked for lack of quantity but the quality is very high.

I'll probably do a run with OWR but right now i'm having a blast with AO3, the weapons sound really good and the expanded scope options, along with suppressors no longer being one size fits all and an expanded SMG/PDW selection makes me think a sniper/PDW run would be super fun. And yeah the USP is a monster up close, and super fun to use.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

The Jumpoff posted:

I'm not certain what it is, but I've encountered them as well.I think it may be a more elite form of Poltergeist.

The Jumpoff posted:

Agroprom Underground is still one of the tensest areas in ShoC for me, even though i have played that section at least 20 or 30 times, but just knowing everything in that section and how relatively weak your character still is stresses me out.

I also started in the Bar as Duty. You pretty much break the entire game if you can beat the Arena matches, the total winnings will almost entirely finance a good AR+shotgun+armor. The balance is the 100k RU worth of ammo you'll need if you go anywhere near the Freedom base in Army Warehouses. I'm completely geared and I'm terrified to go anywhere near Yanov Station because my Gauss ammo isn't in the triple digits.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011

Vorenus posted:

I'm not certain what it is, but I've encountered them as well.I think it may be a more elite form of Poltergeist.

I also started in the Bar as Duty. You pretty much break the entire game if you can beat the Arena matches, the total winnings will almost entirely finance a good AR+shotgun+armor. The balance is the 100k RU worth of ammo you'll need if you go anywhere near the Freedom base in Army Warehouses. I'm completely geared and I'm terrified to go anywhere near Yanov Station because my Gauss ammo isn't in the triple digits.

Yeah i can't go to the Army warehouses from the Bar because there's a Chimera right at the point you spawn in, and given that killing a Pesudogiant took me 50 sniper rounds and then a solid 5 minutes of plinking at it from a distance with an AKS74U, i'm not gonna go toe to toe with a Chimera just yet.

I actually like having so few rounds. Everything is so tense and i know i have to maximize my shots as much as possible so it makes every looting opportunity super exciting.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Does AI in any Stalker game or mod have to manage ammo? I'm going through Lost Alpha right now in bandit country and these guys are dumping a hailstorm of lead on me, constantly. Luckily they have to reload at seemingly correct intervals, but its as if they're supplied by some magic ammo fairy.

Also I deduct a handful of respect points when I see a mod where there's blowouts added, but AI doesn't actually get affected by them.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
any yall heard about DESOLATE? Early Access on steam ( :( ), the trailer reminded me quite a lot of STALKER. Anomalies, mutants, large unknown area to explore. Russian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4v94AvECsg

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
From that trailer alone, it just looks kind of bad.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

buglord posted:

Does AI in any Stalker game or mod have to manage ammo? I'm going through Lost Alpha right now in bandit country and these guys are dumping a hailstorm of lead on me, constantly. Luckily they have to reload at seemingly correct intervals, but its as if they're supplied by some magic ammo fairy.

They do not, at least not in the base game. I always struggle with the military checkpoint coming out of the Clear Sky swamps the first time and playing it earlier this month there was a time where I was just low on ammo and being careful, but pinned. A single dude must've put 3-400 rounds into the wall next to me but of course when you loot him he has the same convenient 10-20 ammo as everyone else.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

aniviron posted:

They do not, at least not in the base game. I always struggle with the military checkpoint coming out of the Clear Sky swamps the first time and playing it earlier this month there was a time where I was just low on ammo and being careful, but pinned. A single dude must've put 3-400 rounds into the wall next to me but of course when you loot him he has the same convenient 10-20 ammo as everyone else.

Carrying just enough ammo is a very important STALKER skill.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

The Jumpoff posted:

It's along the lines of a Pyrogeist, it just doesn't have any attack except swarming you and hate loving you. I just avoid them or huck a few grenades

buglord posted:

Also I deduct a handful of respect points when I see a mod where there's blowouts added, but AI doesn't actually get affected by them.

I've watched AI get zombified by blowouts and killed by psy storms. I almost felt bad for them
The Zone giveth and the Zone taketh away

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

SocketWrench posted:

I've watched AI get zombified by blowouts and killed by psy storms. I almost felt bad for them
The Zone giveth and the Zone taketh away

One of the sadder things I have seen is two stalkers trying to get into a shed to take cover from an emission, but they got to the door at the same time and blocked each other, so they both died.