Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
For sale: stock car series. Just refurbished. Dwindling fanbase. Best offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

big nipples big life posted:

I've never played a fantasy sport before but I'll try it this year.

The way the Yahoo game was set up was you'd pick 1 starter from the "A" list (basically top 12 in points from the previous year), 2 from the "B" list (bottom of the top tier of drivers and midpackers), and then 1 from the "C" list (rookies and backmarkers). The NASCAR.com game (the new one we're playing) doesn't have those, rather just 10 starts for everybody, but you could approach the game the Yahoo way to manage the number of starts you get for each driver.

Don't quite know what to make of this. It would be hard to make the sport worse than it's become under Brian France's wisdom, but it could also get better. :shrug:

I wonder what happens to the FOX TV deal if Comcast were the buyer.

e- https://twitter.com/TeamHendrick/status/963420243078057987

It's a matter of time before he wins, but if he doesn't, he'll be the biggest bust since Casey Atwood and it will be glorious.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 13, 2018

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I imagine after Waltrip, NAPA is just surprised that some teams are actually professional.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

The way the Yahoo game was set up was you'd pick 1 starter from the "A" list (basically top 12 in points from the previous year), 2 from the "B" list (bottom of the top tier of drivers and midpackers), and then 1 from the "C" list (rookies and backmarkers). The NASCAR.com game (the new one we're playing) doesn't have those, rather just 10 starts for everybody, but you could approach the game the Yahoo way to manage the number of starts you get for each driver.

Don't quite know what to make of this. It would be hard to make the sport worse than it's become under Brian France's wisdom, but it could also get better. :shrug:

It's a matter of time before he wins, but if he doesn't, he'll be the biggest bust since Casey Atwood and it will be glorious.

If it means no more DW than I am 1000% for comcast buying it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I can't wait for 199 single file parade laps, I mean the daytona 500.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

I would suspect fewer broadcast/more cable channels.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Elephanthead posted:

That's unfair, the single file parade is reserved for the middle third of the race and the last 20 laps.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Gotta wait till the last lap so a yellow comes out and you lose.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elephanthead posted:

Lol just lol if you're watching it instead of sleeping in because you spent all night Friday and Saturday at the dirt track.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Elephanthead posted:

I call bullshit, they'll be wrecked by the end of the first stage if they leave the plates/package alone.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iwentdoodie posted:

Lol just lol if you're watching it instead of sleeping in because you spent all night Friday and Saturday at the dirt track.

That would be a hell of a sleep in with the race starting close to 3 because West Coast Audience.

(The trickiest decision during Speedweeks is which local racing to take in- pavement action at New Smyrna or the dirt at Volusia.

kidcoelacanth posted:

That's unfair, the single file parade is reserved for the middle third of the race and the last 20 laps.

In all seriousness, the 400 last year was entertaining because of the stages.

E- thinking back, I think the race did kind of suck in stage 3.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 13, 2018

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

CBJSprague24 posted:

He was really nipping at the heels of a win last year so I think he'll be able to close the deal on one this year.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

That would be a hell of a sleep in with the race starting close to 3 because West Coast Audience.

(The trickiest decision during Speedweeks is which local racing to take in- pavement action at New Smyrna or the dirt at Volusia.

In all seriousness, the 400 last year was entertaining because of the stages.

E- thinking back, I think the race did kind of suck in stage 3.

I've gone to 3 at Volusia so far and will be back Friday or Saturday, gotta make sure the big blocks will be there.

Is new Smyrna decent? Still haven't made it out that way. Hard to justify a 2hr drive got paved when I have East Bay and BRP in less than 45m.

DEMAG
Aug 14, 2003

You're it.

bigbillystyle posted:

He was really nipping at the heels of a win last year so I think he'll be able to close the deal on one this year.

I'm betting he and Bowman are total busts. Hendrick is going to be all Jimmie and Jimmie Jr.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

DEMAG posted:

I'm betting he and Bowman are total busts. Hendrick is going to be all Jimmie and Jimmie Jr.

Bowman did OK when he filled in for Jr. I mean judging by how the 88 ran for most of the last few years with Jr. in the car he pretty much ran what Jr. probably would have run. Bowman's average finish in 10 races was 19.7. I would hope that putting in a full off season with the team and then the full season that they would be able to put up a little bit better numbers but really an average finish of 19.7 is also ran status if your last name isn't Earnhardt I guess. E: Earnhardt had an average of 16th before hanging it up after 18 races that year. Really I'm just trying to justify defending Bowman because I like him and don't want him to be a bust.

Elliott I don't like but just seeing the way he ran last year he knows all the wrong moves and ways to lose races so I could see him putting at least one together and getting a win. Maybe he'll have like a sophomore slump other than picking up a win but all you need is a win to get in the chase so he would be able to run mediocre all year and still technically have his season be a "success".

bigbillystyle fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Feb 15, 2018

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DanicaMarketingMachine.exe has suffered a fatal error and will now reset.

http://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/22443631

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

Bowman did OK when he filled in for Jr. I mean judging by how the 88 ran for most of the last few years with Jr. in the car he pretty much ran what Jr. probably would have run. Bowman's average finish in 10 races was 19.7. I would hope that putting in a full off season with the team and then the full season that they would be able to put up a little bit better numbers but really an average finish of 19.7 is also ran status if your last name isn't Earnhardt I guess. E: Earnhardt had an average of 16th before hanging it up after 18 races that year. Really I'm just trying to justify defending Bowman because I like him and don't want him to be a bust.

Elliott I don't like but just seeing the way he ran last year he knows all the wrong moves and ways to lose races so I could see him putting at least one together and getting a win. Maybe he'll have like a sophomore slump other than picking up a win but all you need is a win to get in the chase so he would be able to run mediocre all year and still technically have his season be a "success".

Bowman's come closer to winning a race in the 88 in the past two years than Jr ever did. Anyway,

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Since it involves Barstool, I am now anti Denny time and pro JoLo.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

CBJSprague24 posted:

DanicaMarketingMachine.exe has suffered a fatal error and will now reset.

http://www.espn.com/racing/indycar/story/_/id/22443631

Is this like the time she didnt win pole for Daytona and the next day 'accidentally' posted a skin shot on twitter

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jayski/status/964178785565335553

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CactusWeasle posted:

Is this like the time she didnt win pole for Daytona and the next day 'accidentally' posted a skin shot on twitter

I wouldn't be shocked if it were one last "clever" PR ploy she/her handlers came up with, but it seems like she just genuinely slipped up.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Duuuaaaaalllsss

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Probably the line of Penske vs. the line of Hendrick on Sunday.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Yea those were some pretty junk races tonight. Even when the cars got double file in the second race, it didn't feel to me that there was much racing going on...felt a lot more like double file tip toeing. The cars are just super unstable. They very well may be fast or capable of getting big runs, but the drivers can't trust their cars. When diving out of line can send the car in front into a tail spin, that doens't encourage any kind of racing. Sunday's race is going to be single file and then frantic tip toeing for the final three laps as drivers try to make a move and realize that they don't dare make a move. It's going to be a points race kinda day.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone heading to Volusia, New Smyrna or Bubba this weekend?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FOX's pylon is now skinnier and transparent. There's also a line dividing the top 10 from the rest of the field.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It looks better, they could probably up the transparency a little more though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Visor cam owns, I wish I could watch whole races from it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Incoming crosspost:
https://twitter.com/Team_Penske/status/964514731749924864

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/mission-accomplished-danica-patrick-after-conservative-daytona-duel

quote:

Even though Patrick took part in a pair of Saturday practice sessions, this was the first time she had cars behind her, and it wasn’t a comfortable sensation.

Also regarding a possible NASCAR sale: Trading an entire fading motorsports empire for one NFL team is far, far too good a decision for it to ever be made by Brian France.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

shame on an IGA posted:

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/mission-accomplished-danica-patrick-after-conservative-daytona-duel

Also regarding a possible NASCAR sale: Trading an entire fading motorsports empire for one NFL team is far, far too good a decision for it to ever be made by Brian France.

What if that team is the Browns?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Who's Stan

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

I don't know, but now I'm worried about Stan :ohdear:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The guy from the Eminem song

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

The guy from the Eminem song

Is Dido inside the bed of the truck?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Dear Smoke
I wrote you, but you still ain't calling

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wasn't there a Stan in WCW?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

PleaseStan got rekt...
Just about how I feel about the whole stand kneel debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tater_salad posted:

PleaseStan got rekt...
Just about how I feel about the whole stand kneel debate

quote:

I seen this one poo poo on the news a couple weeks ago that made me sick
Some dude was drunk and drove his car over a bridge
and had his girlfriend in the trunk, and she was pregnant with his kid
and in the car they found a tape, but they didn't say who it was to
Come to think about, his name was...it was you
drat