Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So with the Rob the Rich, Give to the Poor quest, has anyone not been able to complete this because the vagabond is now in the pillory? Is he there because I murdered all the people I was stealing the quest items from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So just picked the game up finally..

The first perk I took was "Stronghold" which must be the best perk to take because 30% less stamina when you block is crazy.

I want to use maces instead of swords, but are maces hard to come by?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So with the Rob the Rich, Give to the Poor quest, has anyone not been able to complete this because the vagabond is now in the pillory? Is he there because I murdered all the people I was stealing the quest items from?

yeah im also having this issue and i dont know how to fix it

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Clanpot Shake posted:

The icon is money falling out of a purse - I'm guessing this means stealing?

It means you're wanted for crime and can pay a bounty to get out.
It turns into jail icon when you're going to be put in jail no matter what (usually for murder)

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

TomViolence posted:

yeah im also having this issue and i dont know how to fix it

I mean, it's actually cool if the game world is blaming all those murders on the vagabond and that I actually hosed up the quest that way, but if so there should be some indication that is what happened.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Fortunately I don't see many bandits using them, but you can get some good maces at the weaponsmith in Rattay.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Do you get this every time you satisfy your needs? Third female from a quest and I only now noticed it

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Is the NPC called Margaret important to any quests? She just fell from the sky and died, last save was 30 mins before this point so I'm kinda reluctant to reload.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Woohoo posted:

It means you're wanted for crime and can pay a bounty to get out.
It turns into jail icon when you're going to be put in jail no matter what (usually for murder)

Does this go away after some time or do I have to face the music?

BillBear posted:

Is the NPC called Margaret important to any quests? She just fell from the sky and died, last save was 30 mins before this point so I'm kinda reluctant to reload.

Morrowind reference?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

BillBear posted:

“Did it hurt?”

tehllama
Apr 30, 2009

Hook, swing.
Horses have body and head armor slots, but does any armor for them actually exist?

e: Other than caparisons

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat Kunesh, i feel like a badass

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

I beat Kunesh, i feel like a badass

He kicked my rear end, so I rounded up my boys and we all wailed on him until he paid up.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Is there no way to change this game’s difficulty?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Phi230 posted:

So I lock picked a door on someone's house

I broke a pick though so they woke up

I hide

They close the door and lock it again

gently caress

been reading through this thread and nothing has made me laugh as hard as this

ahahahahahaha fuckin wrecked

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
ok this drunk priest dude is my buddy

Rock Puncher
Jul 26, 2014
Tips for beating the life out of kunesh and unarmed combat in general:

Use the high ground. There's a small hill next to kunesh's house, stand high and aim high, they seem to have a much harder time blocking when you're slightly taller than them. Also if you never run out of stamina he can never actually beat you from my experience.

Rock Puncher fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Feb 17, 2018

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

TipsyMcStagger posted:

So just picked the game up finally..

The first perk I took was "Stronghold" which must be the best perk to take because 30% less stamina when you block is crazy.

Maces are hard to come but you can find them occasionally or just buy one from the store.

I think that maces suck at jabs which can be a problem against enemies with decent blocking skills, and you can't repair them for free like you can with swords. Still, they are a legitimate alternative once you start seeing armor pop up more and more

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Jusupov posted:

Do you get this every time you satisfy your needs? Third female from a quest and I only now noticed it

Yeah it actually makes getting the happy ending at bathhouses a valid choice before going out on a quest that might require speech checks. I'm surprised there's no VD in the game since it seems to have everything else.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

bees everywhere posted:

Yeah it actually makes getting the happy ending at bathhouses a valid choice before going out on a quest that might require speech checks. I'm surprised there's no VD in the game since it seems to have everything else.

Before colonization and air-travel VD's didn't spread as easily. The big exception being by the silk road.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Neuhof spoilers I never reported any of my investigations to Captain Bernard...I thought he'd think I done good by taking the initiative and solving this little caper. Instead he chews my rear end out like really loving hard. Now I feel like a dipshit even though I had to solve a fuckin sherlock holmes whodunit and fight like 3 bandits.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
god drat, i love this game so far. the combat(at the millers) has been fun so far. stabbing highway men in the face, never gets old.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Most likely the rep drop was from me knocking someone unconscious. They probably ran right to the nearest town and reported me.

Also, now that I know I can tip people instead of just haggling down my prices my rep is finally soaring.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wish I understood why participating in archery contests doesn't provide a skill boost to archery.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Anyone have any idea why people are asking why someone stole my fancy clothes?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
for anyone struggling with the pickpocketing intro - for some reason if you're a certain distance away you can start pickpocketing but you'll never get more than a second in. get way closer with your face in his rear end and you should be able to hold it down for ~8-9 seconds which is enough to get the dagger

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I wish I understood why participating in archery contests doesn't provide a skill boost to archery.

I'm having a bitch of a time raising archery. I want to get to 5 so I can stop wearing a vambrace.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Pylons posted:

I'm having a bitch of a time raising archery. I want to get to 5 so I can stop wearing a vambrace.

Go shoot rabbits and deer and boars a lot

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I'm growing to love the feature in this game where you have to hack a totally unarmored guy like 10 times in a sword before he surrenders. Extremely realistic

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

What's the jank level on this game compared to, say, Elex?

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

sum posted:

I'm growing to love the feature in this game where you have to hack a totally unarmored guy like 10 times in a sword before he surrenders. Extremely realistic

it's extremely realistic t hat a bitch like you wouldn't be able to hurt anyone :smugdog: :smugdog: :smugdog:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just finished the prologue. I like this Game more than HZD and the new Assassins Creed

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
does every vendor have a chest with all of their money and gear? because im not really seeing the point of the whole "trading" thing

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

evilmiera posted:

Most likely the rep drop was from me knocking someone unconscious. They probably ran right to the nearest town and reported me.

Also, now that I know I can tip people instead of just haggling down my prices my rep is finally soaring.

Yeah, this happened to me as well.
I think that even if you sneak up on someone, and knock them out, they somehow still know it was you. At least that's how it seemed to me.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008

Rock Puncher posted:

Tips for beating the life out of kunesh and unarmed combat in general:

Use the high ground. There's a small hill next to kunesh's house, stand high and aim high, they seem to have a much harder time blocking when you're slightly taller than them. Also if you never run out of stamina he can never actually beat you from my experience.

Few other things work too, unless enemy is seriously overleveled:

* Start with a kick, follow by two quick jabs (right click) or a jab and a swing
* Try to corner enemy, keep him there by kicking and follow by jab or swing
* Back out, breathe, repeat
* Don't go too close because you get instagrappled and enemy tends to win those

Kicks are good ways to open a combo/close distance, because enemy tends to protect face more than anything else and kick reaches a bit further I think
Also, all sorts of air punching does level unarmed, it seems. I got level up while just boxing air (but I was in a fistfight during this)

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 17, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Anyone have any idea why people are asking why someone stole my fancy clothes?

Iirc that means you have high rep there but look like poo poo

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
If your clothes are dirty, nobles and burghers (merchants etc) like you less
If your weapon is bloody, you can use aggressive stance in dialogs more successfully I think and peasants give you less crap

It seems that three talking modes - sly, cute and angry seem to work better on specific classes. Peasants poo poo themselves if you act aggressive, guards seem to get tricked easily by being a lying scum and rest of the folk likes cute talk

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 17, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
swimming out into midstream raises speech for some reason?

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
What are you supposed to do when the enemy grapples? Is there any way to grapple back?

I've also tried kicking with left trigger (Xbox gamepad on PC) and it seems to do nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sheep posted:

What are you supposed to do when the enemy grapples? Is there any way to grapple back?

I've also tried kicking with left trigger (Xbox gamepad on PC) and it seems to do nothing.

You can win a clench by mashing the attack button. Maybe it's the same for a grapple?