Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Jack Trades posted:

Wow, your aim totally just snapped to that guy, nice aimhack you cheater.

It's called flick shooting you pleb. But in reality, it was my brain not processing the situation well. Like with Kapkan there I couldn't decide if he was a corpse or not which is why I flick on and off of him. And I expected mute to be moving faster than he was, which is why I shot up the shelves in front of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

CaptCommy posted:

It's called flick shooting you pleb. But in reality, it was my brain not processing the situation well. Like with Kapkan there I couldn't decide if he was a corpse or not which is why I flick on and off of him. And I expected mute to be moving faster than he was, which is why I shot up the shelves in front of him.

Nah, you're clearly cheating.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

mp5 posted:

was he on the other team, because if he was on your team you should have all taken turns teamkilling him

opponent team. began the game by saying "gl hf" and he immediately starts calling everyone on my team niggers and saying EZ at every chance. he had a vendetta against me for some reason and would type "ooooooooof" in chat if he ever killed me. endgame, we're all saying gg wp and he's still spouting the same poo poo and asking us all to 1v1 him on house lol, he was extra salty cause I had 8 kills and a poo poo tonne of assists, and he only had 5 kills. it was a really tense game as well, it was neck and neck and we just about won it 5-4, so no doubt he was feeling triggered. I wasn't even being toxic back, I was mostly ignoring it or telling him to stop.

I just want him to get his poo poo banned, it just annoyed me when he laughed it off and said ubi doesn't do poo poo, and I remember ubi taking a new stance on racism and explicitly saying they will permaban for it.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Feb 16, 2018

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Q8ee posted:

so remember Ubisoft updated their ToS that said racism was a permanent ban offense? is there a specific email I can send ingame screenshots to, to get a particularly toxic person banned?

spent the entire game spouting racism and trying to tilt us all. we won in the end 5-4, but it was trash. "lol i've been toxic for a year and ubi doesn't care". would be nice to get him permabanned, cause yikes. I'm pretty happy with the win, though. it was 2v1 and I clutched it.

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel

I've put in about 135 reports since June of last year, I'm sure they've flagged me as obnoxious by now.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Cases/Channel

I've put in about 135 reports since June of last year, I'm sure they've flagged me as obnoxious by now.

this. is. loving. cathartic.

this guy gonna get banned. will Support reply to me telling me what the outcome of my ticket is? will I be informed of his ban duration / type?

edit: oh man, my game has been nonstop crashing whenever the map loads in. sometimes I'm able to get through character select, sometimes it crashes on map load. this only started happening earlier today. it'd crash mid-game, but has progressively gotten worse. so it went from crashing mid-to-late game to mid-game, to character select, to map load. now I can't play because it'll consistently crash after I load into a map.

I've changed nothing since this afternoon so I have no idea why the game is suddenly deciding to poo poo itself?

Qubee fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 16, 2018

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Q8ee posted:

opponent team. began the game by saying "gl hf" and he immediately starts calling everyone on my team niggers and saying EZ at every chance. he had a vendetta against me for some reason and would type "ooooooooof" in chat if he ever killed me. endgame, we're all saying gg wp and he's still spouting the same poo poo and asking us all to 1v1 him on house lol, he was extra salty cause I had 8 kills and a poo poo tonne of assists, and he only had 5 kills. it was a really tense game as well, it was neck and neck and we just about won it 5-4, so no doubt he was feeling triggered. I wasn't even being toxic back, I was mostly ignoring it or telling him to stop.

I just want him to get his poo poo banned, it just annoyed me when he laughed it off and said ubi doesn't do poo poo, and I remember ubi taking a new stance on racism and explicitly saying they will permaban for it.

I hope your report works but console yourself a little in that you definitely won this the best way you could because he sounds super salty about the end result.

Edit: wait do we actually think that clip is cheating because it doesnt look like it to me. Looks like an overcorrection followed by a semi accidental kill and a purposefull kill. ( I dunno if the kapkan kill was on purpose. It took me a bit to parse what had happened there.)

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 17, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
idk if ubisoft is ready to ban half their playerbase permanently

ZeusCannon posted:

Edit: wait do we actually think that clip is cheating because it doesnt look like it to me. Looks like an overcorrection followed by a semi accidental kill abd a purposefull kill. ( I dunno if the kapkan kill was on purpose. It took me a bit to parse what had happened there.)

:thejoke:

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Thief posted:

idk if ubisoft is ready to ban half their playerbase permanently

:thejoke:

Ah ok. In game news spawn peeking with tachankas turret is super funny if not always effective.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

ZeusCannon posted:

I hope your report works but console yourself a little in that you definitely won this the best way you could because he sounds super salty about the end result.

I'm in an elite CounterToxic unit, been training for years. this guy was a chump. I'd ignore him and he'd hit me with the "you there, bud?" and I'd say "yeah still here". my entire team was boss, we were all mic chatting saying we can't lose to these fuckers and the positivity was just wholesome as hell. on rounds we'd lose, we'd all sorta pat each other on the back and say not to worry and we'll get em next time.

then at the end, the toxic guy has a complete meltdown and gets so mad, and me and my entire team are just being chill and saying "gg wp, close game".

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
playing for the free weekend because i have been toying with buying this game but can't justify paying so much for a game that is so old

i might be inclined to buy it now

thanks for reading

Qubee
May 31, 2013

buy it. the game is great.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

dont buy the starter edition

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

boop the snoot posted:

can't justify paying so much for a game that is so old

This is weird as Siege remains fresher after 2 years than most games do after 2 weeks.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

if anything, siege has gotten better with time. it's an old game, but it's aged really, really well. it's barely recognizable from the game it was at launch (which in this case is a really good thing).

no game out there nails sound design like R6 does, and the evolving gameplay is what keeps me coming back. there's always a different way to play a round.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
yeah but it's just tough for me to pull the trigger on spending $40+ for a game that came out over two years ago regardless of what people say about it. i generally shop for older games because they are typically heavily discounted.

what i'm saying is, the free weekend is a pretty brilliant way to market the game.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the thing that kills old games is multiplayer activity

the fact that the game isn't :10bux: yet should give you an idea of how many people are still playing while ubi will often straight up give away older major titles for free in hopes that players will ever even look at uplay

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Q8ee posted:

this. is. loving. cathartic.

this guy gonna get banned. will Support reply to me telling me what the outcome of my ticket is? will I be informed of his ban duration / type?

edit: oh man, my game has been nonstop crashing whenever the map loads in. sometimes I'm able to get through character select, sometimes it crashes on map load. this only started happening earlier today. it'd crash mid-game, but has progressively gotten worse. so it went from crashing mid-to-late game to mid-game, to character select, to map load. now I can't play because it'll consistently crash after I load into a map.

I've changed nothing since this afternoon so I have no idea why the game is suddenly deciding to poo poo itself?

Nah, they give the standard "We can't discuss what actions, if any, have been taken" response.

My FPS has poo poo the bed ever since that Windows patch that had something to do with Intel stuff. I used to get closer to 130-140 FPS; now I'm lucky if I get a consistent 80 and often I get the CPU bug that drags me down to 40-50 with severe drops at times.

It really sucks as I have a 144hz monitor. Some of it is this 970 getting old but I can't afford a $400 GPU.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Besides playing Halo as a teen, Siege is the longest I've ever stuck with a game. Genuinely feels fresh each new season.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

so doesn't the starter edition extend the time/grind it takes to unlock stuff? does the free weekend deal work at that rate or at the quicker rate you'd get with the standard edition? i have to imagine it's the latter but i'm just curious

e: additionally, how many year passes will there be &/or does the complete edition cover everything going forward thx

doctorthefonz fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Feb 17, 2018

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

doctorthefonz posted:

so doesn't the starter edition extend the time/grind it takes to unlock stuff? does the free weekend deal work at that rate or at the quicker rate you'd get with the standard edition? i have to imagine it's the latter but i'm just curious

e: additionally, how many year passes will there be &/or does the complete edition cover everything going forward thx

Complete covers Base+Y1+Y2 iirc, y3 is seperate and will prolly be rolled into the complete when/if we get a Y4.

doctorthefonz
Nov 17, 2007

thankee

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Free weekend is the standard edition rate. Note that you can't be cute and buy ops at standard price during the weekend then buy the starter, that edition removes the ops you bought. Buying any other edition lets you keep them of course.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
To sort of reiterate again what everyone is saying. Don't get the starter edition. No joke the grind is really really hideous and I can't imagine the frustration later if you want to actually play unique operators, you know a sort of key element of the whole game. It is basically a trap and there are very few cases where it makes any sense. The standard basically makes it easy to unlock all the year 1 OPs in a reasonable amount of time.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Every day I see people on Reddit who complain about only having 12 operators (out of 30+) after 250 hours. Don't get the Starter Edition.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

unlawfulsoup posted:

To sort of reiterate again what everyone is saying. Don't get the starter edition. No joke the grind is really really hideous and I can't imagine the frustration later if you want to actually play unique operators, you know a sort of key element of the whole game. It is basically a trap and there are very few cases where it makes any sense. The standard basically makes it easy to unlock all the year 1 OPs in a reasonable amount of time.

i heard if you buy the starter and then a year X pass it unlocks standard rates but i have no clue if that's true. I got starter because I only had $15 so

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i heard if you buy the starter and then a year X pass it unlocks standard rates but i have no clue if that's true. I got starter because I only had $15 so

That's not true. I had the Starter Edition, bought a pass and still had to pay 12,500 for base ops (I just bought the Attacker/Defender bundles).

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Azran posted:

That's not true. I had the Starter Edition, bought a pass and still had to pay 12,500 for base ops (I just bought the Attacker/Defender bundles).

that's unfortunate.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If you somehow buy Starter Edition like a dumbass you will still able to buy all original operators via a real money bundle and that'll end up costing you as much as a non-discounted Standard edition.
So it's not the end of the world but you should still buy Standard edition.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If Hard is still here lurking I'm hella disappointed that ubi is turning the one good they have and turning it into a 'Live Service'

loot boxes and poo poo, it's only going to get worse. Siege will probably look like a f2p Chinese game in a year

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Indeed, I'd much rather they forgot about it and tried to sell me Siege 2 instead.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jack Trades posted:

Indeed, I'd much rather they forgot about it and tried to sell me Siege 2 instead.

Seriously I started thinking about this a year ago. Please just make a sequel

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I have like 200 hours of siege and am half way to affording my first DLC operator. Thanks activision.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Seriously I started thinking about this a year ago. Please just make a sequel

why, when they can make more money this way?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Before we get siege 2

first every operator needs a 20$ elite skin, at least 10 of the cosmetic bundles that you can only buy with real money and not in game credits, and they need to sell more Season Passes on top of that, and now that I mention it the sales on the 20$ operator bundles are doing alright but we should be getting people to buy more 7 Day Renown Boosters and R6 Credit packs so they can run that treadmill a bit longer.

Oh and the ugliest cosmetics cost an insane amount of renown, like 22k or some poo poo for a Skull Rain helmet, which is good. I also like that half the skins you get from Alpha Packs are ugly floral patterns. Also RIP anyone dumb enough to buy Alpha Pack bundles

And they gotta make a different loot pool with rad, get'em before they're gone cosmetics and make them like a slot machine, but it's cool because it will only take 100$ of your money

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Penpal posted:

Before we get siege 2

first every operator needs a 20$ elite skin, at least 10 of the cosmetic bundles that you can only buy with real money and not in game credits, and they need to sell more Season Passes on top of that, and now that I mention it the sales on the 20$ operator bundles are doing alright but we should be getting people to buy more 7 Day Renown Boosters and R6 Credit packs so they can run that treadmill a bit longer.

Oh and the ugliest cosmetics cost an insane amount of renown, like 22k or some poo poo for a Skull Rain helmet, which is good. I also like that half the skins you get from Alpha Packs are ugly floral patterns. Also RIP anyone dumb enough to buy Alpha Pack bundles

And they gotta make a different loot pool with rad, get'em before they're gone cosmetics and make them like a slot machine, but it's cool because it will only take 100$ of your money

I'm sorry that you can't help yourself but to buy every lovely cosmetic that gets thrown at you? :shrug:

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Are you talking to me, because I don't have a problem not paying for loot boxes

I think the board of directors at Ubisoft have our best interests at heart, don't worry

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Penpal posted:

Are you talking to me, because I don't have a problem not paying for loot boxes

Are you sure? You seem to be very upset about something that allegedly doesn't affect you at all.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

Are you sure? You seem to be very upset about something that allegedly doesn't affect you at all.

I wrote some paragraphs yeah, and expressed myself. I am of course boiling with rage and have flipped every table in my house, and I only stopped to look at my crab-red and clenched face once in the mirror (but it was a sustained stare that lasted at least 20 mins)

Like is your point that I care about something

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Jack Trades posted:

It affects me when my cool game gets bogged down in stupid microtransaction bullshit I'm not interested in, dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

It affects me when my cool game gets bogged down in stupid microtransaction bullshit I'm not interested in, dumbass.

Bogged down how? All of that poo poo is literally segregated to it's own separate menu that you never ever even have to click on if you're only interested in the game part of the game.

Don't misunderstand me, lootboxes and premium currency are still total cancer but you people are doomsaying the game one of the tamest implementations of microtransactions.