Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

she seems nice but I have an overwhelming urge to scream obscenities and smear myself with feces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

quote:

"A student of the PWA Training Academy in New South Wales, FaceBrooke is the newest member of stable SMS (alongside Unsocial Jordan, SnapChad and formerly InstaGraham)."

InstaGraham is solid.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I like it.

Haha!

See what I did there?

Aphrodite posted:

InstaGraham is solid.
The Virgin Tweeter vs. The Snap Chap feud is gonna go viral!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

How do they not have Myspace Tom?

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I think the idea was having a Mike Space instead.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

InstaGraham is solid.

he's Kyle Fletcher of Aussie Open, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Looks like he is, yeah.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Has anyone explained why Mari Apache perpetually looks like she doesn't want to be there in her Stardom promos, etc?

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Richter Scabies posted:

Has anyone explained why Mari Apache perpetually looks like she doesn't want to be there in her Stardom promos, etc?

Still better than Nanae who used them to get some extra "bully the young girls" time in.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If this week couldn't be more terrible

https://twitter.com/LuFisto/status/964309465343414272

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah it cannot be said enough, but Nanae is a piece of human garbage. It's one of the main reasons why I don't watch/support seadlling. They have some great talent, but unless you are part of Nanae's clique, you aren't going to be treated well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Richter Scabies posted:

I mean she's cutting these promos in Spanish that aren't even getting translated. I wouldn't blame her if it feels kinda pointless.

The 6 man tag with Mayu, Tam & Mari against Oedo Tai from the most recent Shinkiba show is really good, and the extended beat down section on Tam felt really cruel and sad. I'm looking forward to the tag title match at Korakuen.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if my poo poo wasn't getting translated, I'd try to amuse myself. Like do a promo backwards, or shoutouts to people I went to gradeschool with.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Baron Corbyn posted:

I mean she's cutting these promos in Spanish that aren't even getting translated. I wouldn't blame her if it feels kinda pointless.

The 6 man tag with Mayu, Tam & Mari against Oedo Tai from the most recent Shinkiba show is really good, and the extended beat down section on Tam felt really cruel and sad. I'm looking forward to the tag title match at Korakuen.

Man, you weren't kidding. I loved how each person did it, too. Natsu's reluctance turning into grim acceptance. Hana's unhinged rage.
Kagetsu's cool all-business approach.
I'm glad Kris isn't there right now, I don't think she's mean enough for what Oedo Tai is going for at the moment. That post-match felt legit as well. This angle is really good.

Natsu and Kagetsu are really taped up this week, they must be banged up.

e: Hana is completely fine

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 17, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah that match was real good. I went ahead and nominated it for an HM. Excited to see how people like Hana and Tam develop their characters/skills going forward.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Its Tam Time, MOTHERFUCKER

*koto music plays*

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I just started watching Stardom and had caught up on some Oedo Tai stuff. I get the general idea behind the Tam storyline, but I'm interested in when/where it started before it got to "Tam's out" and then "Time to beat up Tam"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TTBF posted:

I just started watching Stardom and had caught up on some Oedo Tai stuff. I get the general idea behind the Tam storyline, but I'm interested in when/where it started before it got to "Tam's out" and then "Time to beat up Tam"

Oedo Tai are basically hooligans and don't follow rules/rarely honor stipulations. They feud with pretty much everyone else in STARDOM, and their alumni/former member list is incredibly lengthy and has a few notable names you may know in it. (Shayna Baszler and Nikki Cross were part of it at one time)

Basically it really started to take off around that time. Oedo Tai (Hana Kimura, Sumire Natsu, Kagetsu, and Kris Wolf) and Queen's Quest (HZK, AZM, Momo Watanabe, Viper, Io Shirai) are mortal enemies pretty much. They had a 5 on 5 gauntlet match where the last person in the faction to be pinned would be forced to leave said faction. Tam was pinned by Momo (if I recall), and forced to leave Oedo Tai as a result.

After the match Tam was invited to join Queen's Quest by Io, although Mayu came out and delivered a burn to Io before running off with Tam. Now lets talk about other feuds/relationships which tie into this entire thing.

Mayu and Io are...bitter rivals to say the least. They used to be great friends (and part of one of the most dominant trio factions [Threedom, composed of Io Shirai, Mayu Iwatani, and Kairi Hojo/Sane] and tag teams [Thunder Rock, composed of Io Shirai and Mayu Iwatani] in STARDOM history), but that fell apart when Io betrayed Mayu and to a lesser extent Kairi.

Io then formed Queen's Quest as what is pretty much seen as a no nonsense faction. She strives for near perfection in her group. Her and Mayu have a bitter rivalry as a result. Originally that rivalry was supposed to end when Mayu won the red belt (as Io was preparing to leave for WWE at the time), but Io ended up returning a few weeks later after WWE pulled the contract offer (although the exact reason is unknown since Dave kept changing his story), resulting in the rivalry being rekindled.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 17, 2018

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

When did Tam enter the picture? I noticed she was there at AZM vs Kris Wolf but I don't think I saw her at Hana Kimura vs Kagetsu. Was she elsewhere in the company or did she come from outside to join Oedo Tai?

e: Found a surprisingly good reddit post that answered my questions. I did not expect Tam being in explosion deathmatches.

TTBF fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Feb 17, 2018

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

The short version of Oedo Tai (as told by a someone with only a vague idea of anything more than 6 months ago):

Formed by Kyoko Kimura and Act Yasukawa, with a rotating band of foreign heels. This wasn't a very interesting time.

Act leaves Stardom for... reasons. Kyoko retires, handing off to Kagetsu. Oedo Tai becomes primarily Kagetsu, Kris Wolf, Viper, and Hana Kimura.

Mid July, Oedo Tai starts using their current music and introduces the choreographed dance. This is the same day that Tam is introduced to Stardom. Two weeks later, Io offers a spot in QQ to Viper, and she accepts, leaving OT.

Over the next two months, OT takes Tam under their wing, but does not formally induct her until the 5*GP Hana/Kagetsu match. All of Oedo Tai has matches with each other, and they're all Great. Viper is also in their block, and OT vs Viper matches are good fun as well (The 5*GP ran 8/20 to 9/18).

After a while, Tam took some time off due to injuries, and became the manager of OT (introducing her panda manager P in this time). To fill the ranks, Kagetsu brought in a fifth member on 11/4: Sumire Natsu. This began a dissention storyline where Hana and Tam feel like they're being pushed out, Natsu seems more interested in attention and is using OT for her own promotion, and Kris is torn because she is but a simple wolf who's pack is fracturing. Over the next two months, Hana and Tam attack Natsu "accidentally", and eventually refuse to participate in matches and dances. Eventually, Natsu, Hana and Tam are able to mend the faction on the last show of 2017.

Once again a cohesive unit, and Tam healthy again, Kagetsu challenged Queens Quest to a 5v5 Gauntlet match, where the loser leaves their faction. On 1/21, QQ defeated OT, and Tam was removed. Io offered the emotionally crushed Tam a spot in QQ after the loss, but Mayu literally runs off with her.

That's pretty much where we are now. Hana is a trainwreck, as Tam and her were tight. Kris has barely been seen since the loss (mostly due to injury). Oedo Tai beats the ever loving gently caress out of Tam in the 2/10 Trios match, leading up to Tam/Mayu vs Kag/Hana for the tag titles.

e: That reddit post is more compete info, but mine has links so its better :colbert:

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Those links do help me out a ton! Thank you very much.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yo, there was a new STARDOM title introduced.

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/965078831055888385

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/965079141111382016

Also looks like its rematch time on April 1st!

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/965087229138776065

I do think Stardom can and should phase out either the SWA title or High Speed Title. They have too many titles now.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Feb 18, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If you have DDT Universe, Tokyo Joshi Pro are doing a live show at 4:30 AM EST, 9:30 AM GMT main evented by Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuna Manase for their title.

I've only seen their January 4th show bit Miyu vs. Reika Saiki was probably the best women's match I've seen this year so worth a watch if you're already subscribed to DDT.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Stardom has a stupid amount of belts for such a small roster

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Stardom has a stupid amount of belts for such a small roster

Yeah which is why I said they should retire the SWA or High Speed title. They are very rarely defended anyways.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there should be more of the belts because they are a good accessory

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

everyone should have their own belt and every match should be an all titles match imho

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

If you have DDT Universe, Tokyo Joshi Pro are doing a live show at 4:30 AM EST, 9:30 AM GMT main evented by Miyu Yamashita vs. Yuna Manase for their title.

I've only seen their January 4th show bit Miyu vs. Reika Saiki was probably the best women's match I've seen this year so worth a watch if you're already subscribed to DDT.

I think this show is free?

https://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20180218_LIVE_TJP

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My friends you missed out on that one. In the main event was a woman whose arsenal included the "Boingmaker" and the "Boing-ma-ye" where she did the set up for the moves she was parodying and then, instead of hitting her opponent with a lariat/knee respectively, she hit her with her boobs.

Seriously, it was a pretty fun event. Reika Saiki is amazing. She's 4'11" and her finish is the loving Jackhammer.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I loved the Reika Saiki/Yuka Sakazaki vs. Maki Ito/Mizuki tag. I'm seeing TJP for the first time when they come to Osaka in April, and I really hope Reika is with them then (she just returned from a month or so away assumedly focusing on her band with Ladybeard). She was the first reason I started watching TJP and I want her to destroy me at arm wrestling. Maki is also great - her gimmick is she started wrestling after failing as an idol singer, fueled by an entitled streak a mile wide and the world's sourest grapes - and it feels like she's improved a lot in a pretty short time.

I wasn't a huge fan of Nonoko (a recent retiree who originally did the boob parody moves; having huge breasts was her whole gimmick and the joke kind of wears thin after the first dozen matches) but it's kind of fun seeing Yuna Manase take up the mantle. That said I hope they don't go too hard on the bit because I think she has more upside without it than Nonoko did.

I will say that Maho Kurone challenging Yamashita for the belt was probably the last thing I expected, but I'm intrigued.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 18, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The tag was definitely the match of the night. This was the second TJP show I watched and I'm with you on Reika and Maki being great. The Reika Saiki vs. Miyu Yamashita match from their January 4th show might be the best women's match I've seen this year.

The main event was good tonight, and I feel they definitely didn't overdo it with the boob spots like they did in the tag match on the January 4th show.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

Baron Corbyn posted:

The Reika Saiki vs. Miyu Yamashita match from their January 4th show might be the best women's match I've seen this year.

Agreed, though admittedly that's partially because I can't really count "The Kagetsu/Io and Kagetsu/Viper parts of the Oedo Tai/Queen's Quest 5-way" as a match per se.

The tag on the 12th leading into tonight's main was also a lot of fun - Miyu and Maki vs. Yuna and Shoko Nakajima, who I also really like - but tonight's was better.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Baron Corbyn posted:

My friends you missed out on that one.

I didn't realize it was only free for a bit of time. I was gonna watch it today.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TTBF posted:

everyone should have their own belt and every match should be an all titles match imho

Eventually someone would end up like Liger with the belt armour. I realise this is not so much a deterrent as a selling point.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TTBF posted:

I didn't realize it was only free for a bit of time. I was gonna watch it today.

I think only the live stream was free. I didn't even realise it was free at all until I went to check what time it was on and it was labeled as free. They didn't really publicise it.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

TTBF posted:

AbemaTV put the best match of the night on their YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP9llfoqQVo

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

Thinking about going to this in April because Emma vs. Britt Baker (and Fenix vs. Pentag0m), plus it's be my first indie experience....the whole card looks a bit goofy apart those two matchups though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/remixpro/status/951097112271474688

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Richter Scabies posted:

Thinking about going to this in April because Emma vs. Britt Baker (and Fenix vs. Pentag0m), plus it's be my first indie experience....the whole card looks a bit goofy apart those two matchups though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/remixpro/status/951097112271474688

I’ll be there.

Parking is kind of tight so try to get there a little early. It’s a middle school gym. The nice part is if you have general admission, you’re in the bleachers so the view is quite good.

It’s a good first indie experience though. A lot of the locals aren’t good but they try hard and they only do two shows a year so the crowd is generally pretty hot.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Do we know what the deal was with Emma? Like, didn't she go from fighting Asuka on a PPV to fired in a week?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Saint Freak posted:

Do we know what the deal was with Emma? Like, didn't she go from fighting Asuka on a PPV to fired in a week?

Not much was known about the details surrounding her release. The only thing I've heard is that some people in creative claim she was really difficult to work with. Rovert may know more details.