Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

he could have at least beaten Dennis Siver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gay Horney posted:

I know who Joe Buck and randy moss are but randy moss retired a decade ago so I still don't get what the post is about. It's fuckin weird that Lee got a title shot after beating trinaldo, chiesa, and one of the Khabibs. Usually you have to beat a contender.

Randy Moss pantomimed mooning the good people of Green Bay once and Joe Buck reacted as if Moss had hosed Vince Lombardi's corpse on the field

In this circumstance, I believe CAMERON was comparing El Roncho's distaste for Kevin Lee's antics to Joe Buck's distaste for Randy Moss's antics

I have murdered the joke. It is dead now

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I think Kevin Lees push came a little early, but hes marketable imo, which is probably why they pushed him. Also, he had a tit canker and probably shouldn't have been cleared to fight.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I liked when outkast name dropped Randy Moss on The Whole World

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

To get back to Kevin Lee, who else should he have fought to get an interim title vs Tony at that point in time where Khabib and Conor were fictional characters and RDA and Alvarez had just lost and/or changed divisions?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
As a fan of mooning, I would be the first to cheer Kevin Lee on were he to bust his rear end out at the right time. Make no mistake.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
kevin lee is pretty good

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Bluedeanie posted:

I liked when outkast name dropped Randy Moss on The Whole World

I believe that was Killer Mike's verse. But that was a good song and outkast is good, as is killer Mike. Also, I like Randy Moss.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i only have a superficial knowlege of who who joe buck is but any time someone brings him up i say "good evening sports fans. i'm joe buck and i'm here to gently caress." and it always helps people overlook the fact that i don't know poo poo about real sports.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

freud mayweather posted:

i only have a superficial knowlege of who who joe buck is but any time someone brings him up i say "good evening sports fans. i'm joe buck and i'm here to gently caress." and it always helps people overlook the fact that i don't know poo poo about real sports.

the joke here is the Joe Buck has canonically never hosed

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

freud mayweather posted:

I would consider you a close personal friend after hearing this joke tbqh

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
joe buck sucks

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

He lost to Tony yea, but the fight was awesome and his submission victories leading up to that fight were all sick.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

Eat This Glob posted:

I believe that was Killer Mike's verse. But that was a good song and outkast is good, as is killer Mike. Also, I like Randy Moss.

You are correct.

Glitter, glisten, gloss, floss
I catch a beat running like Randy Moss

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Machida vs Belfort being talked about for some future Brazil card i can't be bothered to look up/link to

yknow, just fyi

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Soothing Vapors posted:

I have murdered the joke. It is dead now

This is for the best.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009

LobsterMobster posted:

Machida vs Belfort being talked about for some future Brazil card i can't be bothered to look up/link to

yknow, just fyi

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

Randy Moss pantomimed mooning the good people of Green Bay once and Joe Buck reacted as if Moss had hosed Vince Lombardi's corpse on the field

Moss was really sweet when he explained Packer fans moon losing team busses.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

yknow, just fyi

The Old Man and the Pee

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Memento posted:

The Old Man and the Pee

Yes... yes...

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
I don’t like the new scoring where it’s easier to get an 8-10 round I liked the old system of
10-9: anything from a close round to an asskicking
10-8: the judge feels the ref was wrong to not stop the fight
10-7: one of the fighters is Danny “Boy” Downes

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Memento posted:

The Old Man and the Pee

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Matt Lindland posted:

i get knocked down but i get up again ohhh danny boy

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Matt Lindland posted:

I don’t like the new scoring where it’s easier to get an 8-10 round I liked the old system of
10-9: anything from a close round to an asskicking
10-8: the judge feels the ref was wrong to not stop the fight

This is my Ocarina of Time.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i think Kevin Lee did fine against Tony. he was winning early but mismanaged his energy. in the rematch, he'd take a clear decision.

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

i think Kevin Lee did fine against Tony. he was winning early but mismanaged his energy. in the rematch, he'd take a clear decision.

He went into that fight with a pretty bad staph infection iirc

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Lee had a great first round against a slow-starter who's very hittable early on. I think he'd lose a rematch in pretty much the same fashion.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Everyone looks good against Tony for a minute imo. That's part of what makes him so good and what makes him hosed against Khabib

Horse Inspector
Aug 11, 2005
privacy publicly displayed
I'm mostly sad we missed out on what I think would have been a really interesting and entertaining fight. Slow starter or not I thought Lee looked pretty good that first round, and although I don't believe he would have won; without the infection ruining his weight cut and draining him it would have been a compelling matchup.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Robert Analog posted:

I agree, in some of the media for the chiesa fight he was claiming he was the next Conor McGregor and he’s kinda emulating him just without the impressive wins or charisma and likability.

Conor only has one of those three things.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Snowman_McK posted:

Conor only has one of those three things.

*farts*

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

can't wait to find out which one of those 3 things got him into the mid 8 digits for a single fight

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

can't wait to find out which one of those 3 things got him into the mid 8 digits for a single fight

racism

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Marching Powder posted:

Floyd is intensely unlikable and uncharismatic and he made like 300 million dollars for one fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Floyd is intensely unlikable and uncharismatic and he made like 300 million dollars for one fight.

*farts*

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

*scribbling rain man equations across three blackboards* THE MAN IS INTENSELY UNLIKABLE PEOPLE. FOR FUCKS SAKE HE HAS *points with ruler* ZERO CHARISMA, BEATS WOMEN, FIGHTS LIKE HE'S TRYING TO WORK UP THE COURAGE TO ASK HIS FIRST BOYFRIEND OUT AND PEOPLE ARE PAYING HIM 300 MILLION TO FIGHT A FILO POLITICIAN?!

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

*scribbling rain man equations across three blackboards* THE MAN IS INTENSELY UNLIKABLE PEOPLE. FOR FUCKS SAKE HE HAS *points with ruler* ZERO CHARISMA, BEATS WOMEN, FIGHTS LIKE HE'S TRYING TO WORK UP THE COURAGE TO ASK HIS FIRST BOYFRIEND OUT AND PEOPLE ARE PAYING HIM 300 MILLION TO FIGHT A FILO POLITICIAN?!

Sir, this is a drive thru.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Roid Gayweather. Got 'em

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Colby Covington is the prototypical zero charisma fighter.

To the point that him talking all his poo poo is getting him precisely nowhere, unless you count getting hit in the face with a boomerang by a 40 year old man as somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kevin Lee was 10/11 with a good finish rate and won the first round against Tony.

He had a legit staph infection. Speaking from experience staph is a motherfucker. I used to do a 20 minute walk every day, when I came down with staph it took me 50 minutes and I had to stop because I was winded and dizzy 3 times on my route. The fact that he fought in a title fight with a guy like Ferguson is loving insane. I hope they don't just throw him back in the heap, he probably deserves a shot at whomever emerges from the ferguson/khabib/Mcgregor mess.

• Locked thread