Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Testekill posted:

It would be nice if one of your players didn't get reported for belting Blackburn and then Kearney in quick succession

Can’t really be surprised though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Solemn Sloth posted:

Can’t really be surprised though

'Belting' is a bit hyperbolic. It was an open handed shove in the chest.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

snaeksikn posted:

lol the ground is basically empty at the aflx today
Nine thou, apparently. Most of the crowd was on the non-broadcast side, I'm not sure how hot it was in Sydney in the sunshine but it's like... well, it's OK for what was basically a weird experiment.

Was glad when the Carlton-Brisbane AFLW game came on because it was like the goals actually had to be earned! Slow start but it got better.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Jordan de Goey blew .095 in a random breath test last night

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Shmoses posted:

Jordan de Goey blew .095 in a random breath test last night

Should give him millanes number

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Jesus that was loving dumb by the GWS defender

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

McWilliams marking in the last quarter has been pretty great

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Lot of players burning a lot of energy so far

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gently caress me, we’d want to get more than 1 goal from a 14 inside 50s to 0 quarter

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

We miss set shots from 20 out and drop uncontested marks in the goal square while freo just dob a goal in from 50 out. Cool.

Just once I’d like to follow a team that doesn’t loving Melbourne me

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TBH without that kick, freo were fumbling around, but now they're two kicks ahead, so momentum works.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I think I hate these loving bank ads more than I hate melbourne losing

Bring out the loving guillotines

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What is in the back? The umpire sure as gently caress doesn’t have a clue

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Fremantle allowed to kick our player in the head with no free called

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Is there no deliberate behind rule in AFLW? That was pretty blatant ...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Seriously Elise?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

There's been a lot of loose decisions lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Football is bad again

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Football is bad again

Or OTOH football is back to normal operation

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Just glad it wasn't one of ours for a change

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Katie Brennan dislocated her ankle, which I suppose is not as bad as the achilles I thought it was going to be from seeing it live and on the replay.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
What a weird weekend of footy.

Good to watch, but I think we only really have a chance against the dogs next week for a win, with davey out we'll get owned by the crows over there, Melbourne here we'll probably lose and freo over there to end the season which we don't travel well, winning our first away game last weekend.

Although two of those 50m penalties were bullshit and resulted in Brisbane goals (well all 3 50m penalties did) last night, they were still the superior team until that surge near the end by us.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Comp looks a bit more even this season. The Adelaide Erins still maybe in with a chance, with no team more than a win ahead of us now.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

1.5 from 15 inside 50s to 0. gently caress

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

Comp looks a bit more even this season. The Adelaide Erins still maybe in with a chance, with no team more than a win ahead of us now.

Yeah, three weeks in and no team is undefeated, and only one team is winless. Very even.

That said, I did have to laugh at someone commenting that the Crows are only "one win plus percentage from top spot". Yeah, if we could just literally double our percentage in our next win, we should be good!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Hearing from some sources that the Bulldogs literally flew in the morning of the Sydney tournament, had our only AFLX training session 45 minutes prior to the first game and went to the airport as soon as our second game was over

edit: Rohan Smith did come out and say we took it seriously but in literally the most half-assed non apology ever.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 19, 2018

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

Hearing from some sources that the Bulldogs literally flew in the morning of the Sydney tournament, had our only AFLX training session 45 minutes prior to the first game and went to the airport as soon as our second game was over

edit: Rohan Smith did come out and say we took it seriously but in literally the most half-assed non apology ever.

Yeah but you didn’t name Jack Watts captain so there’s something to be said for that.

I think the women’s team losing hits me way harder than the men’s team because I actually still have some hope for the women.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Testekill posted:

Can't really blame them. I guess with the Lions it was like "let's actually try to win something" but they ended up with a big X that looked like something you pick up at the Reject Shop.

I hope they don't do it again because it's taken out the first week of the preseason where the teams would play around the country.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Testekill posted:

The AFL cracked the shits at the Eagles for playing too many kids/not enough stars, and point to Freo who at the time had named Fyfe in the team. The Eagles laughed in their face and said 'as if he'll actually play', and sure enough...

The clubs think it is a huge waste of time, money (and pending injuries) players, and the decision by most of them to name very few star players was a very deliberate 'gently caress you' to the AFL.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The MRP remains as inconsistent and worthless as ever, Dayna Cox gets a week for two push offs, while "there was no evidence of eye gouging" is spoken over the top of video footage of Jetta blatantly eye gouging

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Another thing, that I am sure has been said about AFLX is how stupid it is to be running it during the womens comp.

A womens comp that is building steam, building popularity, has athletes that are taking it seriously, and are having a crack. Instead of focusing on that, the AFL decides to spend it's marketing money, and tv time, and efforts on a bullshit hit and giggle that nobody cares about and is over in less than a week.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Pridegame Guernsey

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/965783501042679808
https://twitter.com/Neroli_M_FOX/status/965771241385689088

While it is pretty bad from a design perspective and also abhorrent in terms of the classic style and theme of the club and guernsey, it is a great gesture and really cool for those it means a lot to, including a whole bunch of our female players.

It is the logo from the official lgbti supporter group Carlton Pride but applied to the jumper and with this years 3d effect on the monogram for the women's team.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
That is fantastic and terrible at the same time.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Carlton jersey sucks

edit: guernsey whatevs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Pridegame Guernsey

https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/965783501042679808
https://twitter.com/Neroli_M_FOX/status/965771241385689088

While it is pretty bad from a design perspective and also abhorrent in terms of the classic style and theme of the club and guernsey, it is a great gesture and really cool for those it means a lot to, including a whole bunch of our female players.

It is the logo from the official lgbti supporter group Carlton Pride but applied to the jumper and with this years 3d effect on the monogram for the women's team.

Imagine how much more it would have meant if your club, like mine, were not a bunch of fence sitting shitlords

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah that sucked but the board was only going to support it if it was a unianimous decision according to our president, we still basically said yay equality and strongly urge people to vote yes, just without saying it outright.

I bet it was Jeanne Pratt (the old hag) who vetoed the board on that decision. And Judd joined the board the next month. But we have the Victorian equal opportunity commissioner as a boardmember, so I bet she was pushing for us to support the yes campaign.

Anyway... here's this grouse kid
https://twitter.com/NicNat/status/965427207416905728

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
the carton jumper owns, actually

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Apparently Jordan Lewis is one of our Vice Captains now??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

strap on revenge posted:

the carton jumper owns, actually

The Bulldogs one is better in every way tbh